Pages:
Author

Topic: WARNING DeepOnion is a SCAM, proof inside! - page 67. (Read 70335 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 22, 2017, 06:58:54 PM
and only a few hundred people left in the inner circle, because they kicked all the other people time by time for suspiscious reason.
So dev, his friends and all their sockpuppets earn onions every time and some people without this insiderknowledge will buy the worthless coin.
Well, first of all it is not worthless since you have already a fluently working wallet and easily can make some transactions over the TOR network as well as using the DeepVault feature to validate documents. The reason why there is only a relatively small circle of Airdrop receivers is because the Airdrop is concepted to value the believers and supporters of this project and not some random people that only want to make a quick buck. That is also the reason why you get a founder status in the upcoming Votecentral if you participate in 21+ Airdrop rounds. The devs are passionate about building a strong community and in my opinion this makes them just more trustworthy. With their skills they could easily do a fake ICO and get a whole bunch of money if their only intention was to scam people.

Deepvault is nothing.  The functionality to put document hashes on a blockchain existed in 2009. It has nothing to do with a privacy coin also.

Centralizing the coin makes it useless - except as a pump and dump coin at the end of the airdrop.
November 22, 2017, 06:56:04 PM
if only 400 people are receiving the airdrop then surely this is a centralized currency? - the wealthy few - the trading volume is really low on the exchanges so no one is buying the tokens.

Looks like a major hold and dump at the end of the airdrop run. Prove me wrong deeponion please.

Any thoughts?

You have accurately assessed the problem.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
November 22, 2017, 06:51:58 PM
Are you really promoting this coin ?, I don't see you carrying any DeepOnion Material, what exactly do you have to gain by this accusation. Yes that's exactly what it is you going on a hunch that something might happen and your proof is the premine staking. This was discussed in the thread and everyone  agreed what the extra coins from POS being generated was going to be used for.

It seems like you on a crusade to defame this brand at all costs. Its like saying oh he has a gun with bullets he will probably kill someone, you cant judge on what has not happened. I find this really premature and really no substance in what you trying to achieve.

what would be the world without people that volutarily reveal evil and are righteus by nature for free? right we would have to pay constantly for everything to get honest information at all.
Activity: 167
November 22, 2017, 06:47:56 PM
and only a few hundred people left in the inner circle, because they kicked all the other people time by time for suspiscious reason.
So dev, his friends and all their sockpuppets earn onions every time and some people without this insiderknowledge will buy the worthless coin.
Well, first of all it is not worthless since you have already a fluently working wallet and easily can make some transactions over the TOR network as well as using the DeepVault feature to validate documents. The reason why there is only a relatively small circle of Airdrop receivers is because the Airdrop is concepted to value the believers and supporters of this project and not some random people that only want to make a quick buck. That is also the reason why you get a founder status in the upcoming Votecentral if you participate in 21+ Airdrop rounds. The devs are passionate about building a strong community and in my opinion this makes them just more trustworthy. With their skills they could easily do a fake ICO and get a whole bunch of money if their only intention was to scam people.
their skills?
They have no programmer skills, look in the github.
All was made from the community, not from dev.
They kicked also people, which were very active and there from the beginning.
The pattern is very clear, only dev and his friends are now there, very rare high rank accounts, but its not my problem.

absolutely - they basically copied and pasted from another coin - and asked loads of mugs to join in an airdrop to keep it going over a year - 40 weeks i think - after the 40th airdrop i will watch with eager anticipation to see how this unfolds.
November 22, 2017, 06:45:46 PM
Good to see this still being discussed in the least because that means we as a community are trying to figure the scams from the not scams. However I did notice also that the github was not updated and this also did worry

me a bit. Is this reason to worry or is this standard for a project of this size?

Having a closed source windows only wallet is absolutely *not* standard for a project like this. Unless it's a scam of course.

I wanted to invest a little bit, because I've heard a lot of things lately, but over the past weeks I've learned more and I'm sure I'm better off not risking it. A waste of time and money.

see your gut instinct in this game? if it sounds too good to be true..... blah blah blah
November 22, 2017, 06:41:24 PM

you are joking right?

- fluently working wallet - everyone has that including scams

- Deepvault? all i was looking for in my life was to validate documents and now deeponion can do this for me - my docx's thank you

- a fake ICO? - they didn't have to - they have people like you praising them up amongst all the other acolytes that now have to pay to be involved in the project (it was based around airdrops wasn't it?)
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
November 22, 2017, 06:25:47 PM
Good to see this still being discussed in the least because that means we as a community are trying to figure the scams from the not scams. However I did notice also that the github was not updated and this also did worry

me a bit. Is this reason to worry or is this standard for a project of this size?

Having a closed source windows only wallet is absolutely *not* standard for a project like this. Unless it's a scam of course.

I wanted to invest a little bit, because I've heard a lot of things lately, but over the past weeks I've learned more and I'm sure I'm better off not risking it. A waste of time and money.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
November 22, 2017, 05:43:50 PM
their skills?
They have no programmer skills, look in the github.
All was made from the community, not from dev.
They kicked also people, which were very active and there from the beginning.
The pattern is very clear, only dev and his friends are now there, very rare high rank accounts, but its not my problem.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 11:09:05 AM
Activity: 630
November 22, 2017, 11:00:55 AM
simply a fanatic MLM community.

Community of slaves and paid shills!
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 10:01:11 AM

i admit it they did it because of some reason,
but about scam i do not think so,
it was like a serious project,the dev and his team kicked most people in order to burn the price until the airdrop end.
which mean there'll be another major change in the future and they want to monopolize it all.
when that time comes and only some people left,
they will get a lot of profit with it because the majority people already dump their coin when they get kicked by them.
it's a shady activity but i admit it that they have a good progress in their project
I also think so, although DeepOnion is unlikely to be a hoax, but DeepOnion developers may have a shame. Any disagreeable voice will be kicked out of their community, mercilessly, is simply a fanatic MLM community.
Activity: 448
November 22, 2017, 09:47:57 AM
I decided the other day to jump in on the airdrop before i saw this thread about staking the pre-mine, started reading through the laundry list of hyping requirements, and saw the one about having 100 Onions in your wallet to participate in any airdrop...forget about it.

all these coins suck, I am new to this but I have not seen 1 airdrop actually work yet...

NEM, Byteball, Ripple, Decred. Do your homework please Smiley
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
November 22, 2017, 06:14:56 AM
if only 400 people are receiving the airdrop then surely this is a centralized currency? - the wealthy few - the trading volume is really low on the exchanges so no one is buying the tokens.

Looks like a major hold and dump at the end of the airdrop run. Prove me wrong deeponion please.

Any thoughts?
Activity: 632
Merit: 122
November 22, 2017, 06:12:04 AM

i admit it they did it because of some reason,
but about scam i do not think so,
it was like a serious project,the dev and his team kicked most people in order to burn the price until the airdrop end.
which mean there'll be another major change in the future and they want to monopolize it all.
when that time comes and only some people left,
they will get a lot of profit with it because the majority people already dump their coin when they get kicked by them.
it's a shady activity but i admit it that they have a good progress in their project
Activity: 322
November 22, 2017, 05:37:51 AM
November 22, 2017, 12:05:07 AM

Activity: 448
Merit: 265
November 21, 2017, 10:05:24 PM
lol for now every coin that born it says to be scam , so where the legit one ? even ethereum is says as scam when it drop from their ATH to below $200 lol
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
November 21, 2017, 09:35:15 PM

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
November 21, 2017, 09:27:07 PM

The newer generation have no clue what a fair launched currency is... or i should say *was.

Things changed in crypto and you noobs don't see it because you just got here.

Actually I got in cryptos in January 2014 and after some months I had left in disgust for some years after seeing that at least 90% of all the new coins where shit-scam-coins where the devs would dump their premine on the publich after a few weeks. So I would not praise the good old times too much...
Activity: 340
November 21, 2017, 09:19:43 PM
The distribution method has changed a few weeks ago and now it resembles the distribution model of many other airdropped coins. So the "blackmail" strategy: if you dump your coins you won't receive more, doesn't work any more. It was a brilliant idea, even though with controversial implications. And the dev almost managed to fuck up the project completely with his paranoia. Now that it is more open, and the price is quite stable, the project has better chances of success.

The damage is done. The project is completely centralized, less than 300 people have all the control over the whole project.
That, among other things, is why I am out. Tried to tag along for a while but in the end you only get threatened to be kicked out of the Airdrop if you so much as consider mentioning that the mods receive way too much coins. Not to mention the massive censorship going on there.

--ypsi

Yes, massive censorship and threats really suck and THIS is what actually has done all the damage. Still not correct to call it "scam" - it may become a scam in future, but it is not a real scam yet, no dumps from the devs on the public and now everybody is free to trade and the price does not collapse. Possibly, user base is growing. Cryptos is cryptos, everything can change and coins can get their own life. We'll see.
Pages:
Jump to: