Pages:
Author

Topic: Warren Buffet saids: “Stay Away From Bitcoin” - page 3. (Read 13937 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
EtherSphere - Social Games
I really think that Warren Buffet is financial genius but this doesn't mean that he is expert in everything.
Maybe he don't like revolutionary, free concept behind bitcoin, decentralization, no banks involved etc.
Don't you know old people are afraid of change? If it works don't fix it mentality. Unfortunately he does not see the financial system as broken. Being rich and famous the monetary system as it stands doesn't really affect him as the saying goes "The rich get richer and the poor gets walked all over by them."
Activity: 235
Merit: 250
He could easily buy a bunch of them and pump the shit out of the market. The fact that he chooses not to do this means he thinks the platform has no future.
Yeah, he's no dimwit, whatever else we might think of him. I own some Bitcoin, I follow it and I want it to change the world but it might not and I might lose my money. I think I'm pretty likely to. It's risky. Buffett is strongly risk-averse.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
He could easily buy a bunch of them and pump the shit out of the market. The fact that he chooses not to do this means he thinks the platform has no future.
Activity: 235
Warren Buffett has likened Bitcoin to a "check", a "way to move money around".
He is a brilliant traditional investor, but insomuch as Bitcoin is concerned he has no idea what is about to happen, or what has happened.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
Yup by saying us to stay away from Bitcoin he is diverting our mind more towards Bitcoin.
I think he is just clearing his way into Bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
I really think that Warren Buffet is financial genius but this doesn't mean that he is expert in everything.
Maybe he don't like revolutionary, free concept behind bitcoin, decentralization, no banks involved etc.
He has self admitted several times that he doesn't understand technology, that's why most of his picks aren't technology related. He's got a lot of VISA shares and made a killing tho. It's sad he cant see Bitcoin's potential.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I'm sure there have been MANY great and very successful innovative tech firms that Warren 'stayed away from'.

Was he a big shareholder early of Facebook, Google, Apple etc?

Just let him do well on industries he understands..like Coca Cola.
Activity: 593
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Yup I also completely disagree with what the OP said.
Warren buffet is clearing his way to more riches as may be he is hoarding Bitcoin in secret and don't want someone bigger to get in his way, so basically it's his strategy.
H_H
Activity: 42
Just because he has been mostly right so far, does not mean he will be right forever. He is only human and no mortal can predict the future

I disagree a few humans have accurately predicted the future

Buffet is the prophet of Omaha to many

Let's see

Nostradamus
Edgar Cayce
Cheiro

Lot's of science fiction writers

There's the guy that put out a video on youtube, drew a line over asia and said three planes would crash on the line, within months 3 planes crashed on his energy line

Same guy said he has the quake algorithm, he put up another youtube video and said 13 days after passover major historic quake killing thousands and sure enough 13 days after passover the Nepal Quake hit

Are 'prophets' always right?

No

But some sure have amazing hits

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Activity: 210
Just because he has been mostly right so far, does not mean he will be right forever. He is only human and no mortal can predict the future
Activity: 98
Warren Buffet wants to earn money the old school way.
H_H
Activity: 42
One of the high ranking family member of the 13 inbred terrorist European Bloodline "Warren Buffet" tells his fans & investors to "stay away from Bitcoin."

You can find his excuses in the following articles below:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/warren-buffet-stay-away-from-bitcoin/
http://www.forexminute.com/bitcoin/warren-buffet-oracle-omaha-suggests-investors-stay-away-bitcoin-2015-52383

Do you have any thoughts?

Warren Buffet has a ton of KLOUT in old world investing, his vast holdings probably include public and even private companies that churn btc into fiat.

We have a 50 Klout score on one of our bitcoin accounts and a top 1% expert klout rating

We say btc is no longer an 'investment hold' it's great to churn btc into fiat

Reasons we say that as KLOUT EXPERTS is

a. negative value growth 18 months
b. stress test FAILURE in our opinion of the BTC nodes

So we are bullish on using btc but no holding it

All the SM noise on btc and our bitcoin accounts all have clout and one is a major bitcoin EXPERT on Klout

lots of tech companies take btc still and almost all churn it

So it's a PAYMENT CHANNEL NOW and if you don't get caught in a day when the value is on a roller coaster it's a great payment channel now IN OUR EXPERT OPINION

If you expect btc to go to 3K from the sub 300 btc values now, no one can say it will or won't

18 month trend is btc is dead

YET IF YOU HAVE 1M value in btc, I'm sure the ceo's of Buffets companies would churn that btc into fiat to offer you whatever his empire does now

hah
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
And what about IBM? As far as I know it is a technology related company  Cool
http://fortune.com/2015/05/15/warren-buffett-ibm-investment/

Warren Buffet doesn't get technology nor does he invest in technology companies. I would be very surprised if he even handles his own emails.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
In the past, he has railed against Gold or other precious metals for many of the same reasons he criticizes Bitcoin, yet he still famous bought millions of dollars of Silver and then made a shit ton of money off of it.

so maybe all this no-sense from him is a strategy to have less competitors, and he is planning to invest a big amount for the future, secretly....

i very good and experienced investor like him should not be scared to invest in nothing, so it should strange that he is advising this...
Activity: 294
Why we must stay away from bitcoin?but, at the same time bitcoin is good investment Grin
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Here's Warren Buffet demonstrating once again why he has to be ignored when it comes to anything that has to do with technology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrSB1sLgWLE

Would you trust your grandpa in how to operate your computer? Same shit.

Nope, grandpa cant ever go near my computer. He still has a pager actually. Warren did his thing, got lucky and is a smart guy but he's a dinosaur now and on his way out. He's vies on Bitcoin hold no weight with me.

Warren got some amazing long term picks, he got so damn rich with Coca Cola alone, but that's about it. What's nonsense is his followers doing every single thing he says, even if he has no idea about technology.
Activity: 249
Warren Buffet doesn't get technology nor does he invest in technology companies. I would be very surprised if he even handles his own emails.
Activity: 378
In the past, he has railed against Gold or other precious metals for many of the same reasons he criticizes Bitcoin, yet he still famous bought millions of dollars of Silver and then made a shit ton of money off of it.
Pages:
Jump to: