Pages:
Author

Topic: Was Bitcoin actually just a Pump and Dump? - page 28. (Read 45023 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
November 02, 2014, 08:41:06 AM
Bitcoin is a pump and dump just like gold is. This says it all.

Isn't gold also getting scammed to hell with tungsten and paper gold?

I don't think he was making a case for gold being better, but bitcoin and gold are very different things and both open to manipulation. Bitcoin may be better as a currency, but gold has intrinsic physical value.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
November 02, 2014, 08:38:35 AM
Bitcoin is a pump and dump just like gold is. This says it all.

Isn't gold also getting scammed to hell with tungsten and paper gold?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 02, 2014, 08:29:07 AM
It might be.. Lets just wait.It will unravel itself soon.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
If you think you know me.. Think again
November 02, 2014, 07:25:44 AM
How you can say that & Satochi didn't even touch his coins on the first place  Shocked

agreed !

and the op said STARTED

so... guys that jumped on it after the fact and traded is not the guys who started it with as a conspiracy.. this whole logic is Fail.

Hold up. How can we be sure Satoshi didn't mine coins while he was collecting his big stash? I'm sure he mined a few 1000 which have moved around and are still active, possible in his control, moved in 2014 maybe.
Activity: 81
♔ of ♥
November 02, 2014, 05:48:13 AM
This is an open discussion, so your thoughts more than welcome.

Here is what i think that happened:

"A few people with a lot of money, a few brilliant ideas and the will to fuck everyone up in order to make loads more money came up with a great idea: let's create digital money, some bullshit about fighting banks, some japanese guy that doesn't really exist, silkroad for a bit.
Let's give this Bitcoin thing value by pumping the hell out of it, and let it drop on  a bunch of unwanted childs that dream of getting rich with this shit.
In the Meantime we will have an organized ring of scammers ( Karpelles, cryptorush, mintpal.. etc etc .. ) that will make us even richer.
We will also have another organized ring of scammers/devs that will create new coins so we can pump and dump the hell out of them to make even more and more money.
Once this shit gets regulated we will just leave with more billions and see ya"

People with a lot of money tend to do impossible things specially if that money came in illegally. I think there is a big possibility that btc was made so that those people can avoid incarceration.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
November 02, 2014, 04:28:18 AM
How you can say that & Satochi didn't even touch his coins on the first place  Shocked

agreed !

and the op said STARTED

so... guys that jumped on it after the fact and traded is not the guys who started it with as a conspiracy.. this whole logic is Fail.
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
November 02, 2014, 03:45:26 AM
 Big business is involved now... expedia, dell, tiger, overstock etc etc etc - massive money coming into it... its evolved into something else now. If it is a dump then some of the biggest, smartest, most innovative businesses and minds have fell for it... but even if they have "fallen for it", now that theyre involved it will evolve... I'm in the HOLD corner Smiley
Activity: 574
November 01, 2014, 04:26:32 PM
I'am pretty sure that satochi didn't expect that bitcoin will be a big success like this so nah .. it wasen't

I think so too.. Maybe it was just his hobby.

Perhaps he is just a Hobbit.
Activity: 67
October 31, 2014, 11:00:06 PM
I'am pretty sure that satochi didn't expect that bitcoin will be a big success like this so nah .. it wasen't

I think so too.. Maybe it was just his hobby.
Activity: 576
Merit: 503
October 31, 2014, 09:52:34 PM
Hmm, what kind of tinfoil hat do you have on today?

Heheh. It seems it's a very tight one.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
October 31, 2014, 05:37:48 PM

How do you know that some guy or old man called satoshi even has any coins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7YmJZ-qVW8

is it true if Dorian Nakamoto is Satoshi Nakamoto?
am I the only person who still not beliving it?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 31, 2014, 05:07:35 PM
Has anyone bothered to read the white paper?
Or at least skimmed the highlights in shorter, punctuated points?
The white paper looks good,
now the highlights do look like a Bank's website trying to sell you a new product. Shocked

I can see what you mean, but don't you think that irrelevant?

When easy to digest information for the laymen is most effectively communicated in such a manner, could you expect the highlighted points, despite whatever motives of the author, to look any different than as "advertised" bite size pieces?

Well, the basic design, where the early adopters got tons of Bitcoins very easily, suggests it was designed as a money-making opportunity.

No, the timely reduction of the block rewards was structured in such a way as to create a smaller potential impact that newly minted coins could make on a fixed market size. Granted, it gave privilege to very early adopters (as do all technologies), but would you really prefer reversing the algorithm so the greatest rewards were yet to be distributed in a landscape like today of very few industrialized mines?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
October 31, 2014, 04:42:23 PM
Well, the basic design, where the early adopters got tons of Bitcoins very easily, suggests it was designed as a money-making opportunity.
Activity: 574
October 31, 2014, 04:26:18 PM
Has anyone bothered to read the white paper?
Or at least skimmed the highlights in shorter, punctuated points?

Some of the discussion here ...

The white paper looks good,
now the highlights do look like a Bank's website trying to sell you a new product. Shocked
Activity: 84
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
October 31, 2014, 12:22:57 PM
I think satoshi wanted to make a blockchain to run with his friends.
Activity: 309
October 31, 2014, 10:18:33 AM
Activity: 486
Merit: 100
October 31, 2014, 10:07:10 AM
Recently i decided to agree with u
Pump and dump game
Activity: 406
October 31, 2014, 09:45:06 AM
For some I think this was true, but I don't think this is the truth for the most people. A lot of them are still holding on to their coins. I think it would be great it price was steady, it would attract more people for sure.
Activity: 378
October 31, 2014, 09:11:54 AM
Your theory requires to many people and unfortunately people are idiots therefore this cannot be a reality that remained a secret.
Pages:
Jump to: