Pages:
Author

Topic: Was Bitcoin actually just a Pump and Dump? - page 24. (Read 45023 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 29, 2014, 04:46:44 AM
one thing that really interesting of bitcoin is the pump and dump action, without this bitcoin is not interesting

Yes in right time decisions you can make tons of cash or you can loose with bad calls and decisions.
Anyway fun is this price fluctuations.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
November 29, 2014, 04:45:26 AM
We all see price goes up and down.
When small changes are made we say that is pumping and dumping.
And when is huge we say manipulating.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
November 29, 2014, 03:18:13 AM
No. If this was the case Satoshi would have dumped his coins and bought his own island by now. That's not to say he wont dump them in the future but there's always the risk.

Someone has to hoard coins to make them valuable... if the bank hoarded Camel shit... it will too become a priced object...

Imagine all those taxes on buying or having a camel... and camel food taxes and prices... Let alone the risks of having a camel as a mascot...

Camel shit would be the gold standard.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
November 28, 2014, 11:58:55 AM
Was Ripple actually just a Pump and Dump?

Until a few banks started using it, so now we know where bitcoin ( "the revolution against banks") is heading.
Activity: 434
November 28, 2014, 08:03:27 AM
one thing that really interesting of bitcoin is the pump and dump action, without this bitcoin is not interesting
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
November 27, 2014, 10:23:50 PM
Seem like this price is just that.
Just some pumping and dumping price is roughly around 400 for some time.

Dont see any mark that price will go up for some reason.

That would be the big thing that unknown factors will affect price. Bitcoin is related to volatility as are a few things.   Bitcoin is a transactional currency and its worth is related to velocity, the biggest cause for its use and worth might well be unseen.  
 A big upset in price options on various commodities and stocks registers as volatility and will shift the dollar index and bonds for example, what really might cause upset is that bonds are already expensive.  Dollar is related to strength of bond demand as such a large amount of dollar are used externally, bitcoin is related to dollar but as its own currency may be inverse to any upset to the current economic system.    This kind of logic is behind the phrase black swan and so on, the biggest change is not seen or expected by a majority but that does not make it any more unlikely
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
November 27, 2014, 10:01:46 PM
Was Ripple actually just a Pump and Dump?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
November 27, 2014, 12:06:31 PM

A few months ago, USD 600 seemed to be the average price, now it seems to be $400.
We still are a long way away from resolving the volatility issue.
November 25, 2014, 05:03:33 AM
So we are standing somewhere after the Pump but still before the Dump.

Smart people are allready selling before the last step happens.

Why sell now when u can buy maybe now and w8 for price goes up and then sell it.
I think that price is still low so it would be wise to buy not to sell.

I think price will keep going down, will wait and see.

What do you gain by saying that?  Are you trying to convince the people who aren't sure, to sell?
Are you wanting the price to go down?

Please go and get a job and forget about Bitcoin.  You won't be making any money from Bitcoin at this point, you missed the boat.

NO.
For me price is low so i will not sell maybe i will buy more and wait for some price change or hold it for next big change in price.

But in boot cases it only your or mine opinion some will hold others will sell.

legendary
November 25, 2014, 05:00:56 AM

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
November 21, 2014, 09:11:48 PM
The train is long gone for everyone, who ever didn't dump @1000 Us dollar or around there is fucked.
 Shocked
We've heard this same rhetoric. We've seen this same bubble/correction. Bitcoin will either have an extraordinary global economic impact, or deflate into nothing. Paradigm shifts have the unique characteristic of wave adoption due to the direct challenge of the inherited fundamental model. So far in Bitcoin's history, the momentum of the wave hasn't shown any reason to believe it will suddenly stop.

+1
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 21, 2014, 01:15:45 PM
The train is long gone for everyone, who ever didn't dump @1000 Us dollar or around there is fucked.
 Shocked
We've heard this same rhetoric. We've seen this same bubble/correction. Bitcoin will either have an extraordinary global economic impact, or deflate into nothing. Paradigm shifts have the unique characteristic of wave adoption due to the direct challenge of the inherited fundamental model. So far in Bitcoin's history, the momentum of the wave hasn't shown any reason to believe it will suddenly stop.
http://i.imgur.com/iZLWqc0.png
November 21, 2014, 09:46:18 AM

Why sell now when u can buy maybe now and w8 for price goes up and then sell it.

What do you gain by saying that?  Are you trying to convince the people who aren't sure, to sell?

Please go and get a job and forget about Bitcoin.  You won't be making any money from Bitcoin at this point, you missed the boat.

Shocked
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
November 21, 2014, 06:45:36 AM
I am starting to believe that your mom was a pump and dump.

Yeah and I had your mother last night.
Activity: 148
November 21, 2014, 01:35:51 AM

November 20, 2014, 09:53:53 AM

November 20, 2014, 08:45:25 AM

legendary
November 20, 2014, 08:43:53 AM
Price is based on market demands.
Also i have noticed that when something is big in world politic price is influence on that event.
Maybe is me but i think that next time price change is next year maybe.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
November 19, 2014, 10:20:40 PM
No. If this was the case Satoshi would have dumped his coins and bought his own island by now. That's not to say he wont dump them in the future but there's always the risk.

Activity: 148
November 19, 2014, 12:52:09 AM
The answer is simple, people place subjective value on things for many reasons including "because it was tuesday".  People collect all sorts of things like stamps and old coins that have no direct monetary value today, who wants an old used stamp, well in some cases they are selling for a lot of money.  Try to stop thinking of things as televisions and mobile phones, sometimes even a flower can be sold for something.  Freedom is priceless Wink

you simple anser doesn't convince me. stamps and old coins have a nostalgic value which can explain how they start to gain monetary value.

Good point, but why would we place value on something nostalgic?
Without getting too philosophical, the simple answer was really a reference to specific aspects of motivators in random chaos theory.

http://www.becauseitstuesday.com/
https://www.facebook.com/BecauseItsTuesday
"Random Acts of Kindness – Just Because It’s Tuesday"

Trying to understand "why" people do things, and why they choose to place subjective value on something, is an impossible task.  This is because people are random beings, and do random things.  Something can be given value "just because", and that is the answer.

Bitcoin represents "Freedom" of choice, and to some people that is attractive.  We tend to place value on things that are attractive.

Hope that clarifies my post Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: