Pages:
Author

Topic: was gambling board restricted from merits? - page 3. (Read 417 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
January 13, 2024, 06:02:55 PM
Just that some merit source are not even into gambling related stuffs and find it’s hard to fish out quality post and merit.
Which means some people can apply for merit source for gambling related posts. I will like to see some people make such an application.

The gambling is not even the only board getting merits source attentions even altcoin boards also suffer from this lack of merit and I can blame the merits source much because they lack the knowledge of that particular board and also spammers exploit those boards too.
Theymos knows where those merit sources are posting before choosing them. So you can not blame the merit sources. Do not forget that this is a bitcoin forum. People like CryptopreneurBrainboss applied for merit source for altcoin board in the past and theymos made him a merit source. Do not think theymos will focus on altcoin boards like the bitcoin boards, but those that are interested can still apply for merit source and indicate how they want to also focus on altcoin boards so that theymos can look into it.

You think I will be accepted just like that
After series of application pending to become merits source?
It is worth trying. A time is coming that theymos will choose new merit sources to add while some that are not active will be removed.
Activity: 616
Merit: 713
Don't joke with my Daughter
January 13, 2024, 05:59:37 PM
But as for me, I do not care. I post more on these boards but I am still able to get some merits, but mostly not from the gambling board. If you think you want to help, you can apply for merit source because of gambling board. It is likely that theymos might make you a merit source when theymos is choosing new merit sources.
You think I will be accepted just like that 😂
After series of application pending to become merits source?
Though I can't limit myself but I know there may be other members who might applied for this position so even though theymos must give it should those who had already applied before me except he has his own ways of accepting approving and pointing new merits source. I don't mind if he makes me merits source then I will look towards local and gambling board.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
January 13, 2024, 05:54:34 PM
First thing first no board Is actually restricted from receiving merits, the reason why merit is less or not giving at all to that board is because it is where the forum most spam posts are posted due to some campaign rules. That doesn’t mean you can’t merit those posts. Just that some merit source are not even into gambling related stuffs and find it’s hard to fish out quality post and merit. The Sceptical Chymist was actually accepting reviews from that board before but stopped because he isn’t into gambling stuffs and to fish out quality post from there was an issue.

The gambling is not even the only board getting merits source attentions even altcoin boards also suffer from this lack of merit and I can blame the merits source much because they lack the knowledge of that particular board and also spammers exploit those boards too.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
January 13, 2024, 05:49:59 PM
Not only gambling board but also trading discussion. Most merits source do not like boards that deals with some risks. That was what I thought about it in the past. Because gambling and trading are both risky. Even for the ones that are merit sources, probably they might think why giving merit to some posts that deals with something risky. I just do not know why gambling and trading discussion boards are like that.

Although if you take a look at some posts that are of higher qualities on both boards, they are merited. But such posts of high quality and such quality posts are not just many on gambling board.

But as for me, I do not care. I post more on these boards but I am still able to get some merits, but mostly not from the gambling board. If you think you want to help, you can apply for merit source because of gambling board. It is likely that theymos might make you a merit source when theymos is choosing new merit sources.
Activity: 45
Merit: 14
January 13, 2024, 05:44:54 PM
The gambling board is not restricted by merit; a few people still earn merit from it, but it's not common to earn merit from it. This is because it's hard to find a merit-worthy post in it as they are almost topic-repeated from time to time, and a lot of signature posters are trying to meet up with their weekly post quota, flooding the gambling board, so I don't think it's healthy to spend time there to earn a merit-worthy post.
Activity: 616
Merit: 713
Don't joke with my Daughter
January 13, 2024, 05:41:43 PM
I know this thread is not that called for but I don't know if there is any restrictions sets on the gambling board because from my view and understanding I noticed other board are free from meriting posts that are quality enough I have also gone through the gambling sections there are quality post I do finds out but I can't barely merits them because I am not a merits source neither do I have merits to spray like those who are with enough merits to send across.

Please is there anything I am yet to understand about the gambling section whereas other sections are circulating merits enough, even our Nigerian local board merits source needs to increased his allocation if not for someone who has volunteered to be sending across the locals.
Though have promised myself not to raised any topic that talks about merits maybe it seems I will have to apply as one who knows if I will accepted, and the issues here is that theymos isnt giving us enough attention that is needed. I know he is a very busy person yes I don't need to bug him because there is a lot to face on but at least he should recognized us by additionally adding one merits source to us we the Nigeria local board and the child board we the local poster will forever be grateful for that.
Pages:
Jump to: