Pages:
Author

Topic: Was just watching the big short. Why do the times suddenly feel similar? - page 4. (Read 391 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
It always is. People were talking about the same stuff 40 years ago, way before “the big short”. The talk is always the same. The interest rates are too high, the interest rates are too low, the dollar is inflating, the dollar is deflating, the housing market is going to collapse, housing is doing great, recession is coming, inflation is coming…Nothing has changed since people invented the markets.

If you read a few old books about stocks, you will see that it wasn’t any different 30-40 years ago. Before 2008 and before 2002, people used to talk about the 87 crash a lot but nobody remembers it now so it is not famous anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
The feelings you have do not have to coincide with reality, and in fact, most of the time they do not. From 2013 until now, every now and then I hear that we are going to have another crisis like 2008, and there hasn't been one, there have been small crises and then there was the exceptional case of the coronavirus that caused a crisis that we got out of quickly thanks to mass printing, but so far, nothing remotely similar to 2008.

Could it happen again? Yes, but this already sounds like the wolf's tale to me.

The only advice I can give you is to manage your finances well and accumulate bitcoin, then the crisis will affect you less or you can even take advantage of it. There were a lot of people who got rich in 2008 because they were able to buy cheap. That's what rich people do.
Activity: 1098
Merit: 534
Just watching that movie gave me such chills, my family and I lost our house we lost everything in 2008 when the housing market crashed. Honestly after living through it in the worst way you can see how I would be such an advocate for bitcoin. Many other folks didn't have to go though that, and so they don't quite understand. I couldn't hell but think how strangely similar the feeling back then how it almost feels like the same type of conditions for things to happen. I said it the other day whilst playing golf to my m8 that something big was brewing, I could just feel it. Could we be on the verge of some crazy market crashes like in 2008?
Pages:
Jump to: