Pages:
Author

Topic: Wasabi Wallet 1.0 Is Released - page 2. (Read 3914 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
September 14, 2020, 05:23:44 AM
Plebs may now mix their coins through CoinJoin/Wasabi wallet/Chaincase coordinator, https://pastebin.com/evgcRh9v

Chaincase is also developing an IOS CoinJoin app, I believe with Tor built in, https://chaincase.app/

Bitcoin privacy, and anonymity in your pocket. Cool
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
August 21, 2020, 12:17:31 PM
Very weird that a competitor would take this into public, A Statement on two discovered vulnerabilities in Wasabi Wallet.

This is currently being discussed in a separate topic.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 21, 2020, 10:58:19 AM
Very weird that a competitor would take this into public, A Statement on two discovered vulnerabilities in Wasabi Wallet.
Activity: 99
Merit: 326
July 25, 2020, 04:58:57 AM
--snip--

Maybe because their statement could be twisted, then used to attack them? Besides, silence is golden.

This. In a nutshell.

But I can elaborate though: There was some miscommunication internally. Journalists were asking for comments, but releasing articles before we get to respond, so I told the guys that next time try to respond in a more timely manner.
Then someone who's still new thought my intention with that comment was to try to get more media attention out of it as soon as possible, so he wrote and published the article, and by the time I woke up... well, you know the rest.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
July 21, 2020, 06:51:11 AM
[]

I guess they felt that there's no need to explain it further, they developed it to be use for privacy focused, not to be taken advantage of criminals, in this case the supposedly twitter hacker.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4313
🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑
July 21, 2020, 05:45:49 AM
Recently, Wasabi Wallet has released an official response to Twitter hack https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/wasabi-response-twitter-hack-bitcoin/ but shortly after that they deleted it from blog page. Archive version can be found here https://archive.is/tBm7g

Who knows the reason why they suddenly changed their minds and chose not to response whatsoever?

I mostly agree with what written in the aforementioned article. We can't blame open software for being open. We can't blame decentralized bitcoin protocol for being decentralized, neutral and permissionless. We can't blame people defending own rights, privacy, no one should ban people from using open software and open protocols. Most people using privacy-focused software such as Wasabi are not criminals, they just claim their rights on privacy and freedom of speech.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
July 01, 2020, 12:13:51 PM
Sorry but in windows 10 wasabi software i dont found the way to delete one wallet. Is important for me because in the wallet0 i dont set the pasword but i learn i dont whrote the seed neither  Sad so is a wallet useless.

Wait, did i understand you correctly that you did not wrote down your mnemonic code ?
How were you able to create your 2nd mnemonic with the password then? Or did you create a new one?

Nevertheless, make sure to have a backup of your mnemonic code for every wallet you want to use.

To delete a wallet in windows, navigate to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\WalletWasabi.
Then there is a file for each wallet: walletname.json.

Thanks a lot.
legendary
June 30, 2020, 02:42:43 PM
Sorry but in windows 10 wasabi software i dont found the way to delete one wallet. Is important for me because in the wallet0 i dont set the pasword but i learn i dont whrote the seed neither  Sad so is a wallet useless.

Wait, did i understand you correctly that you did not wrote down your mnemonic code ?
How were you able to create your 2nd mnemonic with the password then? Or did you create a new one?

Nevertheless, make sure to have a backup of your mnemonic code for every wallet you want to use.

To delete a wallet in windows, navigate to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\WalletWasabi.
Then there is a file for each wallet: walletname.json.
June 30, 2020, 12:49:31 PM
Hello i dont set pasword in wallet0 in wasabi when i created. I can set pasword now? i dont found where.

No you can not.

The password is not used to encrypt your wallet file, but to encrypt your seed (from which all private keys are derived).
Setting a password now would mean that you receive new private keys and therefore new addresses.

What you can do, is to restore a new wallet using the same mnemonic code and adding the password.
You will have a "fresh" wallet with no balance. Then you can send everything from your "old" wallet to your new wallet.

Thanks a lot.

how i can delete a old wallet? in wasabi software i dont found... Maybe if i delete files on my computer?

You could delete the wallet files directly, but there's no need to delete it on first place, unless you want to make your Wasabi Wallet looks tidy.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
June 30, 2020, 08:58:50 AM
Hello i dont set pasword in wallet0 in wasabi when i created. I can set pasword now? i dont found where.

No you can not.

The password is not used to encrypt your wallet file, but to encrypt your seed (from which all private keys are derived).
Setting a password now would mean that you receive new private keys and therefore new addresses.

What you can do, is to restore a new wallet using the same mnemonic code and adding the password.
You will have a "fresh" wallet with no balance. Then you can send everything from your "old" wallet to your new wallet.

Thanks a lot.

how i can delete a old wallet? in wasabi software i dont found... Maybe if i delete files on my computer?

You could delete the wallet files directly, but there's no need to delete it on first place, unless you want to make your Wasabi Wallet looks tidy.
June 29, 2020, 07:24:43 PM

No you can not.

Thanks a lot.

legendary
June 29, 2020, 05:25:14 PM

No you can not.

June 29, 2020, 12:40:53 PM

Thanks.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
June 28, 2020, 02:47:46 PM
It's always recommended to check twice the url link to the official site of wasabi wallet, someone did report today a fake copy of the website in the Begginers board.
Link to the thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/warning-fake-wasabi-wallet-website-5258570
Fake link:
Code:
https://wasabi-wallet.io/
Whois Record for WasabiWallet.io : https://whois.domaintools.com/wasabiwallet.io
Whois Record for the fake link: https://whois.domaintools.com/wasabi-wallet.io
DNStwister report of similar domains: DNStwister report: https://dnstwister.report/search?ed=77617361626977616c6c65742e696f
Activity: 99
Merit: 326
June 20, 2020, 09:24:08 AM
FTR this is the PR that implements compatibility with the new Trezor firmware, so in case someone is interested in the progress: https://github.com/zkSNACKs/WalletWasabi/pull/3793
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
June 16, 2020, 09:00:24 AM
You don't have to update the firmware quickly. It's okay to wait a new update where third party apps can work with the latest firmware, including Wasabi.
legendary
June 16, 2020, 07:36:46 AM
Don't use your Trezor with your Wasabi Wallet. The hardware wallet developers released a firmware update that locks your coins if used with Wasabi.
legendary
June 10, 2020, 06:50:37 AM
But the interesting part is they mentioned "Dutch FIOD has started promising technical research into behavior and demixing of Wasabi transactions", it's interesting how they achieve that (assuming it's true), would they look for another user behavior,  vulnerabilities in Tor or even vulnerability of the blind signature itself?

My guess is that a lot of users aren't careful with their post-mixing behaviour (many mistakes can be committed here, often unwittingly).

Most likely, i've seen users who ignore anonymity color (green, yellow or red) or use all inputs at once.

tl;dr Privacy tools are fantastic, but don't expect them to be useful when you want to cash out from exchanges.

Good point. The only alternative is only buy digital coupon or gift card if you want to buy something from specific store.

BISQ.

Or create good/trusting relationships with trustworthy traders in LocalBitcoins, then trade directly. Because the true potential of Bitcoin might only be attained through peer to peer trade/commerce, and the incapability of a centralized third party to censor you.
I don't think you get what I am talking about. What if I want to be able to exchange my bitcoin for fiat and I need to exchange large sums? Would you do that on BISQ? You can't because of the very low volumes they have.
Would you do that on LocalBitcoin? You can't unless you want to have to move around with tons of cash (and I bet you wouldn't find such trades).

My point is, for the sake of convenience, people would like to exchange btc for fiat in a bank because in the end we all need to live.
If you have mixed, coinjoined coins and else, very few (none) exchanges will allow you do cash out.

That's the thing: if we are talking peanuts ok, go to bisq or local bitcoin but if you are talking big money forget about that unless you have a provable source of funds.

Again tl;dr Privacy tools are fantastic, but don't expect them to be useful when you want to cash out from exchanges (large sums).

More than $100,000 large?

Large sums, attempting to cash out through exchanges, and to your bank, would require a high standard of scrutiny, with or without the use of cryptocurrency privacy tools. Your problem is with the banks, not Bitcoin and privacy tools.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
June 09, 2020, 10:20:45 AM
But the interesting part is they mentioned "Dutch FIOD has started promising technical research into behavior and demixing of Wasabi transactions", it's interesting how they achieve that (assuming it's true), would they look for another user behavior,  vulnerabilities in Tor or even vulnerability of the blind signature itself?

My guess is that a lot of users aren't careful with their post-mixing behaviour (many mistakes can be committed here, often unwittingly).

Most likely, i've seen users who ignore anonymity color (green, yellow or red) or use all inputs at once.

tl;dr Privacy tools are fantastic, but don't expect them to be useful when you want to cash out from exchanges.

Good point. The only alternative is only buy digital coupon or gift card if you want to buy something from specific store.

BISQ.

Or create good/trusting relationships with trustworthy traders in LocalBitcoins, then trade directly. Because the true potential of Bitcoin might only be attained through peer to peer trade/commerce, and the incapability of a centralized third party to censor you.
I don't think you get what I am talking about. What if I want to be able to exchange my bitcoin for fiat and I need to exchange large sums? Would you do that on BISQ? You can't because of the very low volumes they have.
Would you do that on LocalBitcoin? You can't unless you want to have to move around with tons of cash (and I bet you wouldn't find such trades).

My point is, for the sake of convenience, people would like to exchange btc for fiat in a bank because in the end we all need to live.
If you have mixed, coinjoined coins and else, very few (none) exchanges will allow you do cash out.

That's the thing: if we are talking peanuts ok, go to bisq or local bitcoin but if you are talking big money forget about that unless you have a provable source of funds.

Again tl;dr Privacy tools are fantastic, but don't expect them to be useful when you want to cash out from exchanges (large sums).
legendary
June 09, 2020, 07:12:33 AM

BISQ.

Pages:
Jump to: