Pages:
Author

Topic: Waste of resources at parents disrupting their children dreams for self interest - page 2. (Read 284 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 512
People fail to understand that a higher degree certificate or what we call in my country paper qualification doesn't guarantee success or financial prosperity. The high rate of unemployment has made university degrees worthless because many applicants are pursuing few job opportunities.

The parents of the OP are ignorant of the current trends of the world. Days are gone when you are sure of getting a job immediately after graduation that is why they should allow this young girl to pursue her passion. If they force her to pursue university degrees, they will end up wasting their money. They should know that there are successful shoemakers, fashion designers, hair stylists, gardeners, morticians, etc. Therefore, they should allow their child to go for passion and not their ambition.
Many parents just by all means want their child/children to accomplish or bring to reality the dream and life's ambition they the parent's were not fortunate or privilege to achieve in life. And this has demoralized many children in the university community because it's as though they are trying to love the life of another person and not their own desired kind of dream life, and you see them failing because the passion and keen desire is not there to thrive doggedly at all cost.

University degree or the  acquiring of a specific discipline doesn't guarantee success in today's world and this is what many parents have not come to a comprehension as they still imbibe in themselves the mentality of the nineties into this current age where technology has dynamically turned things around giving equal channel of success to all field's and handwork if only you can know how to market your talent brilliantly to the global community through the internet space.
Activity: 532
Merit: 508
What do you believe in?
Well, formal education is very important for everyone to acquire, but I don't think it's something that should be forced on a child, just let them understand the importance and they will have reasons to go through it willingly. If you allow a child to pursue their passion and goal outside of education, even when they become successful in their career, they can still acquire formal education.

There's a popular saying that "one should always acquire the right degree or skill and wait for a better opportunity to come." Sometimes,there might be a job opportunity that requires a particular degree, and if the person who has the opportunity doesn't have the required degree, they can lose that opportunity, so it is wise to have formal education even when there is no white collar job yet. I usually advise people not to attend the university and acquire degrees only because they want to get a college job. Always have plans B and C, so that if you graduate and there is no job, you can still have something you are earning from.

The girl can be studying at the university while she is also chasing her career in fashion design. She can multitask herself, or she can do a part-time program at the university.
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
A girl I know who is just 18 years old has an inborn skills of fashion and designing such as Hairstylist and the Dressmaking. This has been her dreams to make it a reality but her parents are ignorantly trying to stop her from achieving this dream instead they wants her to go to the university and acquires degree.
Now that she is being forced by her parents at what she doesn't have desires for, her obsession towards her passionate dreams would definitely not let her concentrate on her studies as she keep grumbling that she would dropout of the school somedays if her parents persists she must go to the university.
The parents reason is that they wanted all their children to be degree holders but yet the graduated ones whom had obtained their own degrees could not yet boost that the acquired degrees has offered them high graded personalities neither has they been able to secure the white collar jobs with it instead they still returns back to the streets of labour markets struggling to make better life without the requirement of degrees.
Due to the side of the World we are, if you are not surrounded with high-profile persons for recommendations then the probability of gaining a prominent job with your degree would be difficult at the range of 95% impossible.

This little girl insighted the sceneros and then decided to manage her time, utilizes every moments of it in a productive exercise, safe her parents some expenses pertaining her university expenditures at her decisions to make a different that is why she chooses to go through fashion studies to enhance and advance the skills of her dreams

So I think it would be waste of time, finances and efforts of her parents insisting that she must go through the university because she doesn't see her stars shining over there, no desires and no Passions for it at all.
And so I think she would be more utilizing, productive with a better quality and creative person if she is privileged to chase after that or dreams.
Well, op considerably times these things do transpire for a motive, from the consequence of opinion of the parents I guess education comes after everything to them, well the girl can still fully get her ambitions after her education, or she could still operate part-time schooling were she will be able to reach out to her ambitions and still study I gussied it a win-win for her and her parents.
Well, technology has made everything comfortable she could merely select an institute and operate some business courses and she can get a better knowledge of her dream fashion job.
Activity: 462
Merit: 472
Humanity, my Religion.
People fail to understand that a higher degree certificate or what we call in my country paper qualification doesn't guarantee success or financial prosperity. The high rate of unemployment has made university degrees worthless because many applicants are pursuing few job opportunities.

The parents of the OP are ignorant of the current trends of the world. Days are gone when you are sure of getting a job immediately after graduation that is why they should allow this young girl to pursue her passion. If they force her to pursue university degrees, they will end up wasting their money. They should know that there are successful shoemakers, fashion designers, hair stylists, gardeners, morticians, etc. Therefore, they should allow their child to go for passion and not their ambition.
legendary
Activity: 4186
Merit: 4385
i can understand parents wanting the best education for kids. but there should be some compromise.
it should not be a business/medical degree vs school drop out choice. it should be a compromise of a degree in fashion/design thus everyone is happy
Activity: 672
Merit: 16
Looking for guilt best look first into a mirror

Now that she is being forced by her parents at what she doesn't have desires for,

What country she's living in?
Usually you move out and lead your life.
Activity: 308
Merit: 143
A girl I know who is just 18 years old has an inborn skills of fashion and designing such as Hairstylist and the Dressmaking. This has been her dreams to make it a reality but her parents are ignorantly trying to stop her from achieving this dream instead they wants her to go to the university and acquires degree.
Now that she is being forced by her parents at what she doesn't have desires for, her obsession towards her passionate dreams would definitely not let her concentrate on her studies as she keep grumbling that she would dropout of the school somedays if her parents persists she must go to the university.
The parents reason is that they wanted all their children to be degree holders but yet the graduated ones whom had obtained their own degrees could not yet boost that the acquired degrees has offered them high graded personalities neither has they been able to secure the white collar jobs with it instead they still returns back to the streets of labour markets struggling to make better life without the requirement of degrees.
Due to the side of the World we are, if you are not surrounded with high-profile persons for recommendations then the probability of gaining a prominent job with your degree would be difficult at the range of 95% impossible.

This little girl insighted the sceneros and then decided to manage her time, utilizes every moments of it in a productive exercise, safe her parents some expenses pertaining her university expenditures at her decisions to make a different that is why she chooses to go through fashion studies to enhance and advance the skills of her dreams

So I think it would be waste of time, finances and efforts of her parents insisting that she must go through the university because she doesn't see her stars shining over there, no desires and no Passions for it at all.
And so I think she would be more utilizing, productive with a better quality and creative person if she is privileged to chase after that or dreams.
Pages:
Jump to: