Pages:
Author

Topic: Watch out for Coinbase. They robbed me. - page 2. (Read 5048 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
March 29, 2014, 01:03:07 AM
I have bought and sold coins on Coinbase more than two dozen times and the money always gets debited or credited from/to my checking account when they say it will. All of my Coinbase purchases and sales have been flawless.

I'm sure a simple explanation like "I bought X coins for Y dollars and instead they charged me Z" would bring some sympathy. Until then, many people are going to be unsympathetic.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
March 29, 2014, 12:35:48 AM
Stop slandering a respectable company.
legendary
Activity: 896
March 29, 2014, 12:01:49 AM
I have never had an issue with Coinbase so whenever I hear about issues about them, I definitely try to get as much information about them as possible. You're going to need to elaborate on this issue and most likely substantiate your issues further. Coinbase has a pretty solid record after all and have been very professional in all their manners.
legendary
Activity: 910
March 28, 2014, 11:58:00 PM
Whats wrong with coinbase?
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
http://altoidnerd.com
March 28, 2014, 11:57:52 PM
I don't want to give the specifics of my situation yet...

Without specifics, you may as well claim Santa Claus stole your coins.  Or maybe that Coinbase stole your Christmas?  Either way, without facts, this is nonsense media crapola.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
March 28, 2014, 11:53:00 PM
They robbed me as well, and no contact from support. Also, funny they collected more fees from me then I am lost from their very questionable business practices. THEY HAVE ZERO BUSINESS SENSE TREATING CUSTOMERS THIS WAY.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
March 28, 2014, 11:47:10 PM
I'm sorry but you will have to elaborate more. There are more and more Coinbase haters every day. I'm not going to argue for or against Coinbase right now. I'm just going to say that although you've interested me, you've failed to give me any reason to go close my Coinbase account. If you really are taking them to court it is understandable that you don't want to share the details yet. But if that's the case, why don't you just wait to post, or come up with some reasons to steer people away from Coinbase? If they really are doing bad business then you'd be doing a service by persuading bitcoiners not to use them.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
March 28, 2014, 11:33:38 PM
I am a big believer in Bitcoin and intend to hold for the long term, however I have another opportunity so I tried to sell a portion of my bitcoin on Coinbase recently.  I don't want to give the specifics of my situation yet, because they are in the process of giving me most of my money.  The end result is that they are stealing a few thousand dollars from me.  I have evidence and will likely take this to court.

Not only is Coinbase robbing me, but they are also robbing themselves of future business.  I'm not a bitcoin millionaire (yet) but I do have a three-digit number of coins (glad I got in when I did!).  The amount that they are robbing me of is nothing compared to the fees that they could have collected from me.

Something to keep in mind if you are thinking about using Coinbase.
Pages:
Jump to: