Author

Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING! - page 116. (Read 61979 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 119
I recently used waves. Maybe there is still much I need to understand in using waves lite.
Activity: 1589
Merit: 214
Hi developers.
Do you have a mechanism to deposit/withdraw
any coins and altcoins -> to associate waves assets?
I see here: http://dev.pywaves.org/assets/
so many MONERO assets, but don't know what is verified.
Also, I see here http://dev.pywaves.org/tickers/
is an Asset Pair (verified)
and Asset Pair (unverified)

How the asset can get verified status to be REAL associated with some ticker on DEX?
When I try to deposit EUR or USD, I see the link to coinomat services,
and bitcoin address I see also generated through coinomat function in JS code of waves lite client.

I want to ask you, do you have real computers with qt wallet or all transactions can be processed on the waves nodes?
Is it centralized or can be decentralized?
Can you do any API to generate private keys from altcoins on the nodes
to get depended address from waves address the recipient of associated asset
or can you do any option to import private keys for any altcoins in waves lite client
- to make any transactions of altcoins through waves nodes and DEX?
It will be nice if I can transfer bitcoin or MONERO, for example,
if I have imported and encrypted private key from my address in my waves lite client.
No need any asset then, but if I want to trade on DEX, I can temporary buy the tokens from waves nodes.
Also, emitent of associated tokens can be decentralized waves network, where each nodes have shares of the same tokens.
Then to deposit any altcoin client can send request of tokens and transfer coins to waves nodes or to the mass of addresses.
This addresses can have generated on each node private key depended from waves address of depositor.
All transactions can be signed by imported private key and can be retranslated through waves nodes
to altcoins blockchains for confirm. So that's all can make instant deposit/withdraw coins<->tokens on the nodes.

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Sorry for an off topic question, but i feel guys here could help me finding an answer.

Pre Q:
I have participated in everex ico, they are on ethereum, according to the roadmap there is an audit activity for smart contacts, and now they are doing that.

Q: why token creation and distribution need smart contract? Is this task on ethereum such a complected task that takes more than 2 weeks time?

A: You are on the waves thread, though your question is about Ethereum. In any case, the smart contract is needed for automatic distribution of the tokens upon payment. The old method was that you send your funds to an address, then they would manually send you your tokens or place it in a online wallet for you to access. The smart contract allows you this happen without a middleman.

The reason for the audit is so that someone cannot steal the funds or damage the process as has happened many times in the past due to poorly written contracts or other unforeseen issues. It can take up to 4 weeks in some cases and the audit is necessary when dealing with peoples funds.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot, nice for this nice explanation to my off topic Q.
and what about waves? how token creators distribute them?
do they use a middleman?
could it happen with js script by waves api?

Currently this is done manually/via script. When smart contracts are available at WAVES, of course these could be used too.
Activity: 714
Merit: 105
Sorry for an off topic question, but i feel guys here could help me finding an answer.

Pre Q:
I have participated in everex ico, they are on ethereum, according to the roadmap there is an audit activity for smart contacts, and now they are doing that.

Q: why token creation and distribution need smart contract? Is this task on ethereum such a complected task that takes more than 2 weeks time?

A: You are on the waves thread, though your question is about Ethereum. In any case, the smart contract is needed for automatic distribution of the tokens upon payment. The old method was that you send your funds to an address, then they would manually send you your tokens or place it in a online wallet for you to access. The smart contract allows you this happen without a middleman.

The reason for the audit is so that someone cannot steal the funds or damage the process as has happened many times in the past due to poorly written contracts or other unforeseen issues. It can take up to 4 weeks in some cases and the audit is necessary when dealing with peoples funds.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot, nice for this nice explanation to my off topic Q.
and what about waves? how token creators distribute them?
do they use a middleman?
could it happen with js script by waves api?
Activity: 534
Merit: 250
The Protocol for the Audience Economy

Pre Q:

Cheers.
Activity: 714
Merit: 105

Pre Q:

Activity: 476
Can waves btc getway proceed a little fast? It takes much time for btc withdraw. Hope we'll get a better service in the upcoming dex version.                                                           
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
Attention!
The company jNet1 - the first jewelry business network, conducts ICO on the platform Waves.
We already have a fully operational platform that is open to partners around the world, and now we are implementing blockchain technology as a new stage in the development of our business.
We can show that on the platform Waves it is possible to conduct a really successful ICO and create a token that will be profitable for investors, and in demand on the whole market.
We address to all participants of the Waves community with a request to support our project.

Announcement https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2159638

Bounty campaign: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bountyico-jnetcoin-jewelery-business-network-2159707
Can solidity operate on waves?

Oh dear, let's hope not. It's too complex, seen to many bugs in Solidity, killing the DAO, forcing a hardfork (ECT / ETH) and causing some big multi-signature hacks from ETH wallets.

Waves is aiming for a non-Turing complete script language, called "Sigma". It has less instructions, less complex, easier to audit, less that can go wrong.

Haha well responded.

That gives me a lot of hope. I have been going to some meetups and people are very fanatic about ETH. I keep telling them to look outside and not get caught up in the hype/crowd mentality. That there are other techs coming to the scene. They obviously didnt appreciate me saying such things and said ETH will be the one and only.

Is there somewhere to read up on Sigma? How it works etc.

Oh, I think Ethereum is great and has a great future, for certain when they implement Plasma.
But to master "Solidity" you need highly skilled coders and have to double check the code (audits) or it will (and did) end in disaster.

The Waves team hasn't disclosed much of it yet, there's too much at stake Wink

Waves-NG (october) and the new DEX (october/november) are next on the roadmap. That's where the focus is.

Waves-NG @testnet is looking very promising and the DEX teaser looks great Smiley

Oh, I think Ethereum is great and has a great future, for certain when they implement Plasma.
But to master "Solidity" you need highly skilled coders and have to double check the code (audits) or it will (and did) end in disaster.

yeh some places are charging +$20K for an audit. Anyways, yeh its a great platform to build on and has some great developers, but i still think people should keep an open mind for other options.

Waves-NG (october) and the new DEX (october/november) are next on the roadmap. That's where the focus is.

Yeh i saw some of the screenshots and details. Looks great! NG seems promising as well. I think WAVES has a lot of potential to show what can be done.

Cheers!
Activity: 994
Merit: 277

Oh dear, let's hope not. It's too complex, seen to many bugs in Solidity, killing the DAO, forcing a hardfork (ECT / ETH) and causing some big multi-signature hacks from ETH wallets.

Waves is aiming for a non-Turing complete script language, called "Sigma". It has less instructions, less complex, easier to audit, less that can go wrong.

Haha well responded.

That gives me a lot of hope. I have been going to some meetups and people are very fanatic about ETH. I keep telling them to look outside and not get caught up in the hype/crowd mentality. That there are other techs coming to the scene. They obviously didnt appreciate me saying such things and said ETH will be the one and only.

The Waves team hasn't disclosed much of it yet, there's too much at stake Wink

Waves-NG @testnet is looking very promising and the DEX teaser looks great Smiley

Haha well responded.

Someone should leave a link to this new thread on the last one which was closed down. Perhaps one of the people who last made a post?

Just would make it easier to find this one.

I don't believe you can still edit those posts.

Ah really? thats a shame. So once its been locked and closed, you can no longer edit any posts within the thread?

Never mind then Smiley
Someone should leave a link to this new thread on the last one which was closed down. Perhaps one of the people who last made a post?

I don't believe you can still edit those posts.

Activity: 476
What happened with the dex? i can't access to balance.  Huh

EDIT: everything is fine now.
Jump to: