Pages:
Author

Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING! - page 21. (Read 61979 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
Plans for more security for the lite client? 2FA or something, password alone is not secure enough imo.

2FA is mainly to make sure others can't access a public service like an exchange when your credentials are stolen / hacked.

The Waves Client code is executed locally, so attackers can only login to your wallet if your own computer is hacked / compromised.
And what good is 2FA on a compromised computer?

On other computers, they will need your seed (pass phrase) to login to your account and if they have that, your coins are lost anyway.

So in my opinion, 2FA would only offer a false sense of security.

And how could someone recover the 2FA key for you, if you lost it while on a decentralized and locally executed service?
If you lost it and you would lose your seed, you could never access your wallet again, even if you remembered the password.

Yep, 2FA is not the optimal for DEXes, something like ledger/trezor login would probably be better.

If they can integrate it with Ledger/Trezor, that would be great and would be very beneficial for many people.

On the other note, my friends are a bit feeling down due to Waves price right now. Marketing strategy for Waves are starting to ramp up (as tweeted by Sasha) but it does not reflect in its price. I just told them that this is due to BTC's crazy price action and we should be recovering very soon (hopefully)  Grin .
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
I got the message of google shutting down the chrome web store and the rest of the message of downloading the new desktop application.

Do i need to update waves now or i could still use the current waves on my computer?

If you have written down the passphrase somewhere, you can just keep on using the old Chrome client. With the passphrase (seed) you will always be able to recover your account in another client on any platform.

But maybe look at the new client at https://wavesplatform.com too, it's much better already Smiley
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
I got the message of google shutting down the chrome web store and the rest of the message of downloading the new desktop application.

Do i need to update waves now or i could still use the current waves on my computer?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
BitcoinCash (BCH) airdrop is coming next Thursday, on February 22, 2018.

If the address contains the “B”, “C” and “H” letters in the consecutive order the address receives a double payout.

It's all about the red marked word, BCH or bCh or other variations needed to be next to each other to be valid for the double payout.

It seems both Turing and I misread that ( Embarrassed ) but in the post it was stated correctly.
Activity: 117
Merit: 11
The Bitcoin Cash airdrop is here:

Got 0.15784597   BCH for about 3200 WCT

And now we can calculate the approximate ratio: 100 WCT= 0.005 BCH
As I said - do not expect a big profit.

Depends on the order of the "B", "C" and "H". It was a double amount when in the correct order.
I received 100 WCT = 0.0097 BCH

I also received ~0.168 from ~3500 WCT and had my the B C and H in correct order. although like this xxxbxxxcxxxxHxxxx, so about 100 WCT= 0.005 BCH. Did you have yours in xxxxBCHxxxx? So about 250BCH were airdropped since ~5m WCT were excluded from the airdrop. A decent amount, would be cool though if they could allocate some of the remaining BCH to a pot where WCT holders vote on proposals from community members who have ideas on how to improve the platform/brand/expansion and so on.

I have the address like xxxxxxBCHxxxxxxx and I have received the double payout.
Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
Plans for more security for the lite client? 2FA or something, password alone is not secure enough imo.

2FA is mainly to make sure others can't access a public service like an exchange when your credentials are stolen / hacked.

The Waves Client code is executed locally, so attackers can only login to your wallet if your own computer is hacked / compromised.

On other computers, they will need your seed (pass phrase) to login to your account and if they have that, your coins are lost anyway.

And how could someone recover the 2FA key for you, if you lost it while on a decentralized and locally executed service?
If you lost it and you would lose your seed, you could never access your wallet again, even if you remembered the password.

Yep, 2FA is not the optimal for DEXes, something like ledger/trezor login would probably be better.

Yes I've been waiting for this for ages too. It would give a lot more confidence, I think a lot more users would want to use the platform then.
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
I installed the new Waves wallet 1.0.0beta. Everything looks much better than at the previous version. However I am not able to get my transactions shown. There are always three twinkling dots. Everything else works find including DEX trades. Thus, it can not be on the connected node.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Depends on the order of the "B", "C" and "H". It was a double amount when in the correct order.

I also received ~0.168 from ~3500 WCT and had my the B C and H in correct order. although like this xxxbxxxcxxxxHxxxx, so about 100 WCT= 0.005 BCH. Did you have yours in xxxxBCHxxxx? So about 250BCH were airdropped since ~5m WCT were excluded from the airdrop. A decent amount, would be cool though if they could allocate some of the remaining BCH to a pot where WCT holders vote on proposals from community members who have ideas on how to improve the platform/brand/expansion and so on.
Activity: 159
Merit: 10

i have 10 wct and get 0.00048506 and not double for my address i have B , C , H in my address
3PDyEv72CB85DNQGhNieyo9PwBikcXuRh7a
Activity: 994
Merit: 277

When will the next BitcoinCash airdrop happen?  I propose to airdrop to only wallets with letters "B", "I", "T", "C", "O", "N". Smiley

Waves addresses don't contain a capital "i" Wink

The case of letters doesn’t matter. Smiley
When will the next BitcoinCash airdrop happen?  I propose to airdrop to only wallets with letters "B", "I", "T", "C", "O", "N". Smiley

Waves addresses don't contain a capital "i" Wink
When will the next BitcoinCash airdrop happen?  I propose to airdrop to only wallets with letters "B", "I", "T", "C", "O", "N". If the address contains the "B", "I", "T", "C", "O", "I", "N" letters in the consecutive order the address receives a double payout. Smiley
Activity: 394
Merit: 117

Google is shutting down its Chrome Web Store. Save your secret phrase (SEED) and start using our new desktop application. Download it from the official Waves site wavesplatform.com, or use the web client beta.wavesplatform.com

this you see when you sign in on chromewallet ......Huh

It's true that Google is shutting down the Chrome Web Store. That has been announced about 6 months ago.

6 months.... this is crypto were living on minutes....... Roll Eyes

is there an reason for shutting it down on chrome?

Google is shutting down the Chrome Web Store, it's not in our hands.

But the Chrome Application is the old version anyway, Waves has a new, much better client for over 2 months now.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

Google is shutting down its Chrome Web Store. Save your secret phrase (SEED) and start using our new desktop application. Download it from the official Waves site wavesplatform.com, or use the web client beta.wavesplatform.com

It's true that Google is shutting down the Chrome Web Store. That has been announced about 6 months ago.

6 months.... this is crypto were living on minutes....... Roll Eyes

is there an reason for shutting it down on chrome?

Waves already released new wallets:

The web wallet can be found on:

- https://beta.wavesplatform.com

The local client / wallets can be found on:

- https://wavesplatform.com
- iOS App Store (for Apple smartphones)
- Google Play Store (for Android smartphones)

The warning you receive in the Chrome application is because some people haven't written down their pass phrase (seed) and could lose their coins when the Chrome App is no longer available.

So, always keep a copy of your pass phrase and you're safe.

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502
is this the reason of price falling down Huh?

Pages:
Jump to: