Pages:
Author

Topic: We accept Bitcoins [moved to bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade] - page 19. (Read 212503 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 104
Are you verifying their information before you issue the certificate? Or are you just signing anything that somebody gives you 100BC for?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
I started this little project, no serious thing, I don't even have an automated payment method (lack of knowledge).
The thing is, you pay a fee and receive a digital certificate that is cryptographically signed. The certificate contains data such as e-mail or website (this could be nice to build a web of trust among bitcoin service providers).
If people want to be anonymous the can have registered only their bitcoin address and the certificarte will act more like a souvenir (for whoever wan't to have the first certificate)

I know it's not the brightest idea but please don't be harsh, It's my first website project and I don't want to close it (yet).

http://bitcoincertify.webhop.biz
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
laszlo, OK thanks I will check the web form now and send you a PM.

Update: I have the details of your exchange request and will email you to complete the exchange.

Please see this forum topic https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinfx-independent-lr-exchange-155 which explains the delay.
Activity: 199
Merit: 2072
BitcoinFX, I requested an exchange, however the 'Your Bitcoin address' field would not accept a bitcoin address - it would only let me continue if I put an email address in there.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
Good News. After much delay my BitcoinFX Exchange is now funded with $50 LR.

I have also set-up a Micro Forex Trading account, which is funded with Liberty Reserve, I will be adding 50% of any monthly profits to the LR exchange balance as I go along. So, I should always have some available USD LR. Cool

Please add that I now buy and sell Bitcoins for Liberty Reserve on the Trade page.

Thank you.

P.S. We are all getting there Bit by Bit Wink
founder
Activity: 364
Merit: 6723
Can I just butt in with a question on why that is? To me it seems that if Bitcoin uses public-key cryptography to transfer ownership of the coins, it should be a trivial matter to include a short message that is only readable by the recipient.
Almost but not quite.  Bitcoin uses EC-DSA, which can only do digital signing, not encryption.  RSA can do both, but I didn't use it because it's an order of magnitude bigger and would have been impractical.
You can create new addresses all you want.. the way most people are doing this is they generate a new address for the user and display it to them.  When payment is received to that address it credits the user.  You can just generate a new address for each transaction, like a transaction ID essentially.  Link2VOIP automated it all and some others have as well, simply by using the built in JSON-RPC functionality.

Satoshi would have to address the other questions about including messages..
Activity: 184
Merit: 103
Hmm - is there any text field associated with an address based transaction? It does make accepting Bitcoins a bit more cumbersome. Would including such a text field as part of the protocol compromise anonymity somehow?

Hypothetically, a short text message could be encoded into transactions by charging, say, 2000-2000.999999 Bitcoins and encoding the text portion in the fractional part of the amount.

Or does that solve a problem that doesn't exist?

Is there already a protocol in place to say "make me a new address to send BTC to" ?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Can I just butt in with a question on why that is? To me it seems that if Bitcoin uses public-key cryptography to transfer ownership of the coins, it should be a trivial matter to include a short message that is only readable by the recipient.
Teppy, just so you know, you can't include a message if you send to a bitcoin address, only if you send to an IP address.  The way we usually do it is we issue a new address to each person we ask to send us money so that we know it was that person who sent it.
Activity: 184
Merit: 103
I run the MMO A Tale in the Desert. We charge $13.95/month for the game, and pay about $0.74 in merchant and gateway fees.

We'll now accept Bitcoins as an alternate payment method. The price per month is 2000 BTC, which according to the exchange is a discount right now.

Instructions:
Visit http://www.atitd.com and download the game client. Native Windows, Linux and OSX versions are available.
Install + Run the client, and create a trial character.
If you like the game, send 2000 BTC to: 17CJvRrNdqSPN3Zs2dWfNY6GoCiMRfNG2T to activate your account.
In the message field, include your character name and shard; I'll then credit you for a month of gameplay.
Right now this is done manually, so the lag could be anywhere from minutes to the next morning.

Teppy
Activity: 490
Merit: 509
My avatar pic says it all
Haha! I actually have some of my elderly family members using MBC now. Tongue

Maybe mum should get 9,000 coins for Mother's day! Cheesy

Hmm.. looks like MBC has PGP-signed email payment notifications. Also looks like they don't require the email address to signup. Maybe they read this forum?

Hey! *waves @ MBC's owners* Sign up and tell us your plans! Tongue
Activity: 252
Merit: 268
I just added a second line to my graphs showing the closing price of bitcoins at the Bitcoin Market.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Yes, there is a transaction history.

I was always planning an address book. I just wanted to break up the interface into multiple pages first.

I will also add the ability you request for creating new (and multiple) addresses.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions madhatter2!
I signed up for a vekja free Bitcoin account. Very nice. It is very simple. Almost too simple for my tastes tho. :/ I mean, I'm sure it works as expected but the interface is really lacking features.

MyBitcoin has some nice stuff like payment history, the ability to change your Bitcoin address (which I totally need btw), some basic statistics, and an addressbook (very handy; try typing in a long ugly Bitcoin address from a Blackberry or iPhone -- no thanks).

The need for an email address mystifies me also. I wonder why they require that. Service announcements?

Edit: I see a transaction history page. I must have scrolled right past it. The interface is all on one page??

Edit 2: Looks like MyBitcoin can do payment notes too (I wonder if/how this works to/from Bitcoin and MyBitcoin).
Activity: 14
I would like to point out then that http://vekja.net has always provided a Free web based Bitcoin account even better than the mybitcoin service mentioned above (in addition to the non-free Email and Web service that I announced earlier).

I should have announced this separately before, as there is such great value in a Bitcoin Web App. The value is not just for Grandpa, but is also for anyone who wants to use Bitcoin on a mobile device (or any platform where there is no client yet available).

If you haven't done so already, please come check out the https://Vekja.net Bitcoin web app. Registration is free and does not require an email like the mybitcoin service currently does.

If you have any questions or suggestions, just use the built in messaging system to send a message to admin. I will be glad to help.

For the record: I hereby promise that the Vekna.net Bitcoin account will always remain free (that includes spam free). This was always my intent from the beginning.
That mybc thing is nice for non-geeks. I signed up last night to try it out. This is something I can setup for my 'ol pappy and he'd be able to actually use it. Tongue
Activity: 1
hello

i found these urls while surfing on i2p:

mybitcoin.i2p (resolves to nwpqc65o333ifqq7wqovo2ito5y3ca6rfygz3p6pusau26t6tpca.b32.i2p)
xqzfakpeuvrobvpj.onion (on tor. they advertise this url in the login area)
mybitcoin.com (loads the same site from the public internet. they use cacert for ssl.)

(some sort of web-based wallet for bitcoin)

privacyshark.com

(sells domain names for bitcoins)

Activity: 429
Merit: 974
Vekja.net Presents a Bitcoin Exclusive:

Awesome! I'll add a "Trade" page on the bitcoin.org main site, where we can list btc-accepting services.
Pages:
Jump to: