Pages:
Author

Topic: We already live in an AnCap world - page 3. (Read 3161 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
December 18, 2012, 01:32:07 PM
Fixed that for ya.
Corporations and governments are the same thing. The line you draw between them exists just in your mind.

Actually, only in your mind. Because this line you speak of? It is not in my mind.

You seem to assume AnCap would be run by corporations. You are wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
December 18, 2012, 01:28:31 PM
Fixed that for ya.
Corporations and governments are the same thing. The line you draw between them exists just in your mind.
December 18, 2012, 01:25:39 PM
No, just sad and disappointed that this old turd is getting trotted out again.
Massive corporations evolve into require governments.

Fixed that for ya.

And Dalkore, I'm sure your great-great grandpa would be very saddened to hear that you're of the opinion that people need to be forced to do what's good for 'em.
legendary
1davout
December 18, 2012, 01:05:19 PM
Massive corporations evolve into governments.
AnCap has already happened, and it failed.
Most people don't want to be free.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
December 18, 2012, 01:04:08 PM
Myrkul is under the impression that we can have totally voluntary societies that have voluntary governments which will be run effectively with all private 3rd party services.

I am under the impression that you do need some form of coercion to get a large body of people to do what is in their best interest but only so far that they are not infringing on the people around them and that certain services must be provide through some collective institution that is not private but public and is mandatory.   

I say mandatory because people have a habit of putting things off until you needed them yesterday (procrastination).  I also believe these services are few and that power should existing regionally with very limited push to a body that handles large areas like a nation.  Basic Human Rights, Rule of Law, Precedent, Free Speech, Dissent and innocence before guilt are also key.  Also I would only allow corporation for limited periods of time and not extend limited liability to board members or officers (shareholders yes).

December 18, 2012, 12:48:09 PM
My new book "Trollitics" is about to hit the shelves, let me treat you to the first chapter "We already live in an AnCap world".

It's already being run by corporations that have their own private laws, their own private armies, their own private property.
You just call them "governments".
U mad ancaps?

But seriously, u mad ancaps?
legendary
1davout
December 18, 2012, 12:43:52 PM
My new book "Trollitics" is about to hit the shelves, let me treat you to the first chapter "We already live in an AnCap world".

It's already being run by corporations that have their own private laws, their own private armies, their own private property.
You just call them "governments".
U mad ancaps?

But seriously, u mad ancaps?
Pages:
Jump to: