Pages:
Author

Topic: We as a community must boycott Coinmarketcap.com - page 3. (Read 658 times)

Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
I didn't see the site performing below standard. Except for few things which are almost same in other sites.

I would have to agree. The fact that they don't take into account coins yet to be introduced into the circulating supply.

I just hope that this is possible, if that could be done so monitoring of coin before they enter cmc will be nice.
Activity: 924
Merit: 512
https://medium.com/@coinmarketcapped/intro-how-coinmarketcap-cmc-manipulates-the-market-by-showing-fraudulent-information-to-the-c1246a953144

after reading this article i think we as a community need to boycott cmc. they control the narrative for so many coins and the market is totally oblivious. its easy for them to update 'inaccurate information' at a convenient time to boost the marketcap of the coin. this is incredibly sketchy!! they are probably insider trading.

the fact that we all use coinmarketcap as our de facto standard for marketcap metric is not healthy in the market for one organization to hold this much power. what about a blockchain solution for ranking system for all blockchain projects?! see audit of all coins..

there's so many other sites
onchainfx
coinloop
spirai
cryptowatch
even BINANCE has their own repo of marketcaps individually calculated and updated according to their information.

don't even get me started on why we should total supply (not circulating) to calculate marketcap. what do u think? is coinmarketcap legit?

There is no valid reason you guys are saying here to boycott the CMC. From the starting time to now. No one reason or problem has been done with any people. I do not know these shared websites are legit or not.
But I believe this website is always for any new cryptocurrency investors.
People really wanna use the best site find the top cois in the market. Except this nothing works better mate.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
Boycott it if you like, it's up to you.  Never used it myself and it escapes me why people put so much stock in a coin's market cap.  Even in the stock market it's a metric that doesn't get obsessed over like crypto people do.  For any given coin it's a value that's going to change wildly with price.

The price of a coin, in my opinion, is all you need to know about any crypto.  The price reflects demand, and the only thing that moves a coin price is supply and demand. 

If the allegation is that coinmarketcap is manipulating data (or even markets), make a formal scam accusation.  This would not be shocking, though.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
I would have to agree. The fact that they don't take into account coins yet to be introduced into the circulating supply when calculation overall market cap created a really twisted view on the market. Its also very misleading for new retail investors that have yet to do the research into how market cap is calculated. There is something to be said for learning the hard way but I think 'best practices' need to be introduced for the space to grow
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
https://medium.com/@coinmarketcapped/intro-how-coinmarketcap-cmc-manipulates-the-market-by-showing-fraudulent-information-to-the-c1246a953144

after reading this article i think we as a community need to boycott cmc. they control the narrative for so many coins and the market is totally oblivious. its easy for them to update 'inaccurate information' at a convenient time to boost the marketcap of the coin. this is incredibly sketchy!! they are probably insider trading.

the fact that we all use coinmarketcap as our de facto standard for marketcap metric is not healthy in the market for one organization to hold this much power. what about a blockchain solution for ranking system for all blockchain projects?! see audit of all coins..

there's so many other sites
onchainfx
coinloop
spirai
cryptowatch
even BINANCE has their own repo of marketcaps individually calculated and updated according to their information.

don't even get me started on why we should total supply (not circulating) to calculate marketcap. what do u think? is coinmarketcap legit?
Pages:
Jump to: