Pages:
Author

Topic: We have Subforums! - page 4. (Read 7520 times)

Activity: 724
Merit: 500
January 02, 2014, 08:12:13 AM
Pools should go to Mining, otherwise the Announcement thread will be even more cluttered!
efx
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 02, 2014, 07:53:18 AM
I agree,

A dedicated giveaway section in particular would be the most useful since those threads tend to be short lived by nature.

However, it sounds like keeping the sub sections to three is pretty strongly preferred for now. Perhaps the section that would otherwise get the least traffic would be able to absorb

the giveaway threads without too much trouble?
Activity: 308
January 02, 2014, 07:50:18 AM
Awesome job!!!

Give-away section and pool section would be even better though  Cool
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
January 02, 2014, 07:07:23 AM
+1 vote for giveaway section! We have 11 giveaways in first page now, for example
Activity: 837
Merit: 1000
January 02, 2014, 06:49:47 AM
Giveaway sub-forum will be nice as well 
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
January 02, 2014, 06:48:20 AM
Is it possible for someone to move his threads? If yes how?

Edit: Yes you can if you go down of the page of your thread it says move topic
Activity: 532
January 02, 2014, 06:36:30 AM
First of all - thank you, thank you very much for doing this!

Personally, I'm for putting pool announcements in the Mining subforum.  I'd like to keep the Announcements section for new coins only, discussion about these coins can be continued in the original threads for them.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 02, 2014, 06:16:43 AM
Activity: 658
January 02, 2014, 06:10:11 AM
Thank you, this is helpful!

Happy New Year !
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 02, 2014, 05:45:30 AM
Excellent to see!

To answer the question from the OP: Pool Announcement threads make more sense in the Mining subforum as far as I'm concerned.

Where are giveaway threads meant to go? In the OP you said there wouldn't be a subforum for them, but they seem to contribute the most clutter of anything and they don't seem to clearly fit in any of the added subforums.
Activity: 798
www.DonateMedia.org
January 02, 2014, 05:31:13 AM
Thank you salty, this needed to happen badly
legendary
Activity: 1876
January 02, 2014, 05:14:11 AM
Be much smarter to filter out all the scamcoins, that would clear the clutter.
Unfortunately what was frowned on in making alts only a few months ago has become common practice Sad
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
January 02, 2014, 05:09:45 AM
Excellent! That will make reading the forums a LOT easier.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
January 02, 2014, 03:59:24 AM
So is there a distinct place to discuss the pools?  You have a few major pools, wemineltc, middlecoin, multipool, hashco.ws and soon to be pool.warz. To me they belong under Alternate cryptocurrencies/mining but in a new sub category maybe called "pools"

If you want further delineation, give each major pool their own sub (once they have qualified though post counts related to their pool). This would keep the main forums form becoming too messy.

Just a thought...

We will have to wait another few years for more subforums, the goal is to make use of what we have.

I'm seriously thinking that Pools should go to Announcements for these reasons:

First, pools could be construed as a service, which does go to Announcements

Second, if you see the pool threads, they say [ANN] Insert Pool. That is generally a good indicator that Announcements is a good place for them

Third, as I mentioned before, the Announcements section should be far more static and not difficult to manually find things. People looking for mining help shouldn't be wading through pool announcements as well.

I kind of picture Mining as being about Mining Discussion, Speculation, Questions, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
January 02, 2014, 03:57:56 AM
Amazing news! Thank you!
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
January 02, 2014, 03:56:26 AM
So is there a distinct place to discuss the pools?  You have a few major pools, wemineltc, middlecoin, multipool, hashco.ws and soon to be pool.warz. To me they belong under Alternate cryptocurrencies/mining but in a new sub category maybe called "pools"

If you want further delineation, give each major pool their own sub (once they have qualified though post counts related to their pool). This would keep the main forums form becoming too messy.

Just a thought...

legendary
January 02, 2014, 03:50:22 AM
So should older coins also be keeping their main threads in announcements?

Also, thinking about this again, I will move threads to their appropriate places, but only the ones on the first few pages (I'm aware that older threads will come forward as I do)

This way the older inactive coins and threads can just be left where they are, and the newer active and still valid ones will be moved to their appropriate spots. And I will continue to move active threads as they pop up until all thats left is new general discussion, and the old inactive threads are burried.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 02, 2014, 03:49:10 AM
Realdon and Dweeb, opinions noted.

..*Snip
*Edit*
I like the idea actually. Have the official announcement thread for important messages from the devs, and then a general discussion thread for regular happenings. Noted  Smiley
..*snip

thank you for the effort
about time for things to get sorted around here
i do like that idea too.
legendary
January 02, 2014, 03:47:26 AM
Some pretty good ideas here all 'round. The only possibly complication I can see is that the announcement thread will have only information that dev wants to include. All the criticisms (for better or worse) will be separated from the potentially harmful data or misrepresented coin.

Maybe the separation isn't actually very important or I could also easily be misunderstanding the idea.

Another good point, I say we should continue to allow general coin discussion inside of a coin's announcement thread.
efx
Activity: 378
January 02, 2014, 03:45:00 AM
Realdon and Dweeb, opinions noted.

My main concern is clutter. I see Mining as being a place for people to go and actively search for answers to their mining problems, or find information about mining hardware, and my first though is that pool announcements aren't one of those things that would be too difficult to find in any section, so by having them in announcements, its doesn't clutter up slightly more urgent matters.

If Announcements consisted of Coin Announcements and Pool Announcements, the first and second pages should contain all of the current hip and happening coins, and their respective pools.

I'm leaning slightly toward Announcements myself, but of course I value your opinions.

*Edit*

I like the idea actually. Have the official announcement thread for important messages from the devs, and then a general discussion thread for regular happenings. Noted  Smiley

Maybe a coin's announcement thread should be locked, so ONLY announcements can be posted to it, and it can have on the first page a link to a discussion thread where people can respond to the announcements and discuss them and so on?

Or heck, each time the admin posts an announcement to the coins' announcement there they could also create a discussion thread for discussing that specific announcement?

-MarkM-

Some pretty good ideas here all 'round. The only possibly complication I can see is that the announcement thread will have only information that dev wants to include. All the criticisms (for better or worse) will be separated from the potentially harmful data or misrepresented coin.

Maybe the separation isn't actually very important or I could also easily be misunderstanding the idea.
Pages:
Jump to: