Pages:
Author

Topic: We have Subforums! - page 5. (Read 7520 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
January 02, 2014, 03:38:32 AM
Realdon and Dweeb, opinions noted.

My main concern is clutter. I see Mining as being a place for people to go and actively search for answers to their mining problems, or find information about mining hardware, and my first though is that pool announcements aren't one of those things that would be too difficult to find in any section, so by having them in announcements, its doesn't clutter up slightly more urgent matters.

If Announcements consisted of Coin Announcements and Pool Announcements, the first and second pages should contain all of the current hip and happening coins, and their respective pools.

I'm leaning slightly toward Announcements myself, but of course I value your opinions.

*Edit*

I like the idea actually. Have the official announcement thread for important messages from the devs, and then a general discussion thread for regular happenings. Noted  Smiley

Maybe a coin's announcement thread should be locked, so ONLY announcements can be posted to it, and it can have on the first page a link to a discussion thread where people can respond to the announcements and discuss them and so on?

Or heck, each time the admin posts an announcement to the coins' announcement there they could also create a discussion thread for discussing that specific announcement?

-MarkM-

*Edit again* On second thought, that might lead up to too many threads being created. I think the current general discussion within the coin announcement thread works fine, the Coin Developer can always edit the OP so all important information is consolidated on that post.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
January 02, 2014, 03:37:49 AM
Maybe a coin's announcement thread should be locked, so ONLY announcements can be posted to it, and it can have on the first page a link to a discussion thread where people can respond to the announcements and discuss them and so on?

Or heck, each time the admin posts an announcement to the coins' announcement there they could also create a discussion thread for discussing that specific announcement?

-MarkM-
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
January 02, 2014, 03:31:07 AM
Be it the persistance of the community, or my own OCD that made me bug Theymos until we had some sort of organization system, we now have Subforums! Everyone be sure to thank Theymos (even if just in your head because he probably wouldn't be happy about recieving thousands of PMs)

We now have Announcements, which will be used for New Coin Announcements as well as Service announcements.

Mining, which will be for all things mining, technical help, etc.

and Marketplace which is for buying/selling things for Alt Coins.

The top level board that is just general "Alternate Currencies" which you are in now if you are reading this sticky, will be used for General Discussion, Fud, etc.

We thought it was impossible to get subforums, and we managed! If theres one thing to take away from this, its please don't ask for any more. We will make do with what we have and be damn happy!
(*future prediction here* within a few pages, we will have people asking for Giveaways section, and others*) NO

We will have to develop general guidelines for what sections to use for each senario, as well as , which is what will be posted in this thread when we have figured them out.

Grin

Question Number 1 for Everyone, please feel free to answer in this thread or Pm me with your thoughts

Should Pool Announcement threads go in Announcements or Mining?

I initially thought that they would go in Announcements, and that Mining would be for Mining related discussion and support, but I also see them fitting in Mining. Let me know what is on your minds.

you sir are a legend !! xD

personally I think pools in mining
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
January 02, 2014, 03:30:36 AM
Ty salty and congratulations on GM  Smiley

Thanks honkey

Also, question just posed itself and I'd like to hear your opinions.

I initially thought that they would go in Announcements, and that Mining would be for Mining related discussion and support, but I also see them fitting in Mining. Let me know what is on your minds.
I'd say mining. I think announcements should generally be for new coins instead of pools. We already have enough pool spam on here. They don't need even more exposure.
legendary
January 02, 2014, 03:28:47 AM
Ty salty and congratulations on GM  Smiley

Thanks honkey

Also, question just posed itself and I'd like to hear your opinions.

efx
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 02, 2014, 03:26:59 AM
Ty salty and congratulations on GM  Smiley

edit*

Mmm I'll say pools in the mining section.  
legendary
January 02, 2014, 03:21:22 AM
Is it possible to move the current threads to the appropriate subsections? I don't expect a mod to do it, as that would take forever, but can the post starters do it somehow? Alternatively, have the coin creators make new 'official' threads in the announcements section and lock the old threads.

Thank you SaltySpitoon and Theymos!

Yes, people are able to move their own threads to the correct sections, which I do encourage them to do. If you don't know where to move your thread, please ask me as it will help to establish the standard in what topics go where. I'll also move what I see when I have time.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
January 02, 2014, 03:17:04 AM
Is it possible to move the current threads to the appropriate subsections? I don't expect a mod to do it, as that would take forever, but can the post starters do it somehow? Alternatively, have the coin creators make new 'official' threads in the announcements section and lock the old threads.

Thank you SaltySpitoon and Theymos!

legendary
January 02, 2014, 03:16:30 AM
So should older coins also be keeping their main threads in announcements?

I was just thinking about that. I might take on the endevor to move them, however it will be a slow process as I don't have 500 hours to spend in one sitting toward moving everything.
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 02, 2014, 03:15:22 AM
So should older coins also be keeping their main threads in announcements?
Activity: 28
January 02, 2014, 03:15:02 AM
Yeah, the forum will become clear soon Smiley
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
January 02, 2014, 03:11:40 AM
Great news everyone! Thank you Theymos.

This should help in making the alt section more legible. Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 02, 2014, 03:11:11 AM
very good!!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 02, 2014, 03:10:36 AM
Nice! good work!
Activity: 55
January 02, 2014, 03:08:14 AM
Awesome! It's about time.  Wink

This will definitely help with the clutter.
legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024
January 02, 2014, 03:08:06 AM
Cool, maybe the opinion of the powers that be are changing toward Alts.

~BCX~
legendary
January 02, 2014, 03:07:25 AM
Be it the persistance of the community, or my own OCD that made me bug Theymos until we had some sort of organization system, we now have Subforums! Everyone be sure to thank Theymos (even if just in your head because he probably wouldn't be happy about recieving thousands of PMs)

We now have Announcements, which will be used for New Coin Announcements as well as Service announcements.

Mining, which will be for all things mining, technical help, etc.

and Marketplace which is for buying/selling things for Alt Coins.

The top level board that is just general "Alternate Currencies" which you are in now if you are reading this sticky, will be used for General Discussion, Fud, etc.

We thought it was impossible to get subforums, and we managed! If theres one thing to take away from this, its please don't ask for any more. We will make do with what we have and be damn happy!
(*future prediction here* within a few pages, we will have people asking for Giveaways section, and others*) NO

We will have to develop general guidelines for what sections to use for each senario, as well as , which is what will be posted in this thread when we have figured them out.

Grin
Pages:
Jump to: