Pages:
Author

Topic: Well, I just got scammed - page 19. (Read 3032 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 100
June 29, 2018, 06:03:02 PM
I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.

Wow, sorry dude. This is one i have never heard of so thanks for the warning. Someone is trying to scam me as well by joining the same bounty as me and using a different eth wallet address! Lucky i noticed it, just alerted the bounty manager who will hopefully resolve it. Be careful everyone!
Activity: 331
Merit: 13
June 29, 2018, 06:00:33 PM
Sorry for the loss. Many projects remind potential investors to bookmark their ICO website in order to guard against this. But there are many ways scammers can get at the investors. How did this happen? Were you sent an email asking you to participate in the presale, or you visited a phishing site. I'd like to know how it happened so as to guard against such.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
June 29, 2018, 05:58:59 PM
Wow. That is about $2k plus. My apologies bro. But where did you get the telegram link or was the official telegram hacked? I think it is safe to follow the telegram address on the project website or official bitcointalk account to prevent future re-occurence. My apologies once again
Activity: 28
June 29, 2018, 05:50:07 PM
so do not be fooled by unknown companies I can advise you where you will not be deceived by Socratus
Activity: 574
Merit: 267
" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "
June 29, 2018, 05:47:40 PM
I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

It was a huge amount , I think it was not easy to forget it. In fact I already get scammed before during that time I dont know what to do to recover it. They also said to send some amount then when I already made the tansaction they didnt reply anymore. We all learn from our past experiences and others experience to be careful always.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
June 29, 2018, 05:32:12 PM
Sorry to hear that, yes, you have to be careful when it comes to transferring money. Unfortunately, with the increase of ICOs popularity more and more scams are emerging. A lot of people lost money during TON ICO, for instance (old news, but still): https://www.coindesk.com/fake-website-scam-targets-aspiring-telegram-ico-investors/
So where did you find that link anyway? Did the official Iagon give you the wrong link, or you just found it somewhere else?
Activity: 191
Merit: 10
June 29, 2018, 05:20:56 PM
very pity once you bro, thank you for your lesson I will be more careful in following the project hopefully eth you back again bro 5eth it pretty much, it must be very sad once Sad
Activity: 73
June 29, 2018, 05:14:37 PM

That does suck. Sorry for the loss. I know people who lost 20-30 BTC for the peep coin too. It was like 3 days ago. Crypto world is definitely not a game for new comers. Read more, learn more
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
June 29, 2018, 05:11:30 PM
Cryptoworld is a real jungle.
Before to send money somewhere, check, check, and recheck anything: at any corner there is a scammer.
Sorry for you, bro.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
June 29, 2018, 05:06:19 PM
Well, it feel so sad to imagine that you got been scammed by other people out there. It will serve as a lesson for you to secure your funds out of using cryptocurrencies and avoid signing in your information in some pishing exchanges sites. Be aware and be careful always. Wink
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
June 29, 2018, 05:06:05 PM

Comrades, don't you have any suspicions when you are asked to transfer money? Is it serious? Is it really that bad? It's time to stop doing this nonsense.
Activity: 134
June 29, 2018, 05:05:41 PM
And why did you send money to someone on the details that were specified in the Telegram chat? Usually all the requisites and instructions are written on the official website of the project.
Activity: 75
June 29, 2018, 05:02:46 PM

Oh, crap, that is a lot of money. I am sorry you got fooled, it is very easy to confuse the group. Normally they will not ask you to send ether just like that but...
Activity: 174
June 29, 2018, 05:01:16 PM
I am very concerned about what you have experienced right now, if you want to invest on ico I suggest to follow the instructions on the website and do not buy coins through any channels because it is just trying to deceive you, I hope this will be an experience for you and will not happen again
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
June 29, 2018, 04:53:31 PM
I join the good people here to say sorry for the loss. That is quite some etheruem and when converted to dollars is like $2,000 buzz. We need to be more careful..
Activity: 518
Merit: 185
June 29, 2018, 04:51:04 PM

It's sad. This kind of fraud has increased a lot. You need to be very careful. These fraudulent events cause great damage to the market. You can compensate for loss of hope in another way.
Activity: 294
June 29, 2018, 04:47:19 PM
This is reckless on your part, how can you invest in a company with huge amount of 5 Ether , amounting to about 2500 USD without any due diligence. You should have asked questions, on the telegram group, visit the website and contact them from there. Even the announcement thread can offer you more info.

Thanks, I now know that.  I had done due diligence on the company and the investment.  I should have been more careful with telegram.  I'm posting this more as a PSA than anything else.  I wouldn't have made the investment if I wasn't prepared to lose it -- I just didn't expect to lose it so quickly.
Merit: 106
June 29, 2018, 04:43:16 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, lately there are a lot of scammers. Please double-check all references several times, or work directly with project managers via telegram.
Activity: 143
June 29, 2018, 04:37:06 PM
This is reckless on your part, how can you invest in a company with huge amount of 5 Ether , amounting to about 2500 USD without any due diligence. You should have asked questions, on the telegram group, visit the website and contact them from there. Even the announcement thread can offer you more info.
June 29, 2018, 04:32:12 PM
I searched for Iagon in telegram, and the fake telegram group is what came up (not the official one).  It had 350+ members and seemed legit, so I thought it was the real one -- real logo, and the admin had the name and picture of the company's CEO (who is in fact active on the official telegram). 

The pinned message had instructions on how to participate and I was also pm'ing with who I thought was the CEO. 

I should have been more vigilant.
Pages:
Jump to: