Pages:
Author

Topic: Well, I just got scammed - page 4. (Read 3032 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 515
Get'em boys
October 22, 2018, 06:09:17 PM
You're not the only one, man. I got scammed of 1k just because I was in a rush and didn't take the time to think properly. Now that cost me quite a lot... painful loss.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
October 22, 2018, 06:04:27 PM
This is the reason why we need to regulate cryptocurrency in a positive way. The governments in each country allowing cryptocurrencies should have the control over transactions like these. Only those that are registered companies or ICOs should be allowed to receive payments in the form of cryptocurrency or fiat. They should be submitting KYCs and not their clients or customers. So if ever they would be doing scam, surely they will end up in jail because all their identity are established and made known.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back
October 22, 2018, 05:30:37 PM
This is reckless on your part, how can you invest in a company with huge amount of 5 Ether , amounting to about 2500 USD without any due diligence. You should have asked questions, on the telegram group, visit the website and contact them from there. Even the announcement thread can offer you more info.

Thanks, I now know that.  I had done due diligence on the company and the investment.  I should have been more careful with telegram.  I'm posting this more as a PSA than anything else.  I wouldn't have made the investment if I wasn't prepared to lose it -- I just didn't expect to lose it so quickly.

love your statement that you were ok with losing the investment- and the nice touch of joke in the end Smiley

Seriously, never had any occasions so far when somebody asks to send money through Telegram official site. usually that is for info only and to redirect to right places ..
Activity: 518
October 22, 2018, 04:26:43 PM
When fomo hits it really doesn't matter are you throwing your money in some pump and dump coin on exchange or in some ICO that you didn't properly researched before investing in it. I dont think that there is anyone in crypto trading that wasnt scammed at least once.
Activity: 182
October 22, 2018, 04:00:45 PM
Today you can be scammed even by entire team, so telegram fake is really something rare. Thanks for your warnings, they could help a lot of investors.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
October 22, 2018, 06:43:05 AM
I am helping to create a single base of fakes in cryptocurrency industry. Can you please, give link to this channel so other people may not repeat your mistakes?
Merit: 250
October 22, 2018, 05:48:36 AM
Shit happens bro. I am sorry to hear this, but I hope we all can learn from this. We need to be more careful and more selective with investing. Always to double check the groups, the payment addresses and so on. I hope nobody else participated in this scam.
Activity: 308
October 22, 2018, 05:32:25 AM
I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.

In modern terms, when fakes are everywhere, we could not be sure even about real projects and real social media accounts, so there is nothing strange.
October 14, 2018, 04:39:26 PM
I can sympathize with you. Although I do not know this feeling, but I understand how sad it is to lose money, which got not the easiest way.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
October 14, 2018, 04:31:25 PM
ohh, sorry to hear that

and thanks for sharing this information with us, i am pretty sure that his post will help people

and we will be more carefull about such scam and better we do double check with offical site, btctalk thread and etc before we send coin

scammers are everywhere in crypto world, it is one of the reasons ordinary people afraids to invest in crypto

hopefully you will recover soon
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 14, 2018, 04:27:47 PM
Oh, man sorry to hear that. These scammers are getting ever more creative. Was it a phishing scam? I mean, was the page they sent you to the exact replica of the legit Iagon page? And how did you end up visiting the wrong twitter page in the first place? Was it via google, other social networks, advertisement, or any other way? This info could be helpful to the other forum member to avoid the same mistake. You can never be too careful these days.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
October 14, 2018, 04:18:59 PM
TO avoid being scammed in the future, ensure you take out time to recheck and confirm the project website, do not be in a hurry to invest, avoid the rush mechanism from developer, base on bonus announce, alot of lazy investors tends to  research after investing and this might be late.
Activity: 910
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
October 14, 2018, 03:36:45 PM
I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH.  

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
I never understood how people become victims of such tricks of swindlers. I always visit the official site of the project and look for a group of telegrams on the site.
Activity: 664
Merit: 100
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
October 14, 2018, 03:17:09 PM
There are many ICOs that are of interest every day, and all of them have potential. But some scammers are around you, and they look for ways to contact you in any form to give you fake information to dispose of your money appropriately.
Activity: 150
Merit: 6
October 14, 2018, 03:13:08 PM
Hi there!

Sad to hear you lost this amount of ETH!
i think a good lesson can be learned here, always go trough the official website links, for telegram aswell twitter etc.
Always double check it of you are goin to invest this amount of money.

Always make sure to report these scam activities!
Maybe you can help others out by preventing them fron buying a scam.

Greetings! Cool
Activity: 344
Merit: 257
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
October 14, 2018, 03:06:45 PM
Be sure to be careful next time you join telegram groups because sometimes even if you joined the legit one a telegram user will pm you and asking to buy tokens with great bonus and it is a pure scam.
Activity: 154
Merit: 30
Need Forum Moderator?? PM me.
October 14, 2018, 02:50:57 PM
It really sucks. But why the fuck you didn't join their official telegram and why the fuck you joined a wrong one? Any logic behind it? You didn't mention. Also, didn't you check the contract address from a trusted source? It's really sad that you guys don't get the lesson.
BTW, have you posted in the reputation?
Activity: 218
October 14, 2018, 02:48:16 PM
I ran into a con man once, too. I'll tell you what, it's not the best feeling. To my happiness, I came to my senses in time and managed to get my money back.
Activity: 602
October 14, 2018, 10:26:08 AM
Yes that scam is really true, because me, and my wife are joining bounty, we have different bounty that was in. But my wife has got scam because first they got twelve weeks to post, and later on their token distribution got in the third quarter as the admin says.Time flies there bounty was gone.So i conclude that there are some bounties are scam.Beware of them.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
October 14, 2018, 10:22:14 AM
I am really sorry about that but i just noticed something with this scammers i think the new pattern now is telegram cause about two weeks ago i got a message on telegram from a supposed inmediate admin i missed the kyc period so i was happy that i could get back on the list,further into the conversation he asked me to send 0.0001eth for verification then i knew he was a scammer and i told him bye we should be very careful out there
Pages:
Jump to: