Pages:
Author

Topic: Well, it's settling down. Where will it go from here? - page 2. (Read 4253 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
how fitting.

Wave 3 starting after all the weak hands have been shaken out or liquidated.
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
smells like short squeeze to me. relatively low volume barely any bid support. but who knows where this leaks since we are still continuing the uptrend from the last weeks.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I dunno, pretty ripe for a profit taking about now

I agree with this, this 'rally' seems to have come a wee bit too fast.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 4373
diamond-handed zealot
I dunno, pretty ripe for a profit taking about now
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
a strange thing is happening.. it's maintaining a level of >5.8 and going UP despite a huge imbalance in the orderbook. 

Is this a danger signal, for another correction?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
a strange thing is happening.. it's maintaining a level of >5.8 and going UP despite a huge imbalance in the orderbook. 

Lots of buy orders waiting on bitcoinica in spite of bullseye... Every sell order is handled internally.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Shame on everything; regret nothing.

Does this have anything to do with that thing you said was maybe going to happen around 3am EST?
Activity: 784
bitcoin hundred-aire
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
nice call bro
Bro
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
wow, calm after the storm!! so stable

maybe it's gonna explode again
Activity: 518
If you want to support bitcoin, spend them. Hoarding them doesnt help anyone.
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
So let's hear some guesses for the price on
1. Jan 25
2. Feb 1
3. Mar 1

I don't do this very often, because I don't see much merit in it, but here goes...

1. Jan 25: $6.50
2. Feb 1: $7.20
3. Mar 1: $9.70

BTW I think that will take over $4M.

There is a good chance it won't stop at 9.7 $ but hit 10 $

What's your view/guess? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2100
So let's hear some guesses for the price on
1. Jan 25
2. Feb 1
3. Mar 1

I don't do this very often, because I don't see much merit in it, but here goes...

1. Jan 25: $6.50
2. Feb 1: $7.20
3. Mar 1: $9.70

BTW I think that will take over $4M.

There is a good chance it won't stop at 9.7 $ but hit 10 $
OK here it goes:

1. Jan 25: $6.20
2. Feb 1: $6.75
3. Mar 1: $8.20

Based on upward trend from December 1 to January 4th  (Pre-Bubble data)
A trading range indicated, before our 2-week bubble:

legendary
diamond-handed zealot
I am fairly optimistic

I thought the big swing was going to buzz down to 5.55 and then break lower in a total rout

instead we weather 3 more large profit takings and settle near 5.70

It is true. the long term uptrend is yet to even be tested in this recent turn of events, we should test it some time in the next couple days
Some quick math..
According to  rowit there are currently only ~30K hosts:

(and steadily going down!).

Lets assume thats 30K bitcoin users.
Also assuming all btc were available for purchase (which Im sure is not the case - yet), the market cap of the btc chain is currently ~$50M. That is $1600 on average for every user. My crystal ball says thats still way too much.

The current price level would make more sense to me if there were 10x more users doing 10x  more trade. That may or may not happen, and as long as there is hope, people will hoard coins, but currently $1 per BTC seems more reasonable to me than $10 and unless adoption begins to increase instead of decrease , even the hoarders will get out at some point.

Your basing the price of a bitcoin on fundamentals.

That would be a nice thing in theory. But as we all know, its really based on speculation.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
To me this is about taking a stand. The recent development was a credibility hit to Bitcoin but the price still went down "only" 20% which is less than it has in the past. To avoid a 50% drop which would be a massive credibility hit, people need to take a stand. You either support Bitcoin or you don't and now is the time to show that support or not if that is your decision.

I rarely make these kinds of posts but I honestly believe that this is a critical situation right now. We either make this recent development a bigger issue than it was, or we don't. It's our choice collectively.

And by showing support I don't necessarily mean buying now or going all-in at Bitcoinica, I mean choosing a position which you'll hold. No matter what.
+1
 I want to "support" bitcoin, to buy right now in a strong support zone! Yesterday I have earned the large sum of money but I can not whitdraw from bitcoinica "temporary mtgox limit is riched"  Sad
We were in a 2-week mini bubble since the beginning of January.

We have corrected back down to $5.50, where we had been heading as the next "genuine" support price (1st week of January)

Curious to see how it shakes out.

Pages:
Jump to: