Pages:
Author

Topic: We're WAY too CONFIDENT about the current BTC Price. See picture in topic. - page 2. (Read 9386 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Isn't it a good thing there is investor confidence and a mostly stable market?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Price will crash again. Else how profit? The question is only when.

not at all this is the wild west here buddy ~> somehow we found out about this early!!!
  Grin
*personally I'm telling my friends and family to buy just 1 bitcoin instead of a lotto ticket !

You mean instead of 430 lotto tickets?

/\470 now LOL!!!  Cool
Activity: 28

not at all this is the wild west here buddy ~> somehow we found out about this early!!!
  Grin
*personally I'm telling my friends and family to buy just 1 bitcoin instead of a lotto ticket !

You mean instead of 430 lotto tickets?

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
True. It may be too soon to say, but, I sold today at $360 and it's dropped to about ~$339 soon after.

So you sold on gox? I was wondering who still did that.

No, I'm using gox's chart as a standard. I use Cavirtex.com to trade.

Don't you get crushed by their high fees?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If it drops Ill just buy a hole bunch of bitcoins and hope it has one of these huge up sprees in prices again
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
The volume is pathetic compared to April.  I don't like it.  When the volume goes nuts, the whales will sell into it.  Until people take the bait, the price will probably continue to rise.

I don't trust BTC China.  Big players within the Government over there are doing a power-grab IMO.  Why else would their central banks not say a peep yet?  Once it sells off and the elite over there get theirs, the horror stories for the average person will justify the need to step in and regulate the exchanges.

Chinese like bitcoin for likely the same reason everyone else does.

You mean a few wealthy Chinese actors.  The volume is very low.

You realize that you and I don't know the real volume. Several exchanges do hidden orders, a lot of large sellers go direct to coinbase and secondmarket type brokers. In addition there are a growing # of individual brokers facilitating larger buys.  "Whales" have no need to crash anything. What's the point?

You complain volume is low and then say when it goes high it's bearish.

Lol, you just making a case in your own head. Pure speculation.
Activity: 784
The volume is pathetic compared to April.  I don't like it.  When the volume goes nuts, the whales will sell into it.  Until people take the bait, the price will probably continue to rise.

I don't trust BTC China.  Big players within the Government over there are doing a power-grab IMO.  Why else would their central banks not say a peep yet?  Once it sells off and the elite over there get theirs, the horror stories for the average person will justify the need to step in and regulate the exchanges.

Chinese like bitcoin for likely the same reason everyone else does.

You mean a few wealthy Chinese actors.  The volume is very low.
Activity: 924
The volume is pathetic compared to April.  I don't like it.  When the volume goes nuts, the whales will sell into it.  Until people take the bait, the price will probably continue to rise.

I don't trust BTC China.  Big players within the Government over there are doing a power-grab IMO.  Why else would their central banks not say a peep yet?  Once it sells off and the elite over there get theirs, the horror stories for the average person will justify the need to step in and regulate the exchanges.

A bit conspiratorial IMO. Possible of course, but probably not. Chinese like bitcoin for likely the same reason everyone else does. Ron Paul once said that freedom is popular. He is right.

The community was many times younger before the April crash. We had one exchange that constantly lagged out and got DDOSed, and the price was constantly at their whim. The market was very wary that a poorly coded TRADING CARD engine was Bitcoin's Achilles heel. Not any more. The free market is quick at correcting these problems.

coinbase looks like the safest camp to deal with at the moment~jmho!  Wink
Activity: 784

as with any stock (and bitcoin is one too) people are anticipating future value of the market which also fuels it's growth. I don't know how people like you imagine revolutionary currency is supposed to launch. With all shops accepting it at once the first day of launch or what.
First people have to own currency to shop's accept them as payments.

I agree with that. My issue is that Bitcoin trading and speculation is growing and there's been lots of positive announcements about merchants that will take Bitcoins, but little real evidence of growing usage. No one is keen to calculate the stats or promote them because the truth is not good for Bitcoin.

The fact that Bitcoins keep appreciating is also ironically killing Bitcoin usage, since no rational person would spend using Bitcoins as compared to Fiat when they expect their Bitcoins to appreciate and their Fiat to depreciate.

i agree BTCitcoin will largely be hoarded by the elites because it's so secure where the emerging altcurrency markets will be the new gold rush!!! just look @ : LTC/DGC/FTC/TRC/FRK/NET/MST/ASC/ZET etc etcc.. Wink >>>GET IN LOW!!!
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Lots of people are still WAY too confident in the current value of the US Dollar. Being air funded and all, having Ben Bernanke screwing up beyond belief, I say it's an accident waiting tot happen.

Current USD value is still very high, it may easily fall below 0.001 BTC.
Hehe  Smiley

I think 1 satoshi for 1 dollar ultimately should be a fair price... Grin
Activity: 28
Lots of people are still WAY too confident in the current value of the US Dollar. Being air funded and all, having Ben Bernanke screwing up beyond belief, I say it's an accident waiting tot happen.

Current USD value is still very high, it may easily fall below 0.001 BTC.
Hehe  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
The fact that Bitcoins keep appreciating is also ironically killing Bitcoin usage, since no rational person would spend using Bitcoins as compared to Fiat when they expect their Bitcoins to appreciate and their Fiat to depreciate.

Quite so! That's why deflation is harmful for an economy and to work a currency should be constantly depreciating... Cool
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
as with any stock (and bitcoin is one too) people are anticipating future value of the market which also fuels it's growth. I don't know how people like you imagine revolutionary currency is supposed to launch. With all shops accepting it at once the first day of launch or what.

I agree with that. My issue is that Bitcoin trading and speculation is growing and there's been lots of positive announcements about merchants that will take Bitcoins, but little real evidence of growing usage. No one is keen to calculate the stats or promote them because the truth is not good for Bitcoin.

Activity: 546
Merit: 501
I don't see how the current bitcoin prices and tulip mania are even slightly similar.  Bitcoin has real value and the tulips value was in the eye of the beholder.  

This has still yet to be proven.

It seems like 99% of Bitcoin use is mining, hoarding and speculation. Finding ways for people who have generated Bitcoins to spend them on more Bitcoin related activities is not an economy.

A Bitcoin economy will properly exist when people who are not miners or speculators are buying or using Bitcoins because they have a real reason to do so by comparison to Fiat, which right now is almost entirely absent. I'm not saying it might happen, but right now it's unproven.

I don't see how the current bitcoin prices and tulip mania are even slightly similar.  Bitcoin has real value and the tulips value was in the eye of the beholder. 

This has still yet to be proven.

It seems like 99% of Bitcoin use is mining, hoarding and speculation. Finding ways for people who have generated Bitcoins to spend them on more Bitcoin related activities is not an economy.

A Bitcoin economy will properly exist when people who are not miners or speculators are buying or using Bitcoins because they have a real reason to do so by comparison to Fiat, which right now is almost entirely absent. I'm not saying it might happen, but right now it's unproven.
I always love Apple vs Bitcoin comparisons, so utterly stupid.

You know my post was an attempt at satire right?

I was simply trying to point out the silliness of drawing a graph on a linear scale.

No, in which case we're agreed....
Pages:
Jump to: