Pages:
Author

Topic: What advice do you give a newbie? - page 3. (Read 380 times)

Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 10, 2023, 08:48:34 AM
As you can see, I'm a complete newbie; tailless and headless. I have no direction and I seek one. Educate us on the dos and donts of the forum.
How is growth measured here?

I'm sure that this is your first forum account the first thing in order for you is to read a lot and refrain from posting for the sake of posting, you've done the right thing finding this section for your guide to starting here in Bitcointalk you can also check the meta section it housed all the rules and on this forum.
Learn everything you need about this forum and you can do this by concentrating on these two sections, meta and this section, take a least a week of reading topics and discussion on these two sections.
When you think you learn a lot then that's the time to roam other sections of this forum, go to the section of your interest, and don't try to act as if you know specific subjects, the most important thing is to avoid spamming and redundant posts.   
Activity: 1918
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 10, 2023, 08:37:28 AM
As you can see, I'm a complete newbie; tailless and headless. I have no direction and I seek one. Educate us on the dos and donts of the forum.

This single thread will answer your questions. [ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/newbies-read-before-posting-1689727 ]
Every important detail was on the pinned post in every section, spend most of your precious time reading and understanding those pinned post threads and you will surely gain knowledge of it as a newbie.

Read more, post less. It is as simple as that.
[snip]
You nailed it out --that is very simple, possibly just 2 months of spending your free time reading those informative topics that are already pinned above. It needs dedication for you to encourage to engage more about the forum and technical about bitcoin stuff.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
April 10, 2023, 08:06:03 AM

for a start, you should be honest. As I can see from your previous writing, even if you are a newbie, you started giving political analysis and pieces of advice. this post of yours seems to me more like an attempt to collect merit (translation gave a different meaning).
it's okay to discuss some things in life, but those are not things that improve this forum. try to be in the discussion, not only to write something but to at least try to influence its further course. also as a newbie, it's perfectly fine if you spend some time reading and learning.

I will agree that this is a good start for any newbie.

if you are not that familiar with the forum and its rules read the following links below. do not plagiarise content, and if you are going to take information from someone else or from an article, make sure to cite your source.

Newbies - Read before posting
Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ

Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
April 10, 2023, 07:14:56 AM
if you are not that familiar with the forum and its rules read the following links below. do not plagiarise content, and if you are going to take information fromsomeone else or from an article, make sure to cite your source.

@Jamala, just read these two links, they are important.

Go to meta board and also beginners and help board to read the sticky or pinned threads there.

If you want to grow your account on this forum, be visiting this forum regularly and be reading what other members that are have high merits are posting. Reading than posting will help you to post more than read later. But your success on this forum is to read what others are hosting very well and be bitcoin oriented.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
April 10, 2023, 07:09:24 AM
Adding to the above suggestions, read more forum rules and every post pinned on every subboard.

-snip-

People's assessments are generally based on the merits obtained, but that's not a reason for people to chase you desperately when you are hard enough to achieve. The process of getting to the maturity of the mind takes time, first make this a fun place to learn something.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1087
April 10, 2023, 07:05:15 AM
if you are not that familiar with the forum and its rules read the following links below. do not plagiarise content, and if you are going to take information from someone else or from an article, make sure to cite your source.

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
April 10, 2023, 06:51:56 AM
Read more, post less. It is as simple as that.

Status is gained by earning merits. Someone may award your post a merit if they feel it is worthwhile. Posts that have little value rarely earn any merits. So, read as much as you can so that you can write posts and replies that others consider to be worth awarding merits.
Activity: 55
Merit: 3
April 10, 2023, 06:43:08 AM
Pages:
Jump to: