Pages:
Author

Topic: What are 3 MOST IMPORTANT things for you in ICO? (before you invest) - page 4. (Read 437 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 260
Planning to list the project on the exchange is the major things I look for before investing on any project . The teams that is behind the projects and the advisory board are the second things I look in a project before invest in it. The third thing I think I do look at before investing into ico or any project is how the project is published on social media and bitcointalk.
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
of all the things you mentioned is pretty clear that all have an important aspect before we start an investment activity on ICO but I just want to add some important things to do investors before making the first investment is Find out whether the team from ICO has a good experience and likewise is Try to understand the atmosphere in society by looking at the size of the community and its activities as you say that is about the number of followers in social media.
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
It is very important to look at white paper, it should be clear and should answer all important questions about the project.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
The first thing I always look at is (1). Innovativeness of project, a better idea out there will always stand out and draw in more investors and we all know that the rate of investors determines the success of a project. The next thing I look at for is the (2).Team background, this may be a very wrong approach to some people because there is this popular saying "Never judge a book by its cover", but undermining that I still get motivated by the projects team. As for my last option which is (3). The time they intend to go into exchangers, Hmmmm!! I don't really bank on that a lot because so many of them don't actually go into exchangers in the intended time, but the truth is that they will certainly do no matter the delay.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
In my opinion, 3 most important things in ICO before I invest is:
-Roadmap and white paper.
-Information about dev's team.
-The way they are using to PR their project( in bitcointalk forum, I will notice comments of Senior Members of higher).
Activity: 42
In my opinion there should be a regulating authority that sees over ICO, hell any new coin in fact. There are way too many scams going around and imo it causing a bad name for crypto. Ive seen 2 coins (i invested in both, luckily didnt loose much) where the dev's have disappeared within 2-3 months.

But where this authority should be from? Its a problem of jurisdiction. No one has global jurisdiction.
Activity: 52
Merit: 1
In my opinion there should be a regulating authority that sees over ICO, hell any new coin in fact. There are way too many scams going around and imo it causing a bad name for crypto. Ive seen 2 coins (i invested in both, luckily didnt loose much) where the dev's have disappeared within 2-3 months.
Activity: 673
Merit: 253
For me, the most important things are:

1. Opinion other people and popularity about this coin
2. Team and support ( fast help in  troubles is very important )
3. The size of growth and value
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Uniqueness of the product of the company and product is user friendly or not, and also read the white paper of the company very carefully, and most important which team is working behind the project.I check these three things before investing in any ICO because these are the most important.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Market Integration Platform
Most important thing for me is about token of a project, some projects do not even care about whether it is listed on a exchange or not, they only say it will be used in our platform, it is not an investment... Some care too much and try to list the token in everywhere so it is better for us.
Activity: 742
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hi all,

I was wondering what you look at when investing in ICOs and what you find the most important. Let me know I am curious to see.
The major 3 things are
 1. Clarity of the white paper
 2. Project development
 3. Hardcap/ softcap
These are important things to note down the ICOs because majority of the peoples are looking to potential platform so we must note down the three things in ICO investment.
Activity: 840
Merit: 100
Before I invest in ICO, first i see the concept of the project, looking for information about the project such as roadmap plan, team, partner and etc. And all that helped me to invest in ICO.
Activity: 743
Merit: 250
there are so many things to check before investing in any ICO project, surely more than 3 factors. I always try to read carefully the whitepaper, check the team and their social media accounts, and see if they are really experienced , also I visit the project's site, I check its roadmap, also the concept is very important and I make sure its really attractive before investing.
Activity: 518
Merit: 283
I look at a smart contract, white paper, the importance of the idea and the experience of the team. I can not trust the ratings, because I saw how the positive reviews are sold. I also study the smart contract independently.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 12
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
For me the top 3 things to lookout are;
1) project viability and practicality.
2) Team competency and experience or previous work.
3) transparency and innovation.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
In my opinion what you need to look before investing on ICOs are check the background of the development team if they got enough experience then it is worth to invest then number of followers on social media if a project has more people means it was advertised more and the chance of getting success is more,then the escrow is also good to check because your investment will be safe.
Activity: 42
As of my preview of those ICO. I always check their Personality background, Company Profile, and Innovation of projects which is very important and how it will sustain the company in the long run. Soft cap and Hard cap is not issue for me as long as they have the working products.

Do you care for instance if they have different allocation of funds when they hit soft cap vs the hard cap?

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
As of my preview of those ICO. I always check their Personality background, Company Profile, and Innovation of projects which is very important and how it will sustain the company in the long run. Soft cap and Hard cap is not issue for me as long as they have the working products.
Activity: 322
Merit: 40
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
Things like the background of the team, whitepaper and a MVP is important for me. Therefore is the website design also important for me. This shows me easily the quality of a project.
Activity: 279
Merit: 16
Mostly I go based off hype, if they have a large following on social media etc. After that I consider if I actually believe in the project (this does not determine if I'll invest or not but it makes the decision much easier). If both of those are ticked off I'll likely invest, if there's just hype then there's still a good chance i'll consider investing as a flip, depending on the current market, if it's a bear market then I stay away from almost all ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: