Pages:
Author

Topic: What are at the Moment the Best 5 Coins? - page 2. (Read 4468 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Oh 5 coins.... my bad.

BTC: Hold long term. End of story.

C2: FPS being developed. Going to be huge and so undervalued @ 650sat. Hold long term.

BCN: BCN is to Monero/HoneyPenny as BTC is to (insert shitcoin BTC clone here). Could even kill DRK. Hold short/medium term.

HACK: Just released. Great Asian community and hash rate. Hold short/medium term.

CINNI: I called this @ <3k sat, great volume. Day trade the shit out of it and keep an eye out for when they make their own multipool.

Best. G.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
BTC and LTC

These would be the top two. Why? Because they have the most momentum. There is a large infrastructure of merchant APIs, wallets, exchanges. BTC is basically the US$ of Crypto because most alt-coins are priced in units of BTC just like US$ is how most world commodities are priced.

Nautilus Coin - NAUT (was using PHI ticker but changed to not confuse it with PHICoin)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-naut-nautiluscoin-first-coin-wstabilization-fund-digishield-591114
The unique aspect of this coin is their stabilization fund. The fund is composed of 1% pre-mine which buy/sells on it's exchange to try to keep to volume up and the market liquid. They also use Digishield which adjusts to block rate based on the current network has rate to prevent multi-pool mining problems.

ShareCoin - SHARE
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annsharesharecoin-pure-pos-the-only-coin-backed-up-by-a-real-bussiness-587051
This one is pretty new. The dev created 100million coin and freely gave it away to 1500 people that applied. This coin is 100% PoS. I'm really liking PoS, it means someone can't go in with 40 MHs machines, mine 100k of them and dump them. The first year interest (PoS reward) is 30%. So you gain coins just by keeping them in your wallet. The wallets maintain the network rather than miners.

Another unique aspect of this is that it is tied to a new exchange. You will be able to buy "stock" in the exchange called FeeShares, meaning you Share in the fees the exchange charges. You can only buy the FeeShares with ShareCoin and each FeeShare gets you a .001% stake in the fees. I think the feeshares will also apply to other things that are planned like a gambling site and perhaps merchant services site.

DogeCoin - DOGE

As much as this started as a joke, it is really becoming very popular. I can't see this one raising in price much though  because there is no limit on the amount of coins that can be mined. Maybe the devs will decide to change that at some point. But, I think there are already billions of these in the market.

So, there's the top 5 I am watching.
Activity: 218
doge, cinni, zet, bc, drk.. they are promising.
Activity: 214
BTC, 42, 365, LTC, & USDe(<--Don't really have a 5th)
legendary
Activity: 1022
If I could see through all the shit I'd tell you
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
NXT is great concept, but distribution model was flawed too much to ignore...but market seems to be slowly reaching same conclusion

Not as flawed as this appraisal. What a load of nonsense.

NXT were brought for total of 21 btc between ~73 stakeholders
current valuation~ 53,000 BTC (very short time later)

252380% profit for lucky few

http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34

or that seems an acceptable distribution model for a future currency?

My list of investment. I believe all have long term merit, also invest in some other shit coins, but only in temporary pump so won't include them.

-Counterparty
Revolutionary concept, non inflationary- non minable & limited supply (huge value in protocol as well as underlying xcp token), Dedicated developers Massive upwards potential. The true dark-horse, yet few years ahead of itself.
-Monero
Innovative new protocol. Mining is relatively non-feasible due to difficulty and no implementation. Larger exchanges  will not readily add because it's not copy paste plug n play installation process like xxx-qt coins. low liquidity, cumbersome to acquire/trade therefore in a price discovery phase.
-Honeypenny
Roughly Same as above
-Cinnicoin
Nothing too revolutionary, but pure POS, free of any major problems, limited supply comparatively- working multipools. undervalued massively on relative basis
-NXT clones
NXT is great concept, but distribution model was flawed too much to ignore. I don't know how it has and still is lasting so long, but market seems to be slowly reaching same conclusion despite it having the network effect. and now the time is ripe for a NXT clone, assuming community backs and devs are competent these can surpass NXT

let's make progress update of investments. since 24 hours has passed since posting

CounterParty - -2.77 % (in actual fact +12.84% of Bter)
Monero - no exchange info
HoneyPenny - not trading
Cinnicoin - +53.26 %
Nxt clones- not trading

If you hedged 10btc between all tradable alts in my list at time of post, selling 24 hours later (at this post time) you would have ~16.702 BTC
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Mintcoin.
Activity: 184
Merit: 10
Qidex Exchange
finally someone mentioned Myriad.. 5 separate algorithms running concurrently on the same blockchain. It's likely the most secure blockchain thus far and allows gpu miners to mine on a level playing field w/ asics. That's obvious innovation. If you don' think so I don't care because Andreas Antonopoulos recognizes its merit http://www.reddit.com/r/letstalkbitcoin/comments/24rc3q/how_did_andreas_antonopoulos_find_out_about_myriad/
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
NXT is great concept, but distribution model was flawed too much to ignore...but market seems to be slowly reaching same conclusion

Not as flawed as this appraisal. What a load of nonsense.
Activity: 452
Merit: 250
to hodl:

1. BTC Bitcoin
2. DRK DarkCoin
3. NXT Next
4. NRS NoirShares
5. MYR Myriadcoin

to watch: NEM when launched
legendary
Activity: 1484
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
Hm...
BTC,
LTC,
DOGE,
DRK
QRK

dunno for rest last two i will change with others like nxt, vert, hiro....
Activity: 117
1. Global Denomination (GDN) - X11

2. HiroCoin (HIRO) - X11

3. Unitary Status Dollar eCoin (USDe) - Scrypt

4. Einsteinium (EMC2) - Scrypt

5. FlutterCoin (FLT) - Scrypt

haha so nice.

This thread is not about the 5 worst coins. 
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I would have to say..BTC, LTC, DOGE, VTC and NXT.
Activity: 224
CryptocoinTools.com
1. Global Denomination (GDN) - X11

2. HiroCoin (HIRO) - X11

3. Unitary Status Dollar eCoin (USDe) - Scrypt

4. Einsteinium (EMC2) - Scrypt

5. FlutterCoin (FLT) - Scrypt
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitcoin, dogecoin namecoin, anoncoin
Activity: 476
BITCOIN
NXT
VERT
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
My list of investment. I believe all have long term merit, also invest in some other shit coins, but only in temporary pump so won't include them.

-Counterparty
Revolutionary concept, non inflationary- non minable & limited supply (huge value in protocol as well as underlying xcp token), Dedicated developers Massive upwards potential. The true dark-horse, yet few years ahead of itself.
-Monero
Innovative new protocol. Mining is relatively non-feasible due to difficulty and no implementation. Larger exchanges  will not readily add because it's not copy paste plug n play installation process like xxx-qt coins. low liquidity, cumbersome to acquire/trade therefore in a price discovery phase.
-Honeypenny
Roughly Same as above
-Cinnicoin
Nothing too revolutionary, but pure POS, free of any major problems, limited supply comparatively- working multipools. undervalued massively on relative basis
-NXT clones
NXT is great concept, but distribution model was flawed too much to ignore. I don't know how it has and still is lasting so long, but market seems to be slowly reaching same conclusion despite it having the network effect. and now the time is ripe for a NXT clone, assuming community backs and devs are competent these can surpass NXT
Activity: 69
Nxt
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Activity: 392
You could get intrested in sharecoin. It's been having quite a lot of attention lately.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
Bitcoin
Litecoin
Peercoin
CGB
FTC
Quarkcoin
Terracoin
Primecoin

Due to coin infrastructure, no premined and an big fanbase.

Just my opinion, but these coins are gonna last.

Grtz
Pages:
Jump to: