Pages:
Author

Topic: What are people's thoughts on Bakkt? - page 2. (Read 378 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
October 22, 2018, 06:40:53 PM
So soon we are to see BAKKT be approved - let's assume it does, what are people's initial thoughts on it?

i keep seeing this bit about "approval"......does bakkt need CFTC approval to operate? can anyone point me to info about this? i haven't gleaned anything from the articles i've read.

anyway, initial thoughts: no idea what the starbucks angle is. but supposedly bakkt will have physically settled futures markets, and they'll settle daily. so if investors (institutional or otherwise) are waiting for a settlement/custody solution like bakkt before investing in bitcoin---and that's a big "if"---then this could be a big deal. because the contracts are physically settled, it should have real effects on the spot market (unlike cash settled futures).
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
October 22, 2018, 06:01:50 PM
Might be the catalyst that we need.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
October 22, 2018, 05:59:39 PM
I think that like always there are those who see advantages in it and those who see only disadvantages and don't believe in its success. As for me personally, I prefer btc and ether
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
October 22, 2018, 05:16:57 PM
if indeed it does as it says and offers average joe a easy way to buy/sell ACTUAL BTC and not just contracts/shares ,,,, and also get a cuppa'jo using btc. it will shut up all those "bitcoin is broken because you cant buy coffee with bitcoin" propagandists that just want people to fortknox up btc into LN factories

Activity: 49
Merit: 1
October 22, 2018, 03:27:20 PM
Hi All

So soon we are to see BAKKT be approved - let's assume it does, what are people's initial thoughts on it?

Mine are BAkkt will be a slow burner as still very few people know about or even understand crypto in the wider scale of things, if starbucks introduce it to buy a coffee after all approvals etc, I wonder what the take up would be, will it be a few guys that are into computers that use cryptocurrency to buy their drinks, or will it appeal to the wider population!

I feel that it will take off but slowly hence the slow-burner tag, but then with the support of HUGE companies behind it they have the advertising power, knowledge and money to really push it, so I could be wrong

So the question is What are people's thoughts on BAKKT?

Thanks looking forward to a great debate
Pages:
Jump to: