Pages:
Author

Topic: What are possible scenarios for the block halving? - page 3. (Read 4417 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
miners will not leave they can earn profit at least for two other halving, with the current efficiency, so we are safe from that point of view

the price will increase almost for sure, un less some major thing will put a dent on bitcoin before the halving

Yes, at the moment it all points out that the price should increase around the next halving. what will happen in the end and how will market dynamics work out it will be seen.

Halving is not the only thing that should work out for the Bitcoin price next year. I expect that in 2016 the long awaited ETFs and Gemini exchange see the light of the day. Also the block size increase should be solved and this should regain the confidence into Bitcoin as well.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
If demand in the markets stays the same as it is now or it raises a bit, the price of Bitcoin will be higher. If demand should decrease maybe nothing will change and price still will be in $200 range.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
miners will not leave they can earn profit at least for two other halving, with the current efficiency, so we are safe from that point of view

the price will increase almost for sure, unless some major thing will put a dent on bitcoin before the halving
legendary
Activity: 1764
I also see rise in price after the halving of blocks.Someone respected member stated above about LTC 's halving I will just say there is no comparison between BTC and LTC.One is original and other is simply cope.Rise in price is sure with or without halving in next years.

Same speculation here, BTC price might increase from 25% to 40% as the demand for it dictates. And I dont think as well that mining will slow down as we reached the halving phase.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I also see rise in price after the halving of blocks.Someone respected member stated above about LTC 's halving I will just say there is no comparison between BTC and LTC.One is original and other is simply cope.Rise in price is sure with or without halving in next years.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001
If the demand is the same as right now price will go up. If the prices go up a lot ($200), it can be the start of a new bubble because the appearing of bitcoin in the mass media.
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Theoretically there would be an upward pressure for price to increase but that is provided that demand remains the same at its current level. But as I've said earlier there are just too many scenarios that could happen and things could just took an unexpected turn. You can just put forward the assumption that miners will shut off their machine as they are unable to remain profitable but don't forget others miners could still fill that vacant slot. Whatever it is I hope volatility will somehow reduce and we could see a more stable price.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
If demand is high enough, prices will increase quite dramatically.

However, if it is low, prices will decrease even more and miners would decrease their investments in their rigs because it won't be as profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
Demand keeps dropping, halving can't come soon enough just to keep us where we are......
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
im thinking price should go up, but no one can really be sure

it seems to me that people who think the price will go up would logically be buying more now ie they are getting cheaper coins now that the future. That inflates demand a little and maybe moves the current price up a little.

But when halving comes (because of the above) demand should less than normal/now. it may be that lower demand roughly matches the lower increase in supply so there is no major price movement.  

Just becasue the rate a new bitcoins arriving to be bought drops does not mean there is a 'shortage' for buyers and so they push the price up in a bidding war.

I think demand is so weak you may see little change Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1186
I think there could very well be another round of FOMO similar to 2013. Now only 12.5 coins per 10 minutes instead of 25!! When we have huge sell offs people panic and over sell, when we have the big rises people go crazy and over buy in fear of missing out.
legendary
Activity: 1036
with LTC nothing happened after halving so not sure
The LTC halving didn't rase the price at all in fact it continued to go down, why was that?
How would the BTC halving differ from the LTC halving?

Not entirely true. About 2 months before the LTC halving, in June/July, LTC price rocketed up to $15 from $2. After the halving, LTC price has settled at around $2.80 currently.

I can foresee BTC behaving the same way, just in different numbers$$$.
Activity: 756
im thinking price should go up, but no one can really be sure
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
The LTC halving didn't rase the price at all in fact it continued to go down, why was that?

Well for one, Litecoin is shit.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
Nobody know what will happen. There are of course different scenarios. Bitcoin price might jump upwards and majority is expecting this scenario.

It might happen that nothing will happen since the halving has already been anticipated and calculated into the current Bitcoin's price.

It might happen that some miners will shut down their machines since they will become unprofitable. I don't see this as a problem since we already have more than enough and even too much of the hashrate so if this drop happens, no biggie.
legendary
Activity: 896
Price will double if demand stays exactly the same. Most likely demand will increase before the halving though.

the price might go up maybe 25%-50% at most a few months before the actual halving. the most interesting thing will happen after the halving has taken place. that's when we know what the real effect is on the price. at this point people can only guess.

What happened after the first halving price wise? I wasn't around back then. Whatever happened then will most likely happen again?

it's very difficult to compare the previous halving with the one comming in juli 2016. the market cap back then was nothing compared to now. bitcoin's userbase has grown and there is much more merchant adoption. don't think any one knows exactly what will happen.
Activity: 700
I just see halving of block to increase the price of Bitcoin.After halving the minimum price of Bitcoin should be at least 350$ which will be cost effective for miners.So we should expect more high prices than this one.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
up up up
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
Pages:
Jump to: