Pages:
Author

Topic: What are possible scenarios for the block halving? - page 4. (Read 4417 times)

copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
I think the price will go up quite a bit. maybe about 30% or so. but I'm trying to block so many bad thoughts in my mind so who knows.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Less than many are hoping for is my guess.
Activity: 788
Merit: 1000
We could have a new bubble that goes to $1300 again. And then another 2 year bear market.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.
There are two options:

- Something will happen.
- Nothing will happen.

Well, that sums up everything pretty well Tongue

Price will double if demand stays exactly the same. Most likely demand will increase before the halving though.

the price might go up maybe 25%-50% at most a few months before the actual halving. the most interesting thing will happen after the halving has taken place. that's when we know what the real effect is on the price. at this point people can only guess.

What happened after the first halving price wise? I wasn't around back then. Whatever happened then will most likely happen again?

Here see this:
When the first halving in Bitcoin history happened in November 2012, several mining assets were operating already. However, there wasn’t a massive drop in prices just when the halving reduced potential profits by 50%.

Source: http://cryptocoinblog.com/what-is-the-halving-effect-in-bitcoin-mining-investments/
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
There are two options:

- Something will happen.
- Nothing will happen.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Price will double if demand stays exactly the same. Most likely demand will increase before the halving though.

the price might go up maybe 25%-50% at most a few months before the actual halving. the most interesting thing will happen after the halving has taken place. that's when we know what the real effect is on the price. at this point people can only guess.

What happened after the first halving price wise? I wasn't around back then. Whatever happened then will most likely happen again?
legendary
Activity: 896

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012
i thought the same. at-least 150% will go up.
Activity: 432
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.
What things could happen with the btc price when the block halving occurs? will the price go down due to miners cashing out? or will the block chain slow down due to miners shutting off their mining equipment? will the price go up because of less daily bitcoin created? what will likely happen?

IMO, it depends. If everything goes normally and the miners don't shut off their mining equipment, Then the supply of coins will decrease by half.

Less supply + More Demand = Increase in price.

Correct me if i am wrong. Smiley

Edit: I speculate the price to go up at least by 150%
legendary
Activity: 1722
What things could happen with the btc price when the block halving occurs? will the price go down due to miners cashing out? or will the block chain slow down due to miners shutting off their mining equipment? will the price go up because of less daily bitcoin created? what will likely happen?

Bitcoin would only slow down for 2 weeks if miners dropped off in one massive block.

Most people are speculating a price rise.
Activity: 442
1. Why would miners cash out because of halving?
2. Why would blockchain slow down? There will still be one block on 10min.
3. Supply and demand. Currently there is enough demand to keep the price above 230$... With BTC ecosystem growing each day I doubt there will be less demand.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: