Pages:
Author

Topic: What are some disadvantages of BTC? - page 37. (Read 7924 times)

Activity: 337
Merit: 10
October 09, 2017, 11:22:53 AM
Disadvantages

Bitcoins Are Not Widely Accepted
Wallets Can Be Lost
Bitcoin Valuation Fluctuates
No Buyer Protection
Risk of Unknown Technical Flaws
Built in Deflation
No Physical Form
No Valuation Guarantee
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 09, 2017, 11:06:40 AM
Bitcoin valuation fluctuates and no valuation guarantee
Activity: 256
Merit: 36
October 09, 2017, 11:04:49 AM
We all know the advantages of BTC, but what are some of the disadvantages??
Although Btcoin has a lot of advantages. The disadvantages and the ugly side is always there and you cant hide it. Bitcoin is an online money so that the transactions are much easier and if you do not use it carefully you can be fraud of what so ever and you can loss money easily.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
October 09, 2017, 10:59:57 AM
The disadvantage of BTC are flactuation and anonymity. Flactuation because the price of BTC could easily decrease and anonymity because even terrorist can use BTC without being known.
Activity: 322
Merit: 253
October 09, 2017, 10:37:28 AM
I would say the transaction speed of Bitcoin is a big disadvantage to Bitcoin. If you are going to use Bitcoin in the real world, you will need a coin that can offer a quick transaction time, preferably less than oen minute. The other disadvantage is anonymity, if you do not use your coins correctly or use a mixing service, people are going to be able to know how much do you have in Bitcoin. This is where other altcoins such as DeepOnion and XMR takes place in anonymity.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
October 09, 2017, 10:35:13 AM
I think the main disadvantage of bitcoin is it's fluctuating price ....Secondly it can't be used everywhere ..also it's just online use... Transferring money abroad can also cause deflections in main currency .BTC is also not accepted in many places .
Disadvantage of bitcoin is nothing, if its prices goes down one should wait for the time to rise again and then he’ll gain much profit as compare to before.as if the prices goes high then there will be also good advantage for investors, The value of paper currency may decrease but in nowadays the value of bitcoin is increasing day by day which is a good omen and attracting more people to invest and to chance to expand their trade. So the only thing that gives advantages to mankind nowadays is bitcoin.

It's not nothing. There are some problems, slow transfers and always hard fork rumors. These are very negative things.
Activity: 81
October 09, 2017, 10:34:30 AM
I mean, the speed of authentication is slow: not suitable for normal transactions and e-commerce
For secure transactions, each transaction should be validated several times. However, every 10 minutes, if you do not pay enough or less fortune, the waiting time for each authentication can be longer. If you get 6 security checks, you need at least 1 hour. If you only send a few dollars and wait so sure to be bored, because transfer is much faster.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
October 09, 2017, 09:56:10 AM
I think the main disadvantage of bitcoin is it's fluctuating price ....Secondly it can't be used everywhere ..also it's just online use... Transferring money abroad can also cause deflections in main currency .BTC is also not accepted in many places .
Disadvantage of bitcoin is nothing, if its prices goes down one should wait for the time to rise again and then he’ll gain much profit as compare to before.as if the prices goes high then there will be also good advantage for investors, The value of paper currency may decrease but in nowadays the value of bitcoin is increasing day by day which is a good omen and attracting more people to invest and to chance to expand their trade. So the only thing that gives advantages to mankind nowadays is bitcoin.
Activity: 322
October 08, 2017, 10:37:48 AM

BTC has minimal disadvantages but critically are too much to handle. Like offline wallets and online wallets of btc, when you have btc even if it is offline you can access them but you cannot transfer them. Another is it's price fluctuations, although many consider it a good thing because you can earn profit from it the fact that you cannot predict its price rise and fall which is not that stable is considered as a disadvantage if you can't monitor its price 24 hours a day right? See this kind of few things are critical when dealing with bitcoin.
Activity: 186
October 05, 2017, 12:07:44 PM
Bitcoin is very popular these days. Though people see bitcoin is a great tool for complete anonymity. We can't say that it is because every country that accepting bitcoin are now find a way to regulate the usages an it's users. They are now implementing the AML/KYC. Now we should comply with this law in able to use bitcoin freely. Means, you are not completely anonymous since you are required to submit your identification documents to use bitcoin completely like depositing into a bank and converting it into fiat. There are also other disadvantages:

1. People must aware and completely understand what is bitcoin and how it works in able for the to use this technology.
2. Risky because of volatility. Price is very unpredictable because the price is bouncing up and down each day passing by.
3. Can be use by criminals. Hackers are now using this tool for their victims. Over 150 countries were attacked by hackers and ask for ransoms recently. They ask for bitcoin as their ransom. I think biggest crime happen in the internet.

Yes, biggest crimes happen in the internet because nowadays people are always on the internet, they are blinded by its worth and they will do any crimes just to have bitcoins.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
October 05, 2017, 11:48:12 AM
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
October 05, 2017, 06:12:14 AM
I think the weakness of bitcoin is a price that is still not satisfactory for many people every time to make the exchange, but my great hope may be every year the price can continue to increase and more advanced again.
Activity: 779
Merit: 250
October 05, 2017, 06:11:22 AM
if the bitcoin has advantages, then it have disadvantages too. so, correct me if i'm wrong to my idea the disadvantages of bitcoin.let me elaborate it. first, bitcoin is being for the internet only it can't used in the store or market (only some only that accept it) . because of this bitcoin have a limitation in terms of buying things. two , is being on online you need electricity before you access or to used bitcoin. so if have mergency and you don;t have money and you don;t have electricity too, its a serious matter.
Activity: 126
October 05, 2017, 06:05:53 AM
All I can see is that it can be used to buy drugs in the dark web and also for money laundering.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
October 05, 2017, 04:42:39 AM
Many investots are saying that bitcoin is a bubble, or should I say, like a bubble, that keeps getting bigger and bigger but will eventually reach its limit then will suddenly pop, then the time, effort and money that you have spent in bitcoin will turn to nothing. But as much as investors are saying these things, there are still lots of investors and great personalities that are sure and convinced that Bitcoin can't be stopped and will continue on growing.
Bitcoin will not demolish only because of some haters. If this was true that one day bitcoin will disappoint us then the owner of giant Tech company Microsoft, Bill Gates, would not have praised bitcoin and it would not have accepted bitcoin as payment also. Uber and ebay have also allowed its users to use bitcoin for offered services. Bitcoin is just getting started.
Activity: 219
October 05, 2017, 04:40:47 AM
When accepting money, especially for sellers/vendors, due to its volatility can lead to short term or even long term loses in the event of a price crash.

Moreover, the more it is being used, the higher the cost of the transaction fees are, rendering Bitcoin unprofitable for smaller transactions.
Bitcoins are evergreen profiting investment which is green in whole year and it has no such disadvantages at all, it gives huge profits and will make happy to its investors so don’t think like that invest and have faith in bitcoin you’ll get the huge profit and join the caravan of those people who are enjoying their lives by getting profit.
Activity: 172
October 04, 2017, 01:54:07 PM
Unlike the stock exchange market the bitcoin market is highly unstable and it is not being accepted world wide
Rather many countries have banned trading bitcoins
Yep there are many countries who banned bitcoin with in country’s if all country’s accept bitcoin world wiled this good for trade but there big disadvantage of bitcoin. Bitcoin cannot accept many places and countries
Activity: 477
Merit: 501
October 04, 2017, 03:31:10 AM
is a profitable investment, the disadvantage is that prices can go down and rise at any time, meaning there is no price stability. other than that  can be hacked and has no legal body so that it can be used by people in crime.
yes it is a main disadvantage that the price is not stable but also the is a plus point of it because it will help in the term of trading and traders takes benefit from this. if its price goes stable i think it will be biggest disadvantage of it. most of the investors buy it on low price and then sell at high price and get profit through it.
Activity: 1008
October 04, 2017, 02:47:54 AM

the disaadvantage of bitcoin for me i think for now on i can't use directly as a payment in my location but really hoping the bitcoin someday will use any kind of transaction as a payment to buy all needs for the daily life i think this is not possible because the new technology are continue progress the reason is bitcoin is come the new technology as decentralized crypto world.
Yes I think bitcoin has a little bit disadvantage’s like it must be shape or logo or any physical shape the rest of I think its best of the best but as around the world people have a big support to bitcoin so all the user’s want its physical shape and I think after a huge success of bitcoin in high price now it’s a time to be in a physical shape.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
October 03, 2017, 01:32:43 PM
As you already know the advantages of bitcoin, so also most of its advantages could be turn to be the disadvantages. The anonymity of bitcoin is one of the disadvantage, easy to transfer funds internationally could lead to money laundry from one country to another.
Pages:
Jump to: