Pages:
Author

Topic: What are some disadvantages of BTC? - page 40. (Read 7924 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 255
October 02, 2017, 12:14:16 PM
Well the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is that it can die anytime and people who might have invested thousands of dollars can't even do anything about it . But looking at its growth it might it is not possible for Bitcoin to just fall down to zero. So for like w years or so we are safe and need to worry about this. Rest all disadvantages are very small competitively like fees and confirmation time and stuff
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
October 02, 2017, 12:12:14 PM
We all know the advantages of BTC, but what are some of the disadvantages??

Disadvantages may varies per users. If you are talking about general disadvantages then you can check out some articles around like this: https://coinreport.net/coin-101/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-bitcoin/

There are disadvantages that varies per user depends on availability, accessibility and usages. Like example for normal payment, bitcoin needs internet to fully do 100% transaction. It can't work without internet. Another thing is usages of it like normal currencies since no doubt even at this stage, there are only few merchants on a whole that accepts bitcoin as payment method etc.

But always remember that some of the disadvantages isn't lasts forever as development always follows.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
October 02, 2017, 12:11:03 PM

The advantages of bitcoin are also its disadvantages depending on the current situation of the market. Here are some of disadvantages of using bitcoin today:

1. The volatility of bitcoin is a double-edged sword, very unpredictable in its price and might result to a profit/loss on an individual;
2. Its limited supply of 21 million in the market;
3. Some counties ban the usage of bitcoin, resulting to a decrease on potential investors;
4. There are many external factors that can affect its price like the banning of ICOs in China; and
5. Its decentralized nature makes it as a perfect medium under the dark web for illegal transactions.

Those are some of my opinions regarding its disadvantages but the advantages of using bitcoin in the community supersede all of those what I stated. There may be some drawbacks from transacting bitcoin but let us not forget its endless opportunities in the community.
We all know that bitcoin also have disadvantages liks you can't use it in offline store and it has limited supply. In addition to that, bitcoin is still not accepted in other country. Lastly, we all know that the price of bitcoin volatile so that I think it is one of the disadvantages of bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
October 02, 2017, 12:02:03 PM
In my opinion. The disadvatage of bitcoins is its free use of restaurants and other necessities that money is to be paid. Because the bitcoins you say you'll pay are likely to get you mad. Because people do not really know bitcoins yet. Just like what happened to me but it was my intention that the cashier knows the bitcoins.
Why would the cashier know what bitcoin is? Them enough that they will check the amount credited to the account. But I think that the restaurants will use bitcoin once it will make online stores. It is easier to control the price of bitcoin and the owners of the Internet in the subject. They understand what bitcoin is and where it can be applied.
Activity: 532
Merit: 170
October 02, 2017, 12:01:50 PM

I dont see from the weak side. because I'm not sure of the weak side, for me bitcoin is more useful and has properties, not weaknesses. that's what I think.
Activity: 150
October 02, 2017, 11:50:44 AM

Bitcoin can't be used like official currency for a country or even to pay regular employee due to high volatility.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
October 02, 2017, 11:49:41 AM
In my opinion. The disadvatage of bitcoins is its free use of restaurants and other necessities that money is to be paid. Because the bitcoins you say you'll pay are likely to get you mad. Because people do not really know bitcoins yet. Just like what happened to me but it was my intention that the cashier knows the bitcoins.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
October 02, 2017, 11:43:36 AM
I remember that there were a few topics that talked about this issue but you may not have noticed. Beside the great advantages Bitcoin has its drawbacks. Bitcoin's biggest limitation at the moment is probably the slower pace of the transaction and the fee are still high, despite the reforms, but it does not change much. Bitcoin prices are often volatile, which is unavoidable because it is one of the characteristics of electronic money. One more thing, Bitcoin is increasingly becoming the target of criminals, especially cybercriminals. Bitcoin has an uncontrolled form of trading that should be used by many groups, organizations and criminals using this currency as a transaction method and extortion
Activity: 169
October 02, 2017, 11:34:42 AM
There are many advantages of bitcoins but with some advantages bitcoins also has many disadvantages .
One of the main disadvantage of bitcoin is that its mining takes a lot of time . Bitcoins have a limited stock of 21 million , the limit makes it a bit rigid . The influence of ban of bitcoins in some part of the world leads to a negative impact which decreases its value leading to loss for the investors . While investing the investors has no Buyer Protection . If the computer system catches and the data is lost there is a risk of losing details of the wallets . So all these are some disadvantages of bitcoiins.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 845
October 02, 2017, 11:23:23 AM
When accepting money, especially for sellers/vendors, due to its volatility can lead to short term or even long term loses in the event of a price crash.

Moreover, the more it is being used, the higher the cost of the transaction fees are, rendering Bitcoin unprofitable for smaller transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
October 02, 2017, 11:10:01 AM
To me, the biggest advantage that attracted me to BTC was the fake that it takes back the power of money back into the hands of citizens, it is a currency for the people, by the people. It cannot be manipulated the same as fiat money can.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
October 02, 2017, 11:08:05 AM
Bitcoin has quite a few disadvantages.
Some would be the Block generating rate of 1 per 10 Minutes. This in Addition to 1mb blocksize leads to higher fees and longer confirmation time.
And, for me, i Dont like the Bad Reputation of BTC, how it is associated with drug Dealers and hitmen.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
October 02, 2017, 10:53:24 AM
disadvantage of bitcoin is that its price is not stable, not fixed and we are not sure about when it will dump or pump. we can also say that anonymous people who used it to illegal things will not be identified.
Activity: 224
October 02, 2017, 10:34:14 AM
well there are no perfect thing in the world with advantages will come disadvantages. and the disadvantage of bitcoin is bitcoin is anonymouse and bad people can use it to make found to their activity like buying some drugs maybe or guns?? or even funding the terrorist. no one knows. that the main disadvantage of bitcoi according to me
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
October 02, 2017, 10:29:12 AM
In fact, bitcoins have a lot of shortcomings. But the main drawback in my opinion is the need to constantly perform transactions on the exchange of bitcoins for Fiat. We can't spend our coins directly. It makes us and the bitcoin vulnerable to governments .
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
October 02, 2017, 10:23:55 AM
Bitcoin is highly praised for its feature but with that it also has many disadvantages like, there is no buyer protection if when good are bought using Bitcoin then if seller fails to deliver the promised goods you can’t reserve the action. Other than this there are also many drawbacks like it is highly volatile, no physical form, wallets can be hacked and much more.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
October 02, 2017, 10:21:54 AM
Bitcoin only relies on technology. Without the recommended devices and equipments, you are not be able to use or spend it. Internet, device and electricity. These are the things you need to have to use bitcoin. So without technology stuffs, it's worthless. It's not like cash which you can spend without any tech stuffs. It's not ideal for everyday usage because you have to pay for fees for every transactions you've made. The speed of the transaction depends on the fee you enter. The expensive, the faster. One more thing, there only few shops or establishments which are accepting bitcoin. Most of them are online and has only limited product offered. You have to convert it to cash to buy everything.
Activity: 618
October 02, 2017, 10:00:28 AM
all things has an advantage and disadvantage there's no perfect thing. and i think its disadvantage its being in the online courrencies. because if one time that you need to access the internet and if you have no electricity. then its difficult to used bitcoin and the other is all people will not know about it. and the one of the disadvantage of bitcoin also is being not recignizable because if its not recognizable people don't know what bitcoin and how can they used
Activity: 406
October 02, 2017, 09:53:52 AM

There are indeed few disadvantages of bitcoin along with its advantages. Firstly, bitcoin transactions are not instant and requires a high amount of network fees to get confirmed. An average bitcoin transaction takes about 30 minutes to confirm. Which make bitcoin not usable in our daily spending. Imagine, waiting for 30 minutes, before you buy a cup of coffee. So fiat money is more practical for daily expenses instead of bitcoin.

However, having said that, bitcoin is a great investment asset. With increasing number of people getting interested about bitcoin on a daily basis. Bitcoin price is already sky rocketing. IT holds a lot of potential for the future.
Activity: 291
https://icoenergy.org/
October 02, 2017, 09:47:55 AM
for the only only disadvantage of bitcoin is its volatility, we doesn't know what will happen to bitcoin in the future and it might go down
Pages:
Jump to: