Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the 3 thing you look for in an ICO? - page 4. (Read 6305 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
reasonableness

usability and future planning

and the reality of people's comments

these 3 things are very important to me.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
1) real product
2) real people in the team ( wiht links , guys! there are no people who don't use social media now. so pleaseeee)
3) realistic plan of ICO
Activity: 162
1. Viability and uniqueness of the idea
2. Good professional team
3. Style of communication - if I see that the team does not make announcements, does not pay bounty and does not answer questions - I'm leaving
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
I look for :-

- The concept - Do they need an altcoin and does it make sense?
- The team - Not just developers, but also the rest of the team
- The whitepaper - This is the general plan of the company, and if this doesn't make sense it is red flags.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
This is a good question. Well I would be looking for the following..
Objective - I prefer investing in an ICO where in they have a positive project that would benefit not just the Industry but also the members or users.
Realistic- an objective of a project must be achieved or can be achieved. Making or building a project must not only promise but also be implemented.
Team- the team will make everything possible with good character, attitude towards their goal. A good team will make the project as realistic as possible. And their effectiveness will reflect on the project itself to success.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
As the question reads.  For me:

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  The team - Size and experience.
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

The three things that I look for an ICO are the following. First the Website where we could see almost anything about the project specially the ideas, it's mission and vision. Second is the team where we could see their achievements or experiences in terms of dealing with a specific project. Third is the roadmap where we can see their future plans and updates regarding the projects status. But yeah we have different styles and perception so much better to stick with our standards or maybe we have to do a lot of research about the project and get an advice from higher ranks that has a lot of experience in dealing with ICO's and they might tell us on what are the do's and don'ts.
Activity: 749
Merit: 503
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
According to me three things should be - 1. reliability 2 public profile 3 team size.  If the company is reliable than its public profile  will be good in the community and its team size and work automatically increases.I think this three things are must for ICO.

That's right, the most important is public profile. If the devs of an ICO project used fake profile and want to lie us, I do not think I will invest into a project like that, because only the faith they still can not give us, how to develop their project?
Activity: 704
Merit: 500

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

The three things are look for in an ICO are :

IDEA- a project based on a unique idea has a higher potential than a project based upon a copied idea. the chances of growth are also high for a project based upon unique idea.

TEAM - a strong and experienced team will spend your invested money wisely and will try to ensure that the project is successful.

WORKING PRODUCT - a working product helps you to judge of the project is legit or not.
Activity: 97
Connection, Team and hardcap. But having connection to get user adoption is a must.
jlp
Activity: 266
Merit: 264
When looking at ICOs, read:

There are 3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/3-kinds-of-icos-protect-yourself-2243157
Activity: 322
Concept, management and the strategy of the ico. If the ico is more on just their promising ideas but lack of strategy and good management, they will not reach success. Same goes with failed  management.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
I completely agree with op’s statement over that I will look into solution provided by the project for real world problem. And also I will look for competitor and potentiality for the returns last but the least I will mostly look into working product or already proven organisation.
Activity: 490
According to me three things should be - 1. reliability 2 public profile 3 team size.  If the company is reliable than its public profile  will be good in the community and its team size and work automatically increases.I think this three things are must for ICO.

Activity: 588
Merit: 104
Their team, if they are anonymous or not; if they are fake or not, did they have good experiences or not.
I check if the project is innovative enough or not.
Quantity and distributions of their tokens how much they take for theirselves.
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
At this moment there is lot of ico out there. But find a good quality ico is really tough work. But if we attention some points like solid white paper, strong team, magnificent website, believable concept then we can also find a great ico.
Activity: 164
1. S O L I D team or some form of credibility with past ventures

2. Idea: it has to be a good, applicable idea

3. Proof of concept

So far, my favorite ICO's that fall into these criteria are Civic and UnikoinGold. Strong teams and lots of execution.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

Hear people! This a good list for ICO investors. Especially to the ones asking how to gauge whether the ICO is worth investing or not. This entails a good deal of time and effort though. That is why ICO investment needs a serious effort before being done finally. Better than safe than sorry, so it is always worth it to undergo all these investigations.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
What are the 3 thing you look for in an ICO?

1. No ICO
2. No ICO
3. No ICO

;-)
Activity: 153
1. Catchy name : An ICO having a catchy name makes it interesting.
2. Good amount of stakes that will receive : When there is a good amount, it makes you work harder.
3. Good concept : If an ICO has a good concept, it is a sure success.
Activity: 226
For me my three are:-

- The concept - Do they need an altcoin? or are they just doing it for an ICO?

- The team - Developers, their experience, the CEO and how big and strong the team is in all aspects. I feel that people focus too much on the developers and miss off the CEO, marketers etc. A developer can create the next best thing, but if they do not have the team to steer it or sell it, It won't get far.

- Whitepaper - Check numbers, roadmap, how it works. If the whitepaper misses anything it looks a little shady. They should be completely transparent.

Bonus

- Their social media presence - Creating their own content, growing it organically and connecting with the public.
Pages:
Jump to: