Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the 3 thing you look for in an ICO? - page 7. (Read 6305 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
September 13, 2017, 09:21:01 AM
Hi Guys,

Check this topic:

The second ICO our of Korea is coming soon (BOScoin was the first). DAYLI Financial Group (formerly Yello Finance Group) is preparing to launch a coin called ICON. The site was opened on the 2nd. Of all things, the Korea version of the Whitepaper attracted me the most, and after reading through, I felt the company was well prepared.

ICON is an interconnecting blockchain network. ICON can connect independent blockchains without the use of additional third-party intermediaries. Various blockchains can communicate with each other through the ICON platform. By connecting siloed blockchains, ICON aims to become the largest blockchain in existence.

ICON tokens are named ICX. ICX is used as an intermediary currency when transacting amongst the various blockchain networks. As an inter-chain blockchain, the ICON platform will be able to host other ICOs on the ICON platform.

The ICON ICO will be the largest ICO in Korea. Overall, ICON aims to raise $44M over the span of 2 weeks. The ICO starts on October 20th, 2017 and ends on November 3rd, 2017. ICON will distribute 400,230,000 ICX which can only be exchanged with Ethereum (ETH). 1 ETH has a conversion rate of 2,500 ICX (1 ETH = 2,500 ICX).

https://icon.foundation/en/

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
September 13, 2017, 08:45:31 AM
I only check one thing before I buy an ICO... if Paris Hilton is buying Huh
Grin
I will definitely avoid to involve into the ICO which the presidents of the TOP countries proclaims to be the best to invest to Smiley)
Activity: 54
September 13, 2017, 08:16:25 AM
I would take into consideration the following things:
1) a solid whitepaper coherent with a product itself;
2) its low risk rating and high investment profile;
3) its potential value for customers and other interested parties in general.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
September 09, 2017, 09:46:55 AM
lol. I just check how many people had invested in this ICO. Cheesy then buy.

This is actually not the right criteria if people are buying so let buy. Its always good for everyone to due their due diligence before investing in any of those coins. Many numbers or people will of their own and not outsider and it could be easy trap considering every one is investing.

I prefer to check the team involved, their whitepaper report and their future growth prospects.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE
September 09, 2017, 09:37:05 AM

Paris Hilton is involved in a new ICO related to ad fraud.
Activity: 379
September 09, 2017, 01:01:45 AM
lol. I just check how many people had invested in this ICO. Cheesy then buy.
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor
September 08, 2017, 11:00:09 PM
As the question reads.  For me:

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  The team - Size and experience.
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

Thanks for this list, mate! This is a very good checklist that everyone should learn to check before joining or investing any ICO. Innovation is one key. Otherwise, if you end up investing in an ICO which is mostly similar to a project that had just finished their own ICO, there is a probability that it won't sell as quick. The reason is that it might be construed as a simple copy.
Activity: 63
September 08, 2017, 10:53:43 PM
Activity: 252
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
September 08, 2017, 10:50:21 PM
1. dev information
2. their vision
3. their hard cap
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
September 08, 2017, 10:23:49 PM
The 3 things I look for from ICO are that 1. profitable, 2. learn, 3. get token. that's the 3 things I love about ICO.
Since people are thinking in investing in icos it makes sense they are looking for something that makes them money but at the same time that is the most difficult thing to find, since there are many coins that are not worth a thing but that some pump groups decide to buy, and even if you invested in a coin without any technical merit you could earn money, but you could be left with the impression that you have some kind of great insight that you do not have, you were just lucky.
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 08, 2017, 04:42:31 PM
For me i look at team, social media and techonology that they want to provide, but mostly there was more factores that you need to look at before you invest in to ICO's really important is the techonolgy and the realisation at White paper almost all of the good projects they have a nice described token realisation
Activity: 37
September 08, 2017, 04:28:53 PM
The team, the vision and the market in no specific order.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
September 08, 2017, 04:03:14 PM
First i look team members and project reallyty then i look marketing strategy. If marketing budget is more then normal its a red flag for me.
Then if ICO has refferal system i stay away from them. All ponzi schemes has referral system.
Also presale or softcap is a nice indicator for a successful ico
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
September 08, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

I think this is the truth that we always see these three things mostly .
Here the first point in the OP post that the vision/concept that should be unique , if the concept of the new project will be like the old then i don't think it will be better option to have that coin .
And Second factor of the better team work and also experienced team work because the activities by the team shows that what they are doing and also increasing the popularity by taking part about the coin news .
And the last factor about the coin is use at different different platforms . Here I can give the example of the ATC coin , and i found that coin was listed at 4-5 shopping sites and also the team of the this coin making new new payment options , so this coin now jumped to about 60×times , so here you can expect that how much these things have more importance in our life of trading and investment work .
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 08, 2017, 03:00:29 PM
I think the vision, purpose and team are the most vital. so you should be able to choose it sharply.
Activity: 104
Highest ROI crypto infrastructure
September 08, 2017, 02:54:01 PM
First of all the team. I start research about each team member. After that i read the whitepaper to check the idea and the form. Also the website should look professional.
Activity: 150
Merit: 110
September 08, 2017, 02:49:13 PM
we can count basically;
Good, usefull original idea and project.
Experienced and successful team
Realistic and exact whitepaper + general desing
but except those, there are so many things should be exist an ICO.
Activity: 322
Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE
September 08, 2017, 11:51:08 AM
Those are very good points:

(1) Is it easy to understand? A lot of bad ICOs hide behind vague and technical mumbo-jumbo. There's no excuse for this.

(2) Team: Have they built any other tech products? Where are they based? Will they suffer real consequences if it's a scam?

Quite often, I don't understand their technical mumbo-jumbo, and I've worked in the technology industry for many years.

Some ICO teams are in countries that are corrupt. So, don't expect their governments to help you out if the team members are corrupt.  You also have to wonder if the country's culture of corruption is representative of the people in the country.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
September 08, 2017, 11:46:45 AM

• I look for any real life effect of the money raised like launching a app , a business or anything which has a affect on the physical world and not only on bitcoin world [...].
• I also look of their past history and their existence in the real world weather all the claims they are making is true or false

I like the way you think. I've seen too many ICOs I just can't believe someone could invest in the claims made.
Activity: 44
September 08, 2017, 11:00:46 AM

These are good basic things to lookup.
Personally, I check for 2nd degree data.
 -What is the history of the peoples involved. Sometimes you find bogus dev, then it's a big no-no.
 -Is it a cloned coin/tech : ex: ZEN -> ZEC, PASL -> PASC. Big no-no
 -Is the whitepaper bullshitt based. AKA if you're reading the white paper or the website and it feel more like an car/appliance adds, big no-no
 -Is it backed by knowledgable peoples. aka KyberNetwork is backed by Vitalik -> Big YES-YES !

good luck
Pages:
Jump to: