Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the Best Anonymous VPN Services? [VPN REVIEWS 2017] - page 2. (Read 1241 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Also don't forget the fact that PIA is a US-based company..

IPVanish says for example that they own and have physical control over their entire operational infrastructure, including the servers, unlike Unlike many other VPN services.

But there is one point I don't understand. We are saying "Be careful with US-based VPN Providers". At the same time, it's said:
the US, one of the few countries that do not have a mandatory data retention policy.
Taken from this page:

Can someone explain me this please? It's really confusing.

The US is actually a good place to run a no-log VPN service. Legally, many other countries mandate VPN providers to log some information about their users. This is not the case in the US. One can more likely trust a US company that says they don't log, because legally they can get away with it. This was proven by the case last year, where PIA was unable to provide any information about a suspected hoaxer except for his/her general location of Southern California (many millions of people).

Just like you need to trust companies that say they don't log, you need to trust companies at their word that they actually control their infrastructure. At least in the case of PIA, we know they were not logging IP addresses as of last year and they are not legally mandated to.
Activity: 699
Merit: 274
Crypto Currency Exchange, IPTV, AWS
As a VPN Accounts Reseller, I tested a lot of VPN providers and I found out that 90% of them rely in many countries to the same Server Providers. The question now would be, can they really guarantee your anonymity if they don't control the infrastructures?
In opposite to IPVanish which has its own infrastructure worldwide.
What is still better?
Activity: 318
Merit: 108
I use Ivacy. Excellent service.
Private Internet Access is my go-to VPN. They are reputable and the service is excellent, with a wide variety of servers to choose from around the globe. They do not keep logs, and this was tested in an FBI case last year: https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/

Well, PIA is a TorrentFreak sponsor and PIA they keep somehow some logs, but these logs can't be traced back to the user If he used some anonymous payment methods like BTC. Meaning, if this guy had used payment method that could potentially link back to him, then they would have had, may be some evidence.
I think, all these providers outside USA do the same?
Also even those in USA like IPVanish, they might rely on other providers in other countries, how to be sure that these providers (colocation space etc..) don't keep logs as they might be in juridiction where it's a MUST. I mean, let's forget where the VPN provider is "sitting", and think about the countries where they rent these servers.
Also don't forget the fact that PIA is a US-based company..

IPVanish says for example that they own and have physical control over their entire operational infrastructure, including the servers, unlike Unlike many other VPN services.

But there is one point I don't understand. We are saying "Be careful with US-based VPN Providers". At the same time, it's said:
the US, one of the few countries that do not have a mandatory data retention policy.
Taken from this page:

Can someone explain me this please? It's really confusing.

Private Internet Access is my go-to VPN. They are reputable and the service is excellent, with a wide variety of servers to choose from around the globe. They do not keep logs, and this was tested in an FBI case last year: https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/

Interesting article. I'm reading it.
What about AirVPN, ExpressVPN, NordVPN, PureVPN they have also very good reputation.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251

Service runs $6.95/month, but is $3.33/month if you sign up for 12 months of service. I've been using them for years, and I highly recommend them.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Guys, what are the Best Anonymous VPN Services for you?

Sometimes if I want to use VPN, I use Zenmate for Desktop and my Android phone, very comfortable to use and simple..
Guys, what are the Best Anonymous VPN Services for you?
There are so many VPN Services these days so that it becomes difficult to choose which VPN provider to go with.

Guys, what is your experience with the different VPN Service providers?

1- What is the best VPN service for you? and why?

2- What about Usability?

3- What about Security?

4- What about Anonymity? (example Zero-log policy)

5- Any proven Zero-log policy available? (if Yes, please add an external link as reference)

6- Why do you "trust" this provider?

7- Which one is offering:
    A) the best VPN for torrenting
    B) the best vpn for android
    B) the best vpn for iOS
    C) the best vpn router?

8- The best vpn for China?

9- When Using VPN, which Protocol(s) are you using and Why? (for example IPSec, L2TP, etc...)

10- Finally, what do you think about their (current) pricing?

Please be consistent and structured in your reply. You don't have to reply to all questions, and feel free to add more information if you have.

Pages:
Jump to: