Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the best replacement for RX 480 / 470s for Ether Mining? - page 2. (Read 2439 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
So finally I went ahead with Zotac GTX 1060 3 GBs.

Created 2 new rigs of 5 cards each.

Using claymore miner and stock settings, each card gives ~18.5 MH/s.

The best thing about this card is the power usage, I have both the rigs using ANTEC 750 Watts supplies and are doing good. Tough the GPU-Z, for some reasons, would show the power consumption in % of TDP, I believe that the cards are taking no more than 70-75 watts each.

My previous 2 rigs with 5 x RX 480 each, needed additional PSUs as each card was consuming ~95 watts, and one of them, for some reasons, 125W.

Any suggestions towards increasing the MH/s for 1060s?

Yes, stop mining ETH like someone said before and mine ZEC instead.

That is right. For the nvidia cards, it is better to mine zec.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

The best thing about this card is the power usage, I have both the rigs using ANTEC 750 Watts supplies and are doing good. Tough the GPU-Z, for some reasons, would show the power consumption in % of TDP, I believe that the cards are taking no more than 70-75 watts each.

My previous 2 rigs with 5 x RX 480 each, needed additional PSUs as each card was consuming ~95 watts, and one of them, for some reasons, 125W.

Yes, stop mining ETH like someone said before and mine ZEC instead.
Activity: 56

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Mixing AMD and NVidia on the same machine is pretty easy to do under Windows - it's one of the VERY rare things Windows does better than LINUX.

Stability takes a hit, but it DOES work.

works well and is virtually painless under windows 10  Smiley

windows 7 is different beast all together   Cry

Nope - I find mixed rigs under 7 to be MORE stable than 10 - though not by a lot - and NO more difficult to set up.

Mining ETH on a 1070 is not a real good choice - ZEC would be a better choice, some of the smaller-cap coins better yet, under current conditions (skein and groetsl based coins like DGB have been VERY nice most of the last couple weeks).

29 Mh/sec on ETH out of a 1070 is reasonable, but 90 watts would need better-than-average memory to achieve.

400+ sol/sec on ZEC out of a 1070 is trivial using EBWF miner, and you probably can get there with some tweeking on under 100 watts.

Activity: 703
Merit: 272
Mixing AMD and NVidia on the same machine is pretty easy to do under Windows - it's one of the VERY rare things Windows does better than LINUX.

works well and is virtually painless under windows 10  Smiley

windows 7 is different beast all together   Cry
How about GTX 1070, I read on one of the forums that it produces 29 MHs @ 90 Watts. Should I go ahead and add a couple of 1070s to the rig, or would you suggest 1060s?

• Considering the fact that 1070's cost a little less than double of 1060's
  • If 1060's, would 3 GB make sense or would it lag far behind the 6 GB version
  • Out of MSI / ASUS / GAINWARD / ZOTAC, which one should be preferred
  • How different would be the OC versions and Gaming X versions
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
570/580
That Troll Cheesy

You need to wait about 2-3 weeks to be again in stock.
1060 has lower hashes, 23-24MH/s I think look at benchmarks, but better power consumption.
570/580

Running out of stock almost everywhere Sad and if available, are overpriced.
Activity: 53
With RX 480/470s vanishing from the entire globe, I wonder what could be the best alternative in terms of hardware cost, power consumption and Hashing rate?

Moreover as most of us would be using the RXs, what could be a compatible GPU, to add to existing rig with RX 480s.

Could GTX1060 sit comfortably with RX480s on windows 7?
Pages:
Jump to: