Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the requirements to be "Escrow"? - page 3. (Read 2586 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
February 27, 2017, 10:14:56 AM
You have to be trusted is the only qualifier. The people who are most used for Escrow have been here for years, done dozens of trades and have built up a decent reputation around the forum. Even then, people have abused their position of Escrow and stolen money, so you should still be wary. I don't think there are any official Escrow titles, as that would imply they are endorsed by the forum. Very few escrows are actually needed and all the deals could probably be handled by less than 10 organised people.

Are the identities of these people known? So you know who the real person is? (Social media accounts, phone number etc.)
As far as I know, many people hang out here anonymously. As you said, even people who are 100% safe can make a lot of mistakes for bitcoin.
No there identities are not usually known and it is not required.
Escrow are usually members who have proved their integrity by doing various fair trades here.
It is based on a trust system.With time and continuous fair deals the get lots of positive trust (numbers shown in green below their username) making their account valuable.
For example if someone's account is worth 1 btc due to all good rep he has,he would obviously not scam anyone for say 0.5 btc.
This is not to say that he will cheat for more than 1 btc Cheesy
The point here is that an escrow is safe for an amount his account is worth of.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
February 27, 2017, 07:38:48 AM
I see people working as "Escrow" in the forum. These people work like a kind of brokerage house in their bitcoin payments. And they get commission from the transactions made. I know that reliability is very important for this.

But who gives the title "Escrow"? Is there anyone authorized for this job?

There's no official/authorized job, from what I know. All they need is a highly trusted Bitcointalk account.
The idea is that such account worth a lot (if somebody would sell that, heh). They do this to help the community, not only to earn some money. But if they screw it up, they'll get negative trust and their reputation and account will worth nothing.

There are sites that work like escrow (I've heard of bitrated, never tried it out yet), but for now I would still trust more the established escrows from this forum.

Can you share sites that are running as Escrow?

For escrow we need companies that are really corporate identity. I mean, companies need to do this job legally on a legal ground. People are more comfortable when the company's identity and employees are known.
February 27, 2017, 07:28:41 AM
You have to be trusted is the only qualifier. The people who are most used for Escrow have been here for years, done dozens of trades and have built up a decent reputation around the forum. Even then, people have abused their position of Escrow and stolen money, so you should still be wary. I don't think there are any official Escrow titles, as that would imply they are endorsed by the forum. Very few escrows are actually needed and all the deals could probably be handled by less than 10 organised people.

Are the identities of these people known? So you know who the real person is? (Social media accounts, phone number etc.)
As far as I know, many people hang out here anonymously. As you said, even people who are 100% safe can make a lot of mistakes for bitcoin.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 502
February 27, 2017, 06:54:35 AM
Everyone is authorized to be a escrow but if you offering escrow service you must be a trusted one and you must be responsible to every transaction that you involved.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 27, 2017, 06:50:54 AM
Just look at my account if you still didnt get your answer  Grin  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
February 27, 2017, 06:47:45 AM
I see people working as "Escrow" in the forum. These people work like a kind of brokerage house in their bitcoin payments. And they get commission from the transactions made. I know that reliability is very important for this.

There's no official/authorized job, from what I know. All they need is a highly trusted Bitcointalk account.
The idea is that such account worth a lot (if somebody would sell that, heh). They do this to help the community, not only to earn some money. But if they screw it up, they'll get negative trust and their reputation and account will worth nothing.

There are sites that work like escrow (I've heard of bitrated, never tried it out yet), but for now I would still trust more the established escrows from this forum.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
February 27, 2017, 06:46:53 AM
February 27, 2017, 06:38:33 AM

Pages:
Jump to: