Pages:
Author

Topic: What are we expecting between now and Bitcoin halving? - page 5. (Read 611 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
I expect price rises, with normal volatility of course, but before halving I don't expect the previous ath to be beaten, I don't think the price will go above $60,000. That has not happened so far in any cycle but could change with the moderation of rate hikes, and even likely downgrade and the more than likely approval of spot ETFs in the USA. History need not repeat itself. In any case, if the historical upward regularity is broken, I would not mind at all.
Activity: 119
Merit: 0
no ETF in 2023
no super pump in 2023

lets just allow december to pass where corporations can dodge their taxes by claiming losses.. and start afresh for 2024. then the price will start to go up

I totally agree with you but I think btc will crash sometime before start new ath pump in 2025 .
Activity: 1330
Merit: 687
Arts & Crypto
First bull run coming up for me and after seeing the price of Bitcoin rally in the last few months particularly it is getting me somewhat excited for what is to come over the next few years.

I am just wondering what we are all expecting between now and the Bitcoin halving in April next year. Is it going to be a steady climb till then or is there usually a crash of some kind?

Up until now I have just been buying throughout the bear market and not sold anything , my portfolio is currently 26% in profit which I am happy with but wondering if I should keep holding till past the bull run or take some profits now.

I think the phenomenon of Bitcoin halving has become too much anticipated by the public. You can always make money on something unexpected, for example, bitcoin itself was previously not interesting to anyone, and now those who invested in it are reaping the benefits. But now you can't come with $1,000 and buy it. It's the same with halving - too many people know about the correlation of halving and the price of bitcoin.

Therefore, there will be no growth of bitcoin during this period - rather, on the contrary, the market will surprise everyone.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 292
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
There are so many different events in 2023, and everything that is going on makes me personally feel that the market fluctuations are always interesting, going through many different stages, that I feel grateful that the market is giving me more patience. Maybe next year, expectations will be pushed up and attention drawn to the halving event as an excuse to help the issues surrounding it impact and, at the same time make Bitcoin reach its highest, most recent targets. In Jan 2024 the ETF event that everyone is paying attention to will bring what I think is a very exciting atmosphere.
Activity: 728
Merit: 512
I am just wondering what we are all expecting between now and the Bitcoin halving in April next year. Is it going to be a steady climb till then or is there usually a crash of some kind?
At this point now with all the good news we are getting all projecting towards 2024 I think everyone now is accumulating heavily against that time of the year when the halving will start because it's going to be a massive high for bitcoin and I won't be shocked the price hits $100k+. I don't know how you mean by a crash but from all indications 2024 it's a year for a bullrun so a crash isn't visible from my own lens.

Up until now I have just been buying throughout the bear market and not sold anything , my portfolio is currently 26% in profit which I am happy with but wondering if I should keep holding till past the bull run or take some profits now.
Lucky you stepping in just in time to the halving, 26% isn't that much still not bad for a person that had just started not quite long. I have always said bitcoin accumulation is not a competition and people should always accumulate based on their financial strength.

You should have gotten a plan before starting off, was it a long term like 2-4 years plan or below. It's with a plan that you can know how to go about with your investment on when to take profit or not. So think again mate.
Activity: 644
Merit: 591
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
First bull run coming up for me and after seeing the price of Bitcoin rally in the last few months particularly it is getting me somewhat excited for what is to come over the next few years. 

You are still lucky that you are enjoying current bull run as still there are large part of people don't knows about btc. I have seen 2 or more btc bulls and the first one was one where excitement was more than other bullsm market.

No one could say surely what will happen but you can check the one week chart which will tell you that btc movement will not be parabolic and we may see many up and down before reaching ATH. Generally December end and first two weeks of January are not good for btc and possibly we can see one dip to 37k and then hopefully the journey to 70k

I will suggest to hold it as 26% is not such a profit we say that it's time for exit. it's time for buying and no need to worry if btc dumps as you have an opportunity to buy more for big bull season. it is just start of bull season .
Activity: 496
Merit: 252
I am feeling good vibes for the market in 2024. Hope things goes good and we can see another ATH.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
no ETF in 2023
no super pump in 2023

lets just allow december to pass where corporations can dodge their taxes by claiming losses.. and start afresh for 2024. then the price will start to go up
Activity: 882
Merit: 290
You already knew about estimation for a halving time, April and I don't need to share a Bitcoin halving countdown for you.

The most anticipated events till the halving is Bitcoin Spot ETF applications, deadlines to know those applications will be approved or rejected by SEC.

Bitcoin Spot ETF key dates to watch

The market was pumped a lot recent months because people believed SEC will have to approve Bitcoin Spot ETFs under pressure. Market will be dumped very hard if SEC. won't do this.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 3612
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
If you look at the next two years, everyone expects the price to rise, but do not expect a far upward curve, meaning do not expect the price to rise more than 4 times the current price, and for the bottom of the coming years to be a point close to the current price, in the range of $50,000.
Therefore, set your calculations for the long term and try to sell at a point between $100,000 and $150,000, and do not be greedy for more than that.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574

Pre-halving? we might post $50k or higher?

Post-halving? after the first couple of weeks, maybe it will be just a slow increase in price. But after that, the whole 2024, could be one of the biggest run and it will continue till 2025. Specially that we have some news that is going to be massive, and that is the approval of Bitcoin Spot ETF, maybe it will be next year.

So for me, I wouldn't be surprised to see the price hitting 6 digits minimum, meaning $100k.
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
I'm waiting for the ETF. I believe that BTC will pump there a lot, not sure about hitting a new ATH. But I'm not planning to sell it yet anyway.
Activity: 238
Merit: 494
Siga sempre em frente! always move forward!
I'm just going to start thinking about making a sale in the 100k USD price range, anything before that I have no interest in selling.

I can give you an opinion, look at the charts from the past, obviously it doesn't mean it will happen in the future, but considering the history of bitcoin selling now would be like failing to take advantage of the entire bull run.

Be patient and let time work in your favor.
Activity: 573
Merit: 25

Pages:
Jump to: