Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your favorite trading movies? - page 2. (Read 288 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 215
August 23, 2019, 05:08:39 PM
What class would you put trading movie. Action, comedy, romance or what?  I would actually not be interested though because movies are fiction and not reality so the trading strategies there might not be so helpful in the real world
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
August 23, 2019, 05:08:27 PM
The Wolf of Wall Street
Margin Call

So far these are the trading movies that i had watched.You can really tangle yourself on what you are watching if you are a trader or investor. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
August 23, 2019, 04:21:41 PM
Boiler Room (story about a pink sheet brokering scam) and Margin Call (Wall street firm on the brink of disaster in 2008) are old favorites of mine.

If you're interested in documentaries, Trader is an interesting one. It follows futures trader Paul Tudor Jones in the run-up to the 1987 crash and shows him at his best and worst.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
August 23, 2019, 02:55:50 PM
Does anybody have any awesome movie recommendations related to trading? These are the ones I've watched and really enjoyed

Trading Places
Wall Street & Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
Boiler Room
Rogue Trader
Trader (Paul Tudor Jones)
The Big Short
The Wolf of Wall Street

I think I've watched each one at least three times! if you have any others you suggest please let me know!
Never ever in my life on seeing some trading movies.I do see gambling ones but not trade ones.
Thanks up for the list and i might consider on watching or took a peek with these line ups.
I'll go back to this thread and put my insights.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
August 23, 2019, 09:29:17 AM
Does anybody have any awesome movie recommendations related to trading? These are the ones I've watched and really enjoyed

Trading Places
Boiler Room
Rogue Trader
The Big Short
The Wolf of Wall Street

I think I've watched each one at least three times! if you have any others you suggest please let me know!

The only movie I watched was " The Hacker " then the second was I don't know what the title is but its all about trading were trader has been
involved in a syndicate. It was a Korean movie something like that. But at the above title I don't have any idea about the movies you
mentioned.
Activity: 236
Merit: 1
August 23, 2019, 07:49:08 AM
Wow, that is a pretty nice list of movies based on trading. I watched all these movies but My most favorite one is "The Wolf of the wall street" I just love this movie, it's amazing.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
August 22, 2019, 07:48:41 PM
I have never watched a movie about trade, but I have received a film recommendation about bitcoin.
good recommendations, and at the moment I know a movie that a trader should watch.
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
August 22, 2019, 02:54:44 PM

Trading Places
Boiler Room
Rogue Trader
The Big Short
The Wolf of Wall Street

Pages:
Jump to: