Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your picks for "sleeper" coins? - page 3. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250
February 10, 2015, 06:23:40 PM
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
February 10, 2015, 08:44:48 AM
kore
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
February 08, 2015, 02:03:43 AM
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
I am not Dorian Nakamoto.
February 08, 2015, 01:45:31 AM
I think NEM is probably the best pick for the next big thing  Cheesy

There are many unique features that are new to NEM, such as:

- first use of Proof-of-Importance (PoI) as a consensus algorithm
- first use of eigentrust++ in a cryptocurrency for securing the P2P network
- encrypted messaging
- first use of remote (proxy) harvesting (harvesting is our analog of mining)
- first use of transaction spam protection
- first crypto with an address book on launch
- first crypto with multisig on launch
- first crypto with 1oz 999 pure silver coin to be minted at the Perth Mint, given to every stakeholder (along with matching assets, essentially creating a silver-backed currency in addition to the main currency, XEM)
- first crypto with an egalitarian distribution to over 1500 individuals
- 4 exchanges confirmed to add NEM at launch (BTER, Poloniex, Bittrex, and BTC38)
- NEM Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO; https://forum.nemcoin.com/ideas/nem-community-fund-(aka-nemtopia)/) for managing a community fund where everyone can vote and voting is based on importance scores (used as a part of PoI)
- open source client (https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient) and future open sourcing of the core server
- test-driven development with over 3000 unit tests in the core alone
- SHA3, curve Ed25519
- 60s block time with low variability due to a 60 block weighted, moving average
- progressive transaction fees

Additionally, more information can be found on our wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEM_-_New_Economy_Movement
and
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-cryptocurrency-doesnt-want-to-beat-bitcoin-it-wants-to-beat-the-economy

I'm one of the NEM devs, so I could be biased, so please read more and judge for yourself  Smiley
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 08, 2015, 01:44:49 AM
Unobtanium, what else!?
It's a fuckin monster.
legendary
Activity: 1596
I am not Dorian Nakamoto.
February 08, 2015, 01:42:40 AM
Check VPN Coin

As a general rule, any coin not closely connected to a Gen 2.0 platform is a waste of time...
No standalone coin is gonna go to a serious market cap in 2015 (unless it has a REAL revenue stream from something).

But VPN has has some serious technology and, obviously, an Elite Dev...
That's why they were invited to join SuperNET along with other coins with Elite Devs like VRC and BBR and BTCD.

Notice the common thread: jl777 is stockpiling the rarest thing in crypto = Elite Devs.

Most "devs" here are cut-and-pasters or wallets wranglers with no meaningful development background...
You know, the guys that put blinking lights on wallets... that hype and fool the rubes every time.

There was an interview on soundcloud with this opal coin developer and the developer was like 10 years old..  Maybe there's some prodigy geniuses out there but I suspect, like the point you raised, there's a lot of copy and paste developers out there.

https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/4-jan-15-interview-with-whit#t=2:47

Whit will still be writing 1337 kodez when I am dead and buried from old age, so I'm not about to say anything bad about him  Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
February 08, 2015, 01:38:08 AM
Check VPN Coin

As a general rule, any coin not closely connected to a Gen 2.0 platform is a waste of time...
No standalone coin is gonna go to a serious market cap in 2015 (unless it has a REAL revenue stream from something).

That's why they were invited to join SuperNET along with other coins with Elite Devs like VRC and BBR and BTCD.

Notice the common thread: jl777 is stockpiling the rarest thing in crypto = Elite Devs.

Most "devs" here are cut-and-pasters or wallets wranglers with no meaningful development background...
You know, the guys that put blinking lights on wallets... that hype and fool the rubes every time.

There was an interview on soundcloud with this opal coin developer and the developer was like 10 years old..  Maybe there's some prodigy geniuses out there but I suspect, like the point you raised, there's a lot of copy and paste developers out there.

https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/4-jan-15-interview-with-whit#t=2:47
legendary
Activity: 1588
February 08, 2015, 12:44:08 AM
Check VPN Coin

Activity: 616
1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr
February 08, 2015, 12:21:19 AM
I am holding some Vericoin, Darkcoin and Clam.
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
February 07, 2015, 11:49:37 PM
SYS - due to built in client marketplace
OMA - due to dedicated tor marketplace
BALLS - Staking beast
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto
February 07, 2015, 11:24:15 PM
bitswift

99% of other coins aren't doing even half of what this dev is.
Activity: 278
February 07, 2015, 09:23:48 PM
I invested in Doge, and some Node recently, any other good suggestions?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
February 07, 2015, 06:20:26 PM
Took a look at AppleByte. I have to say that what you guys are doing is rather cool. Love the idea, and its one of the few alt coins I've come across that has some real value in it other than just an investing tool. I actually want some so I can SPEND it on something tangible. That's rare. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

P.S. I would love to see a an android wallet that has an integrated "iTunes" like store where I can buy, download, and listen to my new music right from my phone. 
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Monero
February 07, 2015, 05:48:24 PM
Monero is my pick
Activity: 658
February 07, 2015, 05:08:11 PM
What coins do you think have the potential to be huge, but have very little attention from the cryptocommunity as a whole?

Last week I would have said digibyte lol but that is no longer true.... I think noblecoin is great dev has been solid for a year now!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
February 07, 2015, 05:06:13 PM
Definitely Slimcoin (SLM). It is the first and only Proof-of-burn coin, PoB has some interesting properties, see http://en.bitcoin.it/Proof_of_burn. It is also the only coin where bulls can limit supply when price goes too low - something where Nubits fails Wink

Perhaps Timekoin (TK) has also chances to revive, but it's agonizing.
Activity: 280
February 07, 2015, 04:55:19 PM
NEM & Monero

NEM, Ethereum and Nectar are the ones I'm waiting on - one of the intriguing things about all three is that they do not appear to be in a hasty rush to get to market just for the sake of getting to market. They each seem to be taking their time to get it right and make a good 1st impression from the get-go.
Activity: 289
February 07, 2015, 04:53:01 PM
NEM & Monero
legendary
Activity: 1156
February 07, 2015, 10:18:01 AM
It is interesting to me that except for AppleByte, every other post just gives a coin name or says their coin has a great new technology.

You know how many coins had the "greatest new technology" and are now gone?

AppleByte gives you solid reasons to invest - community, community, community
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
February 06, 2015, 10:17:06 AM
ShadowCash, the only anonymous POS coin. If you choose it, you will invest in one of the most innovative cryptocurrency tech.

Soon a peer review should be released, and ShadowMarket will come next month ~  Smiley

if you want to see more : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sdc-shadowcash-welcome-to-the-umbra-745352
Pages:
Jump to: