Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your thoughts on Numus' Features? Decentralized Exchange and more - page 2. (Read 3082 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I'm really quite sane!
The way I see it is that John and Jenny don't know each other since only their addresses would be shown. Therefore there would be no reason for them to stab each other in the back.
[emphasis added]

This actually tends to have the opposite effect.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Okay I've read the whitepaper. The only thing that really concerns me about the Decentralized Exchange is that though I see no current flaws in it, there may be ways to sort of abuse it.

In the end I see one of three ways abuse would be attempted:

1) [John claims he did not receive $200 but actually did. John declines.]
John = +$200, -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -0.1 NMS

2) [Jenny claims to have sent $200, but actually did not. John declines.]
John = -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -0.1 NMS

3) [Jenny claims to have sent $200, but actually sent $100. John either accepts or declines.]
This is a mutual destruction scenario in which some interesting game theory may end up coming into play.

3a) John declines (mutual destruction)

John = +$100, -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -$100, -0.1 NMS

3b) John accepts (John realizes that either way he will lose 2 NMS but this will save him the collateral 0.1 NMS)
John = +$100, -2 NMS
Jenny = -$100, +2 NMS
The way I see it is that John and Jenny don't know each other since only their addresses would be shown. Therefore there would be no reason for them to stab each other in the back. Plus there's collateral which means if Jenny tries to stab John in the back she'll be losing out money or NMS.
Activity: 67
Okay I've read the whitepaper. The only thing that really concerns me about the Decentralized Exchange is that though I see no current flaws in it, there may be ways to sort of abuse it.

In the end I see one of three ways abuse would be attempted:

1) [John claims he did not receive $200 but actually did. John declines.]
John = +$200, -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -0.1 NMS

2) [Jenny claims to have sent $200, but actually did not. John declines.]
John = -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -0.1 NMS

3) [Jenny claims to have sent $200, but actually sent $100. John either accepts or declines.]
This is a mutual destruction scenario in which some interesting game theory may end up coming into play.

3a) John declines (mutual destruction)

John = +$100, -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -$100, -0.1 NMS

3b) John accepts (John realizes that either way he will lose 2 NMS but this will save him the collateral 0.1 NMS)
John = +$100, -2 NMS
Jenny = -$100, +2 NMS
Activity: 67
Seems interesting, downloading the whitepaper now.
I was skeptical at first,

If you were skeptical at first, what changed your mind to think that it is something other than a cheap trick to get people to use the currency? Because somebody's gotta win?

I was skeptical about the viability of such a system and wheter people would be tempted to use it.
Ix
Activity: 218
Merit: 128
I was skeptical at first,

If you were skeptical at first, what changed your mind to think that it is something other than a cheap trick to get people to use the currency? Because somebody's gotta win?
why your trust is -4?
if this a real project,i will join
you still trust him ? please receive my respect , i am  out.

+2 You would think if it was a SERIOUS project, he would SERIOUSLY reconsider using that name.. yea..I'm serious..and..Im out too.

No, you've got it wrong. I am in no way linked to this project, I am merely someone following it and discussing its features. If you looked at the thread I linked in the OP you will realize who the real devs are.
Activity: 84
why your trust is -4?

+2 You would think if it was a SERIOUS project, he would SERIOUSLY reconsider using that name.. yea..I'm serious..and..Im out too.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
why your trust is -4?
Ix
Activity: 218
Merit: 128
1) Decentralized Lotto System.
I'm surprised no one else has come up with this feature actually, nor has anyone so much as thought about this feature. I won't post the extract from the whitepaper becuase it's quite long, but I'll post the diagram.

It's probably because it's the silliest thing imaginable to add to a cryptocurrency protocol. But RealSolid actually was going to use a similar gambling lottery as some kind of basis for new money creation, though I don't believe it ever went anywhere.
why your trust is -4?
Someone made a scam accusation of me regarding a Bitcoin service I was developing. Everyone who entered the thread drove my trsust level into the ground. It most definitely is a real project, this coin has got to be the most proffessional I've seen. They even have their own introductory video:  https://vimeo.com/89947268
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
why your trust is -4?
Pages:
Jump to: