Pages:
Author

Topic: What can a small Altcoin bring to the gaming/streaming industry? [OPCX] - page 2. (Read 358 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 6
This is what I will want from an altcoin with gaming-centric purpose.
1. Easily accessible to generate and trade. i.e., using my gaming rig to generate some coins, then exchange it for the altcoin and spend the same to purchase games from the platform.
2. Legit keys for sale.
3. Making popular titles available for consoles and PC.
4. Providing a way to make In-app purchase for competitive games.
5. Secure platform for transactions.
(Purchasing of legit keys can be made from the country with the lowest gaming prices which also support global activation and then can be sold for the same worldwide.)
Thanks for your reaction! I'll try to react on them all

1.Sounds good, but by using your gaming rig to generate some coins, your gaming rig might deteriorate. OPCX runs on a delegated proof-of-stake system, which only requires an online wallet and confirmations. By adding about 150k opcx in a wallet, you could make 15x 10k stakes. These will join the network and validate blocks when your wallet is online. When a block is validated, one masternode and one individual staker get to split the reward (MN 75%, Staker 25%). These rewards are low, but still give quite a good return in the amount of coins over time, which can be used to buy giftcards cheaper than usual. You are basically creating your own discount, depending on how long you want to let your coins stake.

2. The keys are of course legit, the Overpowered team connected to an already existing established digital giftcard company and they are integrating the store with an ingenious system to make sure everythng is easy and safe.

3. With the selling of almost every giftcard available, people can buy credit with giftcards on their favourite platform. It would be nice to sell games directly though, but this keeps the option open to buy whatever you want, as long as it's available in any online store

4. PSN card, Xbox Live cards, Google Play and Apple giftcards will all be available. This opens up the possibilities of making any In-app purchase you would like to make. Or did you mean to get it integrated just like some sort of V-bucks on Fortnite? This might bring some issues, since OPCX it's supply is already there and it will take like 150 years to reach the max supply with the POS rewards.

5. While transactions are instant on the OPCX blockchain, for security on the store it would probably require some confirmations. The safety is much greater then with for example Twitch Bits. It also gives full control over the funds instead of third party websites holding the funds to be released after a certain treshold is reached. It can easily be stored in a desktop wallet or just make an account on Discord and store it there!

Do you think that would be enough? It keeps the option open to use it in many different ways. It's all about usability and with all these options it could be very appealing to the bigger gaming audience, as well as streamers who engage a lot with their community!
Activity: 861
Merit: 281
This is what I will want from an altcoin with gaming-centric purpose.
1. Easily accessible to generate and trade. i.e., using my gaming rig to generate some coins, then exchange it for the altcoin and spend the same to purchase games from the platform.
2. Legit keys for sale.
3. Making popular titles available for consoles and PC.
4. Providing a way to make In-app purchase for competitive games.
5. Secure platform for transactions.
(Purchasing of legit keys can be made from the country with the lowest gaming prices which also support global activation and then can be sold for the same worldwide.)
Activity: 16
Merit: 6
Hey everyone, I'm here to talk about an altcoin that aims to add extra features to the gaming/streaming industry.

OPCX is a Proof-of-Stake coin that has fixed rewards split between a masternode holder[MN is currently 37.500, soon 150.000 OPCX]
On the Discord of the Overpowered project there is a Stakebot installed that connects a wallet to your Discord account and it lets you keep track of your stored coins with just a few simple commands. This eliminates the need to store it on a VPS or third party staking pool. No messing around with config files or nodes, just join the Discord channel (discord.gg/Bzatw6y).

What can this coin bring to the streaming/gaming industry? Well, I'm here to discuss that with you and ask for your ideas also.

OPCX is now laying a foundation for an ecosystem that is focused on gaming/streaming communities. The Overpowered store will be released in approximately 1-2 months and with that release it becomes possible to buy almost every available digital giftcard in the world. This means you can consume in the Google store, PlayStation store, Amazon, Dunkin' donuts, Xbox live cards, Apple gift cards etc.

By offering streamers an option to easily accept OPCX on their stream as a method of donation, the streamers can save up their OPCX and directly exchange it for giftcards. These can be used to organize giveaways or competitions. OPCX can also be used as prizemoney, which can be managed the way the winner wants. Options are big here and the industry around gaming and streaming is growing every year. What do you guys think? Any good oppurtunities here?

This is just a brief explanation of the project and there's a dedicated team working on this project.
For more info you can check out the twitter page or join the Discord channel!

I included these url's for some quick information sources!

Twitter
Whitepaper
Stakebot article
Coinmarketcap
Discord
Pages:
Jump to: