Pages:
Author

Topic: What do Altcoins offer that Bitcoin does not? - page 3. (Read 394 times)

Activity: 385
Merit: 10
Your analysis is correct. In today's payment, cryptocurrencies have gone beyond Bitcoin, but their shortcomings are also very obvious. They can only be used for certain kinds of transactions, and Bitcoin can be widely used in daily life. !
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 0
it has long been clear and known that bitcoin is inferior to many altcoins, but this is the source of which will always be, I hope it will not be so important, and all coins will be equivalent and not depend on each other
Activity: 140
Altcoins possess much of the same applicability of Bitcoin but many offer something else as well. Some of them are faster, some are more anonymous, some provide better investment options, some are more volatile and thus are more advantageous in terms of trading.
I have high regards that Altcoins surely outpass Bitcoins in many ways. What do you think guys?

Some new altcoins may exceed Bitcoin in many ways. But! 99% of them are all just on paper and they do not have what Bitcoin has - the time that he went through. Therefore at the moment I think there are no direct competitors yet
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
I think the best thing altcoin has is that the price is still very cheap and affordable, altcoin also has more supply than Bitcoin, I'm sure altcoin will go beyond bitcoin, but it takes a very long time.
Activity: 252
Bitcoin and altcoin both are doing very well and people are getting attracted towards these two day by day. However, different altcoins have different features which bitcoin lacks and what bitcoin has, none of these got in themselves. Bitcoin is considered to be the king of crypto currency.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
Some of the alt coin provide a better feature than bitcoin from one side, there are no alt coins that got better features than bitcoin completely, and bitcoin got a huge support and the popularity, there are too many alt coins that appear so it weakened the alt coin itself, and it become easier to be manipulated, that is also become the reason that alt coins is more profitable than bitcoin in trading, but without real adoption alt coin won't able to compete with bitcoin
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
Bitcoin was the first one but now many altcoins would be much better to use for real day to day transakrions. Much faster speed and much lower fees making some alts much more attractive then bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Altcoins possess much of the same applicability of Bitcoin but many offer something else as well. Some of them are faster, some are more anonymous, some provide better investment options, some are more volatile and thus are more advantageous in terms of trading.
I have high regards that Altcoins surely outpass Bitcoins in many ways. What do you think guys?

In my opinion, In some perspectives, altcoins provide better facilities than BTC there is also a stable price,
and there is also better investment for trading as well in some better cost perspective and provide high trading advantages.

Activity: 137
Merit: 11
Actually new investors cannot decide about where to invest as they are new here and the market is full of numerous coins but not all are good. Bitcoin is the first coin in the market and is doing good continuously over the years.it has stability as well as reliability than any other coins operating in the market.
Speaking of the first cryptocurrency that has been deployed in the market, it is also the most exposed cryptocurrency all over the world, that is why bitcoin's market is very active.
Activity: 329
Merit: 22
Altcoins are quite different. Different functions, different histories and different futures. Here are some of them:

DOGE - who knows not about Dogecoin - started as a joke and now it's one of the most famos ones
LTC - Litecoin is an alternative to Bitcoin - faster transaction but not so implemented like Bitcoin
BNB - coin from Binance and used on it's exchange. Big rise in value since ICO in 2017
can be continued, there are so many.

So you can choose your favourite one.  Wink
Activity: 196
which I know with altcoin we can choose because in altcoin many options we can  invest in promising altcoin or we invest in the long term and so bitcoin is very expensive and many people prefer to invest in Altcoin because some altcoin have good growth and can be profitable in the near future

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
First and foremost, altcoins is way cheaper compared to btc that's worth thousand of bucks. Investors are just being practical. Fee is also cheaper and faster. I also saw in one thread that for him/her altcoin trading is more profitable as that guy makes more profit on altcoin trading. Well, I agree with that since I believe, high risk, high profit in return.
Activity: 294
I don’t think altcoins can give more advantages than bitcoin. Bitcoin price control the other altcoin price then how altcoins can out pass bitcoin. I believe bitcoin is the best among all other cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Alternative currency is an option to what bitcoins can't offer. altcoins are the utilities that power blockchain more than bitcoins. Bitcoins with its scalability problem can't fulfilled some purposes that some alt coins are now offering
Activity: 154
Actually new investors cannot decide about where to invest as they are new here and the market is full of numerous coins but not all are good. Bitcoin is the first coin in the market and is doing good continuously over the years.it has stability as well as reliability than any other coins operating in the market.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
If it surpassed bitcoin in so many ways you are forgetting of one thing and that is the market cap.

Bitcoin is still the most in demand coin so that can never be surpassed, these coins are all came into one idea and they are just upgrading or adding some features that bitcoin doesn't have. But it will never change the real thing that bitcoin is still the best and has the biggest market cap.

Come on, everyone knows that USD has even bigger cap than BTC, but still all crypto-enthusiasts here believe that crypto will one day replace fiat. Isn't it wierd and doesn't it sound unrealistic? Yes, it actually does.
You are getting out of the topic and I never said that bitcoin will replace fiat on this thread.

We are talking about USD and bitcoin here so how come that USD came into the discussion, is it a crypto now too?

So what does stop you from believing that some altcoin will one day replace BTC?
I don't really think that there will be as of the moment.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
many people began switching to altcoin. even the new investors also choose more altcoin than the bitcoin. the main problem is certainly the bitcoin is already too expensive. bitcoin development and indeed the price is very good, but of course, this can only be enjoyed great results by investors that also have large capital.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
The diversity of altcoin can be a bitcoin enhancer but I see that bitcoin is the mother of all altcoins that can affect the price. And this has become a vast field in the application of blockchain technology.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Yes there are features that altcoin offer that btc cannot offer like many tokens from ICO offer various different utilities to public.But btc is not going to be replaced in future due to being crypto pioneer and it has built the faith and technology over these years.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
yes altcoin will be used more transact than bitcoin because bitcoin is getting expensive and blockchain gets denser making it slower to transact, altcoin is very much with their respective features and bitcoin will still be BTC king as the value of the required asset
Pages:
Jump to: