Pages:
Author

Topic: What do government regulations REALLY mean for Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 5191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
government regulations could most likely protect bitcoin users from scammers and all other ponzi schemes but i honestly think this would hurt bitcoin business more as they will be exposed to these regulations which might come with fees and make running of a business difficult...this could come out worse than paypal which has the seller protection, but with bitcoin one entity will always come short.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
So far, is there a clear regulation from the government?
I have not been able to conclude which government regulation is really meaningful for Bitcoin.
Perhaps there is from you an article that shows the government's regulation for Bitcoin?
Thanks
In some countries the laws are really messed up. The most messed up is probably this situation with money transmitting in the USA, as in some states you can be fined for not having a license, and in some other you can trade at will without one. Also they just can't handle these cases like civilised people, but invade people's homes, steal their stuff and treat them like criminals.
I'm happy that the laws in the EU aren't that crazy and you can trade coins without fear.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
There will be regulation in some countries, less so in others. Regardless of regulation though, it wont stop more than a few transactions being anonymous. People will resist. In some cases regulation will be needed to accelerate adoption.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
So far, is there a clear regulation from the government?
I have not been able to conclude which government regulation is really meaningful for Bitcoin.
Perhaps there is from you an article that shows the government's regulation for Bitcoin?
Thanks
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
The attractiveness of BTC is the transparency.  It is relatively terrifying to understand that practically any observations of BTC's regulation are producing unnecessary terror within the BTC users. Rules and regulations are in access and the users will do best not to panic. It doesn't take to by that way.

I agree with this because most people probably don't know the extent of regulations that's why they are scared. People like the idea that no one controls Bitcoin so the idea of having regulations terrifies some users because they don't want the constraint. An advantage of Bitcoin that most users love is that its free from taxes, and regulations would take it away. Its best to learn and know about the scope of having laws and regulations for Bitcoin because there are both advantages and disadvantages to it.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
There will be always political and economic interests involved in any type of bitcoin's legislation.
Activity: 42
The attractiveness of BTC is the transparency.  It is relatively terrifying to understand that practically any observations of BTC's regulation are producing unnecessary terror within the BTC users. Rules and regulations are in access and the users will do best not to panic. It doesn't take to by that way.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
by government regulation mean to make specific law about bitcoin. to impose tax on it and make rules and regulation for bitcoin.
Activity: 350
bitcoin regularization means every think. regularization of bitcoin keeps so much importance. the price and value of bitcoin will remain constant.

The price and value of bitcoin will not remain constant even with legislation.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Regulation is a necessary and vital part of an industry becoming legitimate. The only reason we are seeing the level of interest from old finance we are is because the space is slowly starting to regulate. If you were venture capital, wouldn't you rather invest millions of dollars on something with laws attached to it in case something went wrong? Regulation protects us while it limits us, and ultimately those protections outweigh the limits. Would you get medicine from an unregulated pharmaceutical system? Or eat food from an unregulated production facility? Since we are a nation of consumers, regulation stops producers and service providers from defrauding people.

You need regulation because there are humans involved in this. Not spelling out the rules before hand is asking for trouble. People like to cheat and take shortcuts, and someone eventually gets hurt.
yes its a fact. government has to regularize all the activities of the state either from government side or from the public. the government has to overview all the activities of the companies and industries or other govt and non govt departments and to impose tax on them for this reason they use to regularize a department and must register it with the government.
but  i think if we simple define the regulation it means to make rules and law for bitcoin. in law rules and regulation means the everything that that the govt has decide about the companies and forums to follow.
Activity: 252
Regulation is a necessary and vital part of an industry becoming legitimate. The only reason we are seeing the level of interest from old finance we are is because the space is slowly starting to regulate. If you were venture capital, wouldn't you rather invest millions of dollars on something with laws attached to it in case something went wrong? Regulation protects us while it limits us, and ultimately those protections outweigh the limits. Would you get medicine from an unregulated pharmaceutical system? Or eat food from an unregulated production facility? Since we are a nation of consumers, regulation stops producers and service providers from defrauding people.

You need regulation because there are humans involved in this. Not spelling out the rules before hand is asking for trouble. People like to cheat and take shortcuts, and someone eventually gets hurt.
yes its a fact. government has to regularize all the activities of the state either from government side or from the public. the government has to overview all the activities of the companies and industries or other govt and non govt departments and to impose tax on them for this reason they use to regularize a department and must register it with the government.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

govt regulation mean that some thing register with government. and the government have hold over it for certain issues. they must pay tax. and they have to obey the rules and regulation of the states.
bitcoin regularization means every think. regularization of bitcoin keeps so much importance. the price and value of bitcoin will remain constant.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
regulation it's bad for bitcoin, it's only mean more restriction, i don't like it
Not necessarily. It is commode mistake to confuse regulation with control. These two concepts are not equal.
We need to have some sort of regulation to protect customers and regulate bitcoin based businesses.
Without some form of codified legal status of bitcoin companies mainstream adoption is impossible.
You can clearly see what is happening when there is no supervision - for example just take a look at recent huge cloud mining scam - HashOcean.
Activity: 1
Yes it will benefit bitcoins. At least it will reduce the incidence of bitcoin theft, thieves now know they can be caught.

I believe this will accelerate the adoption of bitcoins.

Yes - while the decentralized and largely self-regulated nature of bitcoin is exciting, regulation will do wonders to encourage widespread adoption.
Activity: 406
regulation it's bad for bitcoin, it's only mean more restriction, i don't like it
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
MERCATOX
Yes it will benefit bitcoins. At least it will reduce the incidence of bitcoin theft, thieves now know they can be caught.

I believe this will accelerate the adoption of bitcoins.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
Will compliance with regulation benefit Bitcoin?

A piece of irony  or wake up call on Bitcoin regulation by Andreas Antonopoulos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpVmt3ufdrs
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I like to read the news about potential bitcoin legislation taking place in different countries. I gotta say this article offers good summarized explanation of possible future regulations.

It is rather scary to see that almost any remarks of Bitcoin's regulation is causing unnecessary panic within the Bitcoin community. It doesn't have to be that way.
Maybe bacause when it is regulated we don't get the anonimity we had when the bitcoin is not yet regulated. If they can just be transparent of there action everytime (I'm referring to the committee who will regulate bitcoin) and no political interest involve .

Bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous as it is right now.  One of the beauties of bitcoin is the transparency.  Regulations are at the doorstep and the community will do best not to panic.
Pages:
Jump to: