Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you consider to be a long term investment. - page 3. (Read 2770 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
With stocks I consider 10-20 years long term, though some people would definitely disagree with that.  I'm not sure about bitcoin and where I stand with it and how I feel about its future.  There is a definite possibility it won't even exist in 20 years, so I'm not necessarily thinking long term with it.
Activity: 749
Merit: 507
I hear people talking about holding Bitcoin as long term investment and such, but what is long term for you?

I personally find long term to be at least 2 years where I hold my coins without touching them.

Short term is 1-2 years. Medium term is 2-5 years and long term is at least 5 years, usually used for 10+ years.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
for me a long term investment means that i could now put in about a thousand dollars and after ten years take out 100 thousand dollars

most people cannot make long term liquid investments and sell pretty much at breakeven.
real estate is different because people know that it is typically better to wait as long as possible before selling (if ever).
personally, I can never wait above 10X profit on a stock trade.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
for me a long term investment means that i could now put in about a thousand dollars and after ten years take out 100 thousand dollars
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3011
BTC price road to $80k
Well for me half a year if the price increase above 500 i will exchange it into fiat wait again for cheap bitcoin price until halving ends..
But if the bitcoin has 100% potencial that the price will rise above 1000 usd but i think for know there is no sign that the price will rise above $1000.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Long term would be something between 5 to 10 years of range normally, just like how you get long term interest when you leave your money to stay untouched in the bank, you never see anything offered as interest below 5 years therefore anything more than it, is considered a long term investment on my book.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
I hear people talking about holding Bitcoin as long term investment and such, but what is long term for you?

I personally find long term to be at least 2 years where I hold my coins without touching them.

Everything in this world is told referring to something or some situation. So for a butterfly (I don't know if it is for all but for some it is exactly so) one day is the longest time possible. While for a baobab (tree) who live more than 1 000 years the long term mean 1 000 years. What i am telling these examples? First because everyone might have different conception about the long term with bitcoin. So cannot be found which must be the real and the right one (if needed to do so). Second, this long term may change in time for various reasons. Someone can name long term the time when bitcoin will achieve 5 000 us dollar. If this amount is arrived in one month its long time in this case is only one month. But can happen even that this amount cannot be achieved for 50 years. In this case the long term may be an eternity because this person can be dead since that 50-in year. Me for example had a fixed long term about bitcoin (15-20 years) since some weeks ago. Now with the bitcoin classic have no long term more because I am confused and see trouble on what I must believe. Which is the right bitcoin? Which will survive? Which will have more value? And for sure there would be a more time for my long term time. The spread will be much more slow now. There will be two bitcoins and everyone of that will have its followers. Which are the same of the only bitcoin existed before. Only halved between the two bitcoins. We were happy when remembered this word before. Because was waited an increase of price. While now I don't know even which bitcoin will have the halving.
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
Nothing below 5 years is long term to me, as 5 years is an average, and you can call anything above that to be a very long-term investment...
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
Activity: 68
Merit: 12
Two reward halvings, so minimum 4 years.
Activity: 840

It can be seen as a 'long term' investment, in terms of not getting too freaked out by the massive price swings, as the whales ramp and dump the market, depriving all the little guys of their hard earned wealth....

But on the grander scale of things, Bitcoin is a fucking Gravy Train asset and nothing more.

When this shit hits the fan, and I believe it will, be ready to dump it for big profit, like the worthless fkn vapour that it is...which is controlled by Chinese Scamsters by now anyways.
Activity: 182
Merit: 107
For me long term is 10 years.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
short term = 1-3 years.
long term = 5-15 years.

Activity: 242
Long term for me is at least 20 years. 2 years is definitely long term. That is way too short. Maybe even 10 years.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
For me it's like 1 year as the absolute minimum and everything that tops 2 years of firmly holding is the real long term Bitcoin investment.
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
I think 2017 will be a very interesting year for bitcoin. 1 year after the next halving, there is quite enough of room for a new bubble. Thus it means, my longterm investment is till spring 2017.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
if i want for long term hold i personally will hold my bitcoin in the next 5 years with my predictions bitcoin price will reach more than $1000

Long term investment doesn't mean large number of years. You need to hold it atleast for a year. In one years time if you feel that to be a great profitable, then you should collect the earned profit and make shor term investments
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Long term investments are 5-10 years for me at the moment.

The next step is retirement investments, which as you may have guessed are investments I plan to keep until my retirement or to bridge a gap in case I don't have a job in those years before retirement.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I am holding for at least 10 years, it also kind of depends on how much bitcoin will grow and how fast.
I would say holding bitcoin between 5 - 10 years is a long term.
Activity: 406
3-5 years for currencies and stocks
When you buy real estate and property make it 15-20 years at least
For altcoins, 1 year is a lot of time.
Pages:
Jump to: