Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you consider to be a long term investment. - page 4. (Read 2770 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
I think 4 or 5 years is what I see as a real long term investment. Everything below that is considered to be mid term and I find 1 year even to be relatively short term.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
It depends on the investment. If I think in that the webs HYIP  like some fakes mining services in the cloud you can consider that a year is a long term investment because almost none keep more than a few months. If your investment is not a ponzi then 3 years can be a long term (at least for me).
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
For me a long term investment is something that will go through a lot of stress and instability but, in the end, returns with a big positive.

Therefore, a long term investment in bitcoin is not purchasing a few and selling them in a month to make a little profit - or because I am scared of future market prices.

A long term investment is keeping the bitcoin for 10 even 20 years and selling them then to make sure I earn enough profit.
Activity: 345
Merit: 250
I think of a long term investment as until the next ATH if it goes high enough. Most holders might be tempted to sell then even if they began intending to hold for decades. They might save a little of their stack for holding, but the temptation to sell will be too much for most.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
if i want for long term hold i personally will hold my bitcoin in the next 5 years with my predictions bitcoin price will reach more than $1000
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I'll see what's what around 2020. I think we'll start to have a firm idea as to whether it's going to fly or not by that point. There's no way I'd forget about it for 20 or more years. It could easily be a footnote in history by then. It requires monitoring.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
When my great grandchildren retire.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
"Long-term" has no objective definition, which is why we have a market. 

Every holder has a different investment time frame and risk tolerance.

My time frame is 7-10 years.  I have a high risk tolerance since my initial BTC investment is about 3% of assets.
Activity: 559
Merit: 500
Long term(personally): 10 years
Bitcoin: Hopefully my whole live
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
for me it's 2030, which match the prediction of satoshi for the final outcome of bitcoin, medium term instead is 2020, the other halving after this one
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I hear people talking about holding Bitcoin as long term investment and such, but what is long term for you?

I personally find long term to be at least 2 years where I hold my coins without touching them.
Pages:
Jump to: