Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do with ETH ? You buy to hold or to invest in alt coins ? - page 2. (Read 2006 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
What do you do with ETH ? You buy to hold or to invest in alt coins ?
I do both. I have invested a decent amount in ETH for long term and I never touch it and keep it secure in a separate wallet. For trading altcoins and buying ICO coins, I buy seperate amount of ETH at the latest price and just invest. I keep seperate wallets for both the things.
good strategy instead of mixing everything better we can separate our long term coins, and we can save it in the safe wallet. To do trading, we can separate coins here there is no assurance that our coins will be safe or not because it depends on what coins we will buy. I saved ETH but not do trading with this coin I will use BTC.
Activity: 910
Merit: 254
I do both. I have invested a decent amount in ETH for long term and I never touch it and keep it secure in a separate wallet. For trading altcoins and buying ICO coins, I buy seperate amount of ETH at the latest price and just invest. I keep seperate wallets for both the things.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I just hold my Ethereum coins, because I think its a good investment. I dont use them to play ICOs, the most time I invest with my Bitcoins. And I use Ethereum for ERC 20 token staking stuff like PoSToken! I am not going to sell my ETH bag in the next couple of month!
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I've been buying Eth for trading purposes on the exchange and there's a bit of Eth savings in the online wallet as a long-term investment. because investing in Eth is certainly very good to be able to earn profits according to the investment plan.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
I think ETH is to invest in ICO, but if in my opinion is too time consuming. Suppose using normal way to get to the profit, although it is a little to infest in some projects that promise
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I usually buy and hodl ETH rather than investing in altcoins. I believe that ETH has potential next to Bitcoin because most of new tokens are derived from ETH platform and is also has different and one of a kind technology. ETH has proven it's stability and importance in the cryptocurrency community and market. I used BTC in investing altcoins like ETH, LTC and DOGE because of it's higher price. It is better to hodl ETH now because the price is in dip.
Activity: 210
I use ETH for both. I hold some for longterm and if i change my USD to crypto i am choosing ETH because it is faster and cheaper.
Activity: 490
I buy ETH for invest and hold, when I saw a very nice ICO I would definitely put my ETH in there, and most I will hold for higher prices.

Activity: 420
I invested in ethereum, to buy and hold my altcoin more using bitcoin, in the future if ethereum could be parallel with bitcoin I would use for investment and hold altcoin. and I am very sure ethereum will develop  Kiss
Activity: 310
Merit: 102
JACS.tech

ETH for me is for investment (long-term investment) as well as a base coin to use when participating in good ICOs (mostly ERC-20 tokens over the Ethereum blockchain) but definitely after doing my own due diligence
Activity: 305
yes i trade with eth because fees is small and invest in new altcoin
 there is many ico accept eth to buy .
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I personnally hold ETH and rather use BTC to invest in alt coins. ETH is getting pumped so I think it is more interesting to hold it.
Activity: 504
Just like the other coins I have, I buy them to hold. Because usually if I invest in other coins I usually buy them using bitcoin rather than using Ethereum to buy altcoins. And it is much easier to buy using bitcoins too.
Activity: 196
Both! I believe in ETH and I also believe in new ICO's that are using ETH token.
Activity: 187
Merit: 10
im still buy low-sell high, a bit interested to invest in ICOs but yet really know how it's going. could you please give me some answer here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2194298.new#new ?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Investing in alt is the best, ... BotaCoin ICO: How to join the new Crypto Millionaires if you miss the Bitcoin bubble, BotaCoin is an ERC20 token based on the Ethereum blockchain which shall serve as a payment token for Adbota, which shall also serve as a payment token for goods and services to whoever wishes to accept it. Invest in Botacoin Pre-ICO at $0.05 per Coin. Read more at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-botacoin-ico-2-in-1-alt-adsense-1-eth-5000-28-days-to-go-2191328
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
What people need to understand imo is that smart contract based tokens like on Ethereum are not going to increase in value if they are not used sensibly in an ecosystem. (Only according to demand/supply, what is almost dumb to apply for tokens)

To answer the question: Holding makes sense to a certain point. If now the majority of people is only holding. The market will crash when media publicises that fact. Consider investing in tokens you have influence on, i.e. generating your own within the eco system.

Activity: 812
Merit: 501
First, I hold in my wallet then I invest in Legit ICO. Invest in Ico should have good analysis if not the token will be worthless after ICo. If we are lucky the coin will price 100 to 300 % after ICO. That's I made profit and I will sell the coin again to eth then hold and invest again.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
if you'd rather go long, hold. but if you're more into short term gains, have a crack at ICOs after doing research
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
Whether it is ethereum or bitcoin, i always divide those two depending on my wants or main goal. My main goal is to build a solid long term investment with ethereum and bitcoin so i put mostly 80% if my coins in a secure wallet and the rest is putted into investment in altcoins in the market or investing in ico for a fast profit.
Pages:
Jump to: