Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you guess about he future of bitcoin? - page 37. (Read 46275 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Like you said altcoin is not really a solution , we must make bitcoin more powerful more stable not make a new currency ...

How can Bitcoin be a solution to things it can not do?

Anonymity?

Real-time (1ms) transactions?

Etc...
So you are suggest that we abandon whole bitcoin infrastructure, every bitcoin project, every bitcoin related business and create some new ultimate bitcoin 2.0? No, this is no way. Of course we could now do this better, faster, more reliable but do we really need to? We shouldn't delay bitcoin acceptance until every possible feature is done. There’s always going to be one more thing to do.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
What people actually want is to have a certain degree of stability once the price does skyrocket. Not for bearwhales and pigtrolls to eternally pump and dump at leverage, boring long term investors to death.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Like you said altcoin is not really a solution , we must make bitcoin more powerful more stable not make a new currency ...

How can Bitcoin be a solution to things it can not do?

Anonymity?

Real-time (1ms) transactions?

Etc...
Activity: 309
Totally agree with you 1000%.  Bitcoin stumbled way too much in this long 6 years of existence.  In fact here's what Altcoin developers from Maidsafe had to say about Bitcoin's troubles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIasr2AiyZ0

Very funny. Except MaidSafe was already in the works before Bitcoin was released. So SafeCoin will hardly be an "altcoin". It's not an alternative, it's a new paradigm.

You're right, you're right.  It's new paradigm for a new age.  Viva la Maidsafe!!!

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Stability is an illusion

It seems that fiat money's value is stable, but it is just because everything's value is going down together with fiat money, due to overproduction everywhere

If you use bitcoin as standard of value, then you will see how everything's price fluctuate wildly together with fiat money, that is the truth

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
It will remain unstable for quite some years. Market cap is way too low for any kind of stability.

With very thin orderbooks a single whale can cause the price to drop significantly.

I hope at some point in the future there will be only 1 orderbook left. That will bring more stability.

I don't know about "some years"... I have the feeling that if there isn't an explosion of market cap in the near future (2/3 years), the future of bitcoin is compromised and it simply isn't "taking off".
Let's see where we're going.

Quite some years can be 5-10 years, or even more. An explosion of market cap as you say is never good and won't bring stability.

I prefer to see Bitcoin gaining 25-50% per year in normal circumstances, and perhaps even higher with very good news.

We all know how the explosion to over $1000 has ended. I hope future won't repeat istelf here.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
bitcoin need only mass adoption nothing else for the moment, it need that those with tons of bitcoin spread(by selling) their fortune until everyone become equal or near that, it will require many years, don't expect a big rise even with the halving

NO NO NO NO

You dont understand, them selling it will plunge the price, its good that they sit on it because the price will remain high and scarce.

Of course an argument can be made that in lower prices more people can afford it, which is true, but if the price goes down why would them buy it?

So its good as it is, there is enough bitcoin in circulation and being sold that anyone who wishes to buy can buy some.

The main problem is a lack of advertising, i think every single bitcoin holder should set up websites and promote the sheeet out of it, tell them to friends, family , everyone!

See internet promotion is not enough, because many people dont trust "internet things", it needs bilboard campaigns, many many tv media attention, and local newspapers talking about it.

If Bitcoin Foundation would not be so busy it could run campaings like that to promote it better.

Also 3rd party promotion through merhant contracting is also good, especially if Microsoft and IBM does it!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
In the future the economy in the world will be much more close than we have today, even poor have the chance to invest located not in his own country, wall street recognize the reality and lead people of the whole world make the price of bitcoin sky high and use it to do goods exchange

This is great news then when should we expect the powers that be give over their total control they have over the financial market? The gap between rich and poor will always remain and they will never give up they are hooked on the power and always will be imho.

If wall street brought into bitcoin then yes that is a lot of extra money entering bitcoin and the price would rise but not before a massive crash so they can accumulate more of the supply they will try get most of the supply if they do become interested.

In the end op it will stabilize when we have close to mass adoption for a few years it is still so early and i think the future of bitcoin for those who ride the storms is going to be very bright.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
bitcoin need only mass adoption nothing else for the moment, it need that those with tons of bitcoin spread(by selling) their fortune until everyone become equal or near that, it will require many years, don't expect a big rise even with the halving
Activity: 261
Some people forgot the experiences of gold standard in the 19th century and they insist relive them as "technological innovation", with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
You can actually look at the chart and see what Pedrog said is true.

Oil all time:

Think about this for a minute.  Bitcoin is only 6 years old, and Oil has centuries of history.  Bitcoin needs time to grow and be adopted.  This is why it's volatile, it's only a handful of years in and basically a few million users only.  Everyone in the world uses oil.  Think about that in regards to price and stability.

This chart is misleading (if not outright lying) in respect to recent oil prices (starting from 2007 and till now). Besides, the modern history of oil started in the mid-19th century, when the process to distilling kerosene from petroleum was discovered. And today we may well be on the verge of what will be an eventual decline in the oil usage across the world...

My point is that oil isn't really a good example to compare with bitcoin. Better use gold instead
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Everyone knows that bitcoin is not a stable currency here is a graph :

Do you think bitcoin have possibilities to be more stable in the future ?
What do you think about the future of BTC?

I think that bitcoin will become the world reserve currency , you can save your money and it's a way super secure than everything we can imagine.
The bitcoin now are are being widely accepted and not controlled by government

There is a long term decreasing trend of volatility.

You can just easily caclulate that by using blockchain.info statistics of price.

So yes deflation can cause prices to stabilize (unlike many keynesian propagandists like to think on the contrary), and as more bitcoin grows the less susceptible to manipulation it becomes and the more stable.

So go forward commerce and let's enjoy the fruits of it!
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
So bitcoin will need more people to used it in order to get more stable !
hope it gets stable because for the moment it's heavily unstable

Look at the history of the oil market, oil price was quite volatile at the beginning of the last century, with its market growth and increasing adoption, eventually the price became more stable.

I think we can establish a parallel between bitcon's current market and the first decades of the oil market.

A really strange comparison you have just made. Have you looked at the recent oil prices and their fluctuations? In fact, oil price had been quite stable at the beginning of the last century. For that matter, I would rather say that the bitcon market volatility mirrors that of oil prices...

Yeah if you look at oil overall it's just been steadily increasing. The fluctuations in the early years are relatively small too. There's certainly not the jumps from $100 th $1000 and back down again

We should look at inflation-adjusted oil prices if we want to see the real picture. Furthermore, in 2008 the Crude Brent oil price fell form as high as 140$ per barrel to as low as 30$, which corresponds tightly to the meltdown of bitcoin from over 1100$ to 200$ per coin...
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
Bitcoin is still early, but in future it will be much more stable than now Roll Eyes
And i'm sure bitcoin still have huge space to grow up & crush another currency
legendary
Activity: 1316
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
In the future the economy in the world will be much more close than we have today, even poor have the chance to invest located not in his own country, wall street recognize the reality and lead people of the whole world make the price of bitcoin sky high and use it to do goods exchange
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
I don't expect it to Sky Rocket for a while. Due to its instability, it won't be hitting mainstream for a long while. As more people discover bitcoin though, it will definately increase the price a bit as it's more well known. For it to reach its peak again is unlikely imo.
legendary
Activity: 840
It's still early in the game. if you ask someone on the street what "Bitcoin" is, they look at you as if your speaking a foreign language Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
It will remain unstable for quite some years. Market cap is way too low for any kind of stability.

With very thin orderbooks a single whale can cause the price to drop significantly.

I hope at some point in the future there will be only 1 orderbook left. That will bring more stability.

I don't know about "some years"... I have the feeling that if there isn't an explosion of market cap in the near future (2/3 years), the future of bitcoin is compromised and it simply isn't "taking off".
Let's see where we're going.
Activity: 309
bitcoin is unstable now as we still are in the very beginning of it. eventually it will be more stable.
with current price you can get yourself a good position in bitcoin at a great price.

People are rather strange beings indeed. They want bitcoin price stability which means that the price won't change much ("eventually it will be more stable"), and at the same time they want bitcoin to start pursuing new heights and highs ("with current price you can get yourself a good position in bitcoin at a great[er] price")...

Bitcoin must be a little more stable , ok for decrease but not a fatal one ( example from 500$ to 300$)
if bitcoin not stable this would not help bitcoin be world wide
Pages:
Jump to: