Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you guys think about the Old coins? - page 2. (Read 2651 times)

Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
LOL.. going by your definition, most of the coins in top 10 right now are "old coins". Bitcoin was invented in 2008 and was first mined in 2009. Ethereum ICO happened in 2014. Ripple's initial release was on 2012. In case of Cardano, the ICO started in 2015. Dogecoin was first introduced in 2013. So going by your definition, almost all of the top coins are "oldies". Among the top 10, I could find only Uniswap, that was created at a later date (created in 2018 by Hayden Adams and listed two years later in 2020).

If you are talking about coins that became obsolete after 2017, then there is a point. One example is TRX. Used to have a market cap of $15 billion. The current market cap is less than 1/4th of that.

Is it not a crazy thing that a project only a few years old can be considered old in this space? And Defi coins are even worse, if it is 2019 it is considered old and that is not even two years old!

Just goes to show the hype industry of defi and how short their lifespans are. If you think TRX is obsolete now,,, How about Waves:) I feel sad every time I think about it!
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
Hello Guys,

Coins on top for 2017 like EOS, VET, ZEC, DASH, NANO, XTZ...
Can they compete with existing coins like DOT, LINK, coins on DEfi.

Should I invest in old coins?

Looking at the current trend it seems difficult for old coins to compete with new platform Defi, I've also sold my old coins such as EOS, Waves, Ethereum classic, and Monero. I just save my money and survive in this crypto.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
unpleasant to use after the new ones. At first I was happy with btc, then eth, and now trx
Activity: 1017
Merit: 107
Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card
bitcoin and ethereum are indeed decent coins to invest in, but I think they are not sure to increase every year, because the market is volatile, and we see bullruns again after 4 years. therefore we must be able to take advantage of the moment, because we do not know how long the bullrun will happen again
look at price historical , its true bitcoin price will rise alot based on 4year cycle after halving. but don't forget in cryptocurrency market , fundamental was very dinamic and it can change anytime . Based on price history , this quarter should be most bullish but unfortunately we see all cryptocurrency drop hardly. Beside bitcoin and ethereum, there are alot coins have same potency like bitcoin and ethereum have. We just didn't find it yet and only lucky investors could be the early investors.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 450
It's up to you mate, no one can predict what will happen to these coins, On my part, I am not into old coins cause I dont think that they would be profitable in the future especially those in the inactive community. I am into new crypto coins as I can earn money from them only for a week, the thing about new coins is that it is only good for short-term investment so when I already gain x3 I will pull it out right away.
yes, it all depends on your decision. it's just, I see old coins have greater potential than new coins if held for a long time.
I am currently holding some new coins, whose initial listing price on the exchange is higher than the initial price. but, slowly, the price is falling, even very deep. however, I've held ethereum long term, and the price has been getting higher and higher. well, do your own research. but, right now, I'm also stuck on the new coin.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
Old coins mught not give you the 500x profit. But the fact that they lived 'till this moment gives faith. BTC is the oldest but still the most valuable. I'm holding LTC and ETH and feeling safe about it.
Yes, but if we look at Bitcoin's history to date, Bitcoin has already provided more than 500x profits for users and holders, so don't underestimate the old coins that are still alive just because new coins are deliberately pumped to attract the attention of many people.
If the price of old currencies goes down it will take a long time to go up new currencies usually try to pump in the market. I think bitcoin and ethereum are the best of the old currencies even if the price of these goes down, it will go up again there is no chance of getting lost most of the old coins are scammed.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Hello Guys,

LOL.. going by your definition, most of the coins in top 10 right now are "old coins". Bitcoin was invented in 2008 and was first mined in 2009. Ethereum ICO happened in 2014. Ripple's initial release was on 2012. In case of Cardano, the ICO started in 2015. Dogecoin was first introduced in 2013. So going by your definition, almost all of the top coins are "oldies". Among the top 10, I could find only Uniswap, that was created at a later date (created in 2018 by Hayden Adams and listed two years later in 2020).

If you are talking about coins that became obsolete after 2017, then there is a point. One example is TRX. Used to have a market cap of $15 billion. The current market cap is less than 1/4th of that.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 100
That is very true with what you suggest in investing options, but most people nowadays are investing in altcoins that have moved higher for example in Doge, BT or other Altcoins. maybe they hope the coin will return to a higher price than it is today. that might just be what many people think
Activity: 1442
Merit: 116
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I think old coins are coins that have good prospects, the proof is that until now they are still surviving and growing in a crypto, although the growth is relatively slow, but the value is very stable, so it has a high integrity.  Compared to new coins, and is very suitable as long-term investment.
Like Bitcoin and Ethereum it is an old coin and both still survive and remain the top coins,
both coins are also very good for long-term investment because every year they increase,
but indeed for now both bitcoin and ethereum have decreased so that it also has an impact on other coins
bitcoin and ethereum are indeed decent coins to invest in, but I think they are not sure to increase every year, because the market is volatile, and we see bullruns again after 4 years. therefore we must be able to take advantage of the moment, because we do not know how long the bullrun will happen again
Activity: 854
Depends on you, how know and understand about that project you want to invest. If the old coins suits with your profile investment then you should go to invest on it, but i personally prefer to invest on new coins especially NFT project.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
Maybe no, their trend has been ended, now it is the time of new and potential coins which are developing very fast and adding many new and interesting things in their project. People always follow those whom they are interested in. Cardano(ADA) has become famous so many people are interested in it and investing their money. You can see other old coins like Binance Smart Chain and Ethereum. They are still famous because their team is working and updating new things daily.
Activity: 585
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Hello Guys,

I don't think so. of course it will be increasingly difficult for the coins you mention to compete at this time where new coins continue to appear,
if you are sure to invest there is nothing wrong, but in my opinion the possibility to get a little profit and a high level of risk. you better analyze much more deeply before investing, because in the future no one knows for sure.
Activity: 1064
Combo Network
I think old coins are coins that have good prospects, the proof is that until now they are still surviving and growing in a crypto, although the growth is relatively slow, but the value is very stable, so it has a high integrity.  Compared to new coins, and is very suitable as long-term investment.
Like Bitcoin and Ethereum it is an old coin and both still survive and remain the top coins,
both coins are also very good for long-term investment because every year they increase,
but indeed for now both bitcoin and ethereum have decreased so that it also has an impact on other coins
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
Hello Guys,

Bitcoin and Dogecoin are old coins half of the coins in my portfolio are old coins, the technology is evolving we must always consider letting go of coins that are mismanaged and up and coming new coins in the market if we don't do that we are going to lose, always follow the coins you've invested in and look for new coins that can bring something to the community, do not very much tie up to one coin. 
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
of course they can op because they are old coins and old coins are trusted and have more experience than the new one but new coins can have new features that cannot be found in the older coins but they must first build their reputation  .
go on and invest more on old coins if you havent get enough of them .
you can buy some new coins too but dont hold longer if you saw a strange movement .
- Their experience is time living with the market full of pitfalls, it's quite useful for existence but they are quite rudimentary in feature development and their development has reached certain saturation points, months to a few changes and years to a few new upgrades, we will be quite boring to wait for a diversification from them while new coins are more active in this diversity. But youth is perhaps carelessness with innocent steps. Sometimes many projects are shaken by pitfalls, it is difficult to be on par with old projects.
This totally makes sense, although it is not bad to invest with old coins, the market movement resulted from buying behavior of new generation enthusiasts has been shifted. Today, trend is something that must be kept in mind because this will highly benefit an investor by pursuing coins that are currently in demand and have higher price. Although in reliability and sustainability, old coins have indeed potentials but research on its profits and market trend must be done because new practices can hurt such potentials.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
of course they can op because they are old coins and old coins are trusted and have more experience than the new one but new coins can have new features that cannot be found in the older coins but they must first build their reputation  .
go on and invest more on old coins if you havent get enough of them .
you can buy some new coins too but dont hold longer if you saw a strange movement .
- Their experience is time living with the market full of pitfalls, it's quite useful for existence but they are quite rudimentary in feature development and their development has reached certain saturation points, months to a few changes and years to a few new upgrades, we will be quite boring to wait for a diversification from them while new coins are more active in this diversity. But youth is perhaps carelessness with innocent steps. Sometimes many projects are shaken by pitfalls, it is difficult to be on par with old projects.
Activity: 180
Merit: 5
Old coins mught not give you the 500x profit. But the fact that they lived 'till this moment gives faith. BTC is the oldest but still the most valuable. I'm holding LTC and ETH and feeling safe about it.
Activity: 177
Merit: 50
My Dream Comes True
Hello Guys,

There is nothing wrong with old coins if developers and communities still exist. The most important thing is about the development of the project or usecase. What we need to do is depth research because we don't know how the future going on but sometimes the risk can be minimized if a coins have a strong community and fundamentals
Activity: 88
Merit: 3
With the development of the blockchain, countless cryptocurrencies are issued every year. For example, the hottest token in 2017 still exists and remains popular this year. It can be promoted to more cryptocurrency users during its existence. It is very friendly to the development of tokens. Holding old cryptocurrencies can still bring you higher returns. Just like btc and eth, the tokens will not lose competitiveness due to the passage of time, but their status will be deeply rooted!
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
SURVIVE | P2E
Old coins for me are like diamond gems which is for me still the best to invest with knowing that they are already an establish cryptocurrency and have exists for so long and if I were to choose what old coins to invest these are my choices: EOS, LTC, BCH, TRX and XRP.
Pages:
Jump to: