Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about PMC coin ? - page 2. (Read 3830 times)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250
February 21, 2014, 10:16:16 PM
Please calm down, Xenopus. No need to give that troll a stage.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
February 21, 2014, 10:00:25 PM

You don't deserve a donation.

In fact someone donated me some LTC, thanks Smiley

And my penis is 11 feet long.
Activity: 137
February 21, 2014, 09:59:38 PM
The problem here is that all the replies come from users involved in PMC. Not unbiased.I look constanly poloniex and today, after my post, many people are dumping.
If I was useful to someone please tip me.

BTC address 14biFENcmrG9xW7yaHyDFMcjnokrWuHwst

LTC address Lga7nqNYMcWYGpKzLFW6GVhGipkZeU7D3t

Go away, you greedy, incoherent little twerp.
February 21, 2014, 09:43:50 PM
I don't understand the rationale for mining this coin for tx fees. I can't imagine it's anywhere close to profitable. So basically the coin is running on hype and charitable miners?

Well, just point Your asics to PMC and see Yourself. I didn't do the math, since I don't got any asics. I assume mining PMC tx fees is more profitable than mining BTC.
February 21, 2014, 09:22:40 PM
PMC reflects the value of all serious cryptocoins, but without inflation. PMC will find its place, no hype needed.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
February 21, 2014, 08:40:17 PM
I don't understand the rationale for mining this coin for tx fees. I can't imagine it's anywhere close to profitable. So basically the coin is running on hype and charitable miners?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
February 21, 2014, 07:27:46 PM
It just got dumped. lol
PMC endured much bigger dumps so far.

Yep. As long distribution increases, then the concept is holding up. Although saying that, a few people have caught on and are trying to buy up as much PMC as they can. I have mixed feelings about that, but I can't knock people for being opportunists.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
February 21, 2014, 06:54:59 PM
It just got dumped. lol
PMC endured much bigger dumps so far.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
February 21, 2014, 05:43:08 PM
It just got dumped. lol
February 21, 2014, 05:07:24 PM
That fact that you don't hear much about PMC is because the Premine community aren't hypers and pumpers. Because of the way PMC is, pumping it would be incredibly expensive and extremely difficult to do. There's no big hype because there aren't enough people who can afford to buy in and hype it. No instaminers with big piles of coins who will tell you it's "the next big thing".

Think of a few coins that have been very popular on the forums but haven't been hyped at all or raved about. I bet you can think of a few.

There's no hype because there's no pumpers and dumpers. The only dumpers are some of the early hoarders, and once they're bought out that's it. You can't instamine Premine. You can't throw tons of hashpower at it and get lots more coins. You'll just dilute the amount of coins everyone gets including yourself. You can't throw money at it to pump it, unless you have tens of BTC. If you do then a pump like that would push the price so high that it would be difficult for it to come down with the massive amount of exposure the coin would get.

Prices were hovering around at 0.0002 until someone came along with some BTC and started buying up Premine. It soared past 0.001 and reached 47th place on Coinmarketcap the day it was listed. It's now hovering around 0.0005. The price had to come down, but if you look at the historical prices over at Poloniex, then you can see after the big rise the price hasn't dipped back down to 0.0002.

If someone pushed it to 0.002, then it may settle at 0.001. The point is that Premine is too rare to for any Joe Bloggs to come and manipulate the price. Anyone who does needs a lot of money, and that means investors and big players. The harder they push the price, the harder it will be to come back down. They may very well set up floor values the coin will never see again.

This is all a matter of record. You can check Poloniex for yourselves. It would just take one exchange with big volume and one big buyer to make this coin so highly priced that you wish you got in now when you had the chance.

If nobody's talking about it, it's because they're too busy trying to make PMC the next big thing. Lots of development going on. So you don't like PMC because it's not a hyped pump and dump garbage coin? Then so be it. Don't say I didn't try to explain it to you.

If you read the Premine thread you'll see a lot of thinkers and planners. Exactly the kind of people you need to develop a coin for long term value.
Activity: 196
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 21, 2014, 04:51:07 PM
lol annpaol
Your whole contribution to the forum is spamming your adresses everywhere and being butthurt when people disagree with your ass pulled predictions.
Now you want to discredit PMC to keep prices low, because you "predicted" the price would never reach 0.0018 BTC again.
You are obviously not interested in a discussion. You are just a insecure troll who wants to save his face.

+1

Sour Grapes.  Kinda sad...
Activity: 72
February 21, 2014, 04:48:10 PM
lol annpaol
Your whole contribution to the forum is spamming your adresses everywhere and being butthurt when people disagree with your ass pulled predictions.
Now you want to discredit PMC to keep prices low, because you "predicted" the price would never reach 0.0018 BTC again.
You are obviously not interested in a discussion. You are just a insecure troll who wants to save his face.
Activity: 84
February 21, 2014, 04:22:27 PM

You don't deserve a donation.

In fact someone donated me some LTC, thanks Smiley
February 21, 2014, 02:31:20 PM
To maintain this I propose that besides the transaction fees for the miners, we also have a "PMC Community Approved" moniker for businesses who in addition to creating transaction fees, also donate a portion of their proceeds to the faucets AND/OR to charities....

Bitciontalk.org will keep people honest....

The idea of an investor group for Premine has been discussed a few times, and I think it's under consideration for Premine's new website.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
Bass Player
February 21, 2014, 02:15:52 PM
"Not faux wealth like other coins that claim to be fair where the majority of the coins are in the hands of a handful of big investors."

This statement above is the true beauty of all decentralized currencies... There is not central bank/government forcing you to participate when wealth inequality goes completely hyperbolic... the 'little guys' will simply stop participating and it will all collapse ( as it should )

The PMC community was born by giving ALL of it away to as many people as possible and we still are giving it away ( albeit in smaller doses now )
This bodes well for the longevity of the project... i.e. initially less wealth inequality.

To maintain this I propose that besides the transaction fees for the miners, we also have a "PMC Community Approved" moniker for businesses who in addition to creating transaction fees, also donate a portion of their proceeds to the faucets AND/OR to charities....

Bitciontalk.org will keep people honest....

February 21, 2014, 01:55:50 PM
I invested over 4 BTC in Premine for the following reasons:
- I was sick of the altcoin pump & dump scene
- simplicity by proven concept (BTC)
- I was intriged by the idea of running a Tx fee only coin
- Low to no risk for farm mining monopoly
- ASIC abuse would only speed up transactions, diff bombs would boost block rewards until retarget (who minds that)
- network could in theory run on a few CPUs, the most environmental coin there is!

100% of the coins are mined, if I own 1% today I will own that same piece of the pie in a year from now.
All the elements are here to create a stable alternative for storing BTC.

I was too late for the giveaway at the start, I received 35 PMC and donated that to the block rewarder.
Every day I burn up to 25 PMC per block rewarder script I run to keep the blocks filled in this startup phase, I'm not just hoarding but participating.

I really have to give you props. You saw the value of PMC and weren't afraid to invest. I hope you are one of the first in line to reap the benefits when PMC reaches its potential. That fact you're even giving away PMC back to the network shows goes to show what makes PMC such a great coin. It has a community that really cares about its future.

Both me and JohnnyVicious run "Block Rewarder" scripts to inject extra rewards into newly minded blocks for miners. These come out of our own pockets, and I've also had generous donations from the community to keep my Block Rewarder up and running. I've never known such a valuable coin to give back so much. This is PMC's big plan. If you give the coin to enough people, eventually it will gain critical mass. If enough people hold a worthwhile amount of PMC, we can begin to create real wealth distribution. Not faux wealth like other coins that claim to be fair where the majority of the coins are in the hands of a handful of big investors.

When those coins crash and burn, Premine will still be here.
Activity: 229
https://forum.positroncrypto.com/
February 21, 2014, 01:41:40 PM
i think pmc is a great experiment! i truelly think this is how alot of coins will be made from now on. its a good way to go imo, i love pmc and i think they are gonna be worth quite abit, im not selling and probly wont for awhile!
thats what i think
Activity: 238
February 21, 2014, 01:39:25 PM
I don't think people get the main fact about pre-mine... The cost to maintain the price of the coin is ZERO.
Lets take Bitcoin for a moment and assume a price of 500 USD each....

25 new Bitcoins are produced ever 10 minutes... that is 3600 BTC a day... @ 500 USD we need to inject 1.8 MILLION dollars into the system just to maintain the price of 500 USD each.... or 657 million dollars a year.... Bitcoin has been doing this easily, admittedly and as the block rewards go down this will decrease. Eventually the bitcoin network will be supported only by transaction fees... and the price won't need the injection of capital to stay up... that is in the year 2160 or so.... OR

That day is NOW. Premine coin IS BTC in everyway, address space, sha256, 10 minute blocks etc..everything EXCEPT MNC has zero block awards.
And strangely it actually s distributed more evenly amongst it's users than Bitcoin itself... ( Think Winklevoss Twins etc )

Because no new coins are injected into the system there is ZERO price maintanence costs. We have skipped that entire era and do not even have the blockchain bloat the BTC has...

The PMC community was born with a pay it forward/giving mentality and even to this day someone will probably send you some free ones... This era will end eventually, but you certainly can get some on the cheap at the echanges....

This coin is similar to Unobtanium in it's rarity, improves on Unobtanium with a good community
( I give kudos to UNO though, very exciting stuff now )
I think PMC will find a niche in charity, wealth storage, and hopefully a steadier hedge against the wild fluctuations of more hyped coins ( Doge )

It is BTC, like BTC will be in the future...  If PMC does well, that means BTC will continue to do well for the foreseable future...

facepalm

There'll be a lot of facepalming once Bitcoin stops minting, I agree.  Wink

PMC is in every sense BTC fastforwarded 10 years.

Most Bitcoins have been seized, lost, stolen or otherwise mishandled. The total amount in circulation in ten years time will be a mere fraction of 21 million. Also take into account that all you'll be mining is the transaction fees, and there you have it. PMC is a proof of concept of something that will eventually happen to Bitcoin.

The only thing Premine can't determine is whether or not BTC will survive the transition between minting and being able to mine transaction fees when the coin has an $8 billion+ market cap. PMC never had this issue as its market cap effectively began at 0.

Additionally, another major problem for Bitcoin is actually if it draws too much success. What if the price were 100-fold? What then? Could people even afford to send transactions to one another? What would be the lowest possible denomination to 1 cent or 1 penny?

At least PMC asks questions. Nobody is saying PMC will be as big as Bitcoin. We're not into hype. We're just saying it is Bitcoin's future. Unless Bitcoin changes its future, this is the model it will have. Like it or not.

+1
February 21, 2014, 01:21:50 PM
I don't think people get the main fact about pre-mine... The cost to maintain the price of the coin is ZERO.

25 new Bitcoins are produced ever 10 minutes... that is 3600 BTC a day... @ 500 USD we need to inject 1.8 MILLION dollars into the system just to maintain the price of 500 USD each.... or 657 million dollars a year.... Bitcoin has been doing this easily, admittedly and as the block rewards go down this will decrease. Eventually the bitcoin network will be supported only by transaction fees... and the price won't need the injection of capital to stay up... that is in the year 2160 or so.... OR

That day is NOW. Premine coin IS BTC in everyway, address space, sha256, 10 minute blocks etc..everything EXCEPT MNC has zero block awards.
And strangely it actually s distributed more evenly amongst it's users than Bitcoin itself... ( Think Winklevoss Twins etc )

Because no new coins are injected into the system there is ZERO price maintanence costs. We have skipped that entire era and do not even have the blockchain bloat the BTC has...

The PMC community was born with a pay it forward/giving mentality and even to this day someone will probably send you some free ones... This era will end eventually, but you certainly can get some on the cheap at the echanges....

This coin is similar to Unobtanium in it's rarity, improves on Unobtanium with a good community
I think PMC will find a niche in charity, wealth storage, and hopefully a steadier hedge against the wild fluctuations of more hyped coins ( Doge )

It is BTC, like BTC will be in the future...  If PMC does well, that means BTC will continue to do well for the foreseable future...

facepalm

There'll be a lot of facepalming once Bitcoin stops minting, I agree.  Wink

PMC is in every sense BTC fastforwarded 10 years.

Most Bitcoins have been seized, lost, stolen or otherwise mishandled. The total amount in circulation in ten years time will be a mere fraction of 21 million. Also take into account that all you'll be mining is the transaction fees, and there you have it. PMC is a proof of concept of something that will eventually happen to Bitcoin.

The only thing Premine can't determine is whether or not BTC will survive the transition between minting and being able to mine transaction fees when the coin has an $8 billion+ market cap. PMC never had this issue as its market cap effectively began at 0.

Additionally, another major problem for Bitcoin is actually if it draws too much success. What if the price were 100-fold? What then? Could people even afford to send transactions to one another? What would be the lowest possible denomination to 1 cent or 1 penny?

At least PMC asks questions. Nobody is saying PMC will be as big as Bitcoin. We're not into hype. We're just saying it is Bitcoin's future. Unless Bitcoin changes its future, this is the model it will have. Like it or not.
Activity: 434
February 21, 2014, 01:15:21 PM

facepalm
Pages:
Jump to: