Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 41. (Read 76730 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
DanJoN
Bitcoin give me  chance to have more profit than my investment, all I can think of a disadvantages are first high transaction fees, and will not all establishment accept bitcoin as a currency, but hopefully and I think for sure bitcoin will become one of the main currency used in a daily living Smiley
Activity: 590
Merit: 500
As long as i'm struggling in bitcoin world i never feel the loss. Bitcoin also gives me jobs that pay more than my real job ....
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
Transaction costs are rising and expensive, I think the future coin is a small fee, a year ago we can send bitcoin for free, but currently it takes at least $ 2.5 to send bitcoin.
Its only natural to bitcoin to have a hugh fee than before because bitcoin price now is a lot higher than before. If bitcoin falls the bitcoin fee will also reduced.
No you're in error, the inpressive price of Bitcoin has little or nothing to do with the high transaction fee people are having to pay these days as against what it used to be. Mining difficulty have increased tremendously and requests for transacrions confirmation have plummated causing the network to be conjested. 
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Started developing blockchain applications in 2014
In my opinion,  No valuation guarantee and bitcoins are not widely accepted are the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
According to the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin is: 1. It's price is very volatility and decrease/increase at a very high pace.

2. If your BItcoin lose, then you cannot regain it. In simple words you lost it forever.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
Yes, this are the disadvantages of bitcoin, it is not yet introduce to other countries like in our country (Philippines) when you ask someone about bitcoin not all people can answer what really bitcoin is. When it comes to business industries there are also limited establishment who is currently accepting payment thru bitcoin. When it comes to price stability, yes it's true, bitcoin's price varies from the number of investor and other issues that will affect the price stability of bitcoin.

But, if bitcoin will introduce and spread throughout the world it will become a great help to everybody since bitcoin really helps for better transaction specially in transfering funds.

I think the disadvantages of bitcoin are, first, it is not mainstream or common in the other countries. In it limited to other prople who does not know about bitcoin. Secondly, I think the transaction of its payment. Thee are some that still does not accept bitcoin as a payment for their purchases. Third and lastly, the disadvantage of butcoib is the price instabiliy. We don't know when will it be fluctuate or not.
Activity: 672
Merit: 10
Honestly, i know bitcoin about 20 months ago, then the price is still cheap only about $ 220, i buy about 2 btc and i just use for gambling and run out.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
Transaction costs are rising and expensive, I think the future coin is a small fee, a year ago we can send bitcoin for free, but currently it takes at least $ 2.5 to send bitcoin.
The days of free transactions are over and we need to accept it, those days are never going to come back but with segwit we may regain some sense of sanity on the subject of fees once again, but make no mistake the issue of fees is always going to be with bitcoin.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
The biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is that it 9is not truly anonymous
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

Bitcoin transactions require a fee to be collected by miners on the network. They charge higher fees for faster proccessing of transactions. Using the normal or the cheapest rate for transfering bitcoins to an external wallet usually takes hours or days before the transaction is confirmed, while it will take only a few minutes if you pay a higher fee. And of course, the fees are affected by the bitcoin's price. As its value keeps on getting higher, the fixed transaction rates or fees also gets higher.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
I think bitcoin price is pumping & dumping at any time it's one of the big disadvantages.
You are wrong. Absolutely Bitcoin price pumps and dumps but just sometimes it go down like the others cryptocurrency. We are investing, that's why we have to choose the best and suitable currency to buy and sell it at the right time to gain more income. The biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin is still a lot country don't accept Bitcoin as a legal money.
I do not understand why fluctuations are considered as disadvantage. They are indeed the great essence of bitcoin trading. So far, bitcoins do not have any serious disadvantage. The major drawback is same in my opinion. Rather I consider it cruel that many countries are keeping their public deprived of enjoying amazing features of bitcoins. I hope soon the world will understand the real potential of bitcoins and make them legal.
Only those that do not trade consider that a disadvantage, you cannot trade if there are not price fluctuations, and the bigger the fluctuations, the bigger the chances to make money for the experimented traders, also the bigger the movements the easier is for the non trader to earn money since there is no way to miss a hundred dollar movement unless you are blind.
Activity: 616
The main things that are bitcoins advantages are at the same time its' disadvantages. Independency and decentralization. There is no central body to control and regulate it and in financial world that is almost impossible and not acceptable. Also the speed of transactions could be disadvantage, cause sometimes they are very slow,but after segwit transaction speed will rises. Cool
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
firstly, hacker can attach our wallet anywhere.
secondly, Bitcoin is seen as electronic coin, So, price is unstable
thirdly, Bitcoin don't is for impatient person. You have to so patient to get Bitcoin by Posting topic, taking part in campaigns to get more Bitcoin
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
Its only natural to bitcoin to have a hugh fee than before because bitcoin price now is a lot higher than before. If bitcoin falls the bitcoin fee will also reduced.

In fiat, yes. The price is the factor that's affecting it a lot. But in bitcoin terms, the transaction fee is also increasing a lot. Back then, the transaction fee isn't 0.001BTC and no one could have predicted that it will blow up to this. Before, they used to earn 0.001BTC really really hard because people only knew about faucets. That's why every now and then you would see bitcoin users here that are ranting about the huge transaction fee. They were the one that have been in this for a long time enough to see the transaction fee very very cheap.

With the amount of how many people are using bitcoins and how many people are transacting every minute, the transaction fee is surely going to blow up. There's a "bidding" going on on who's going to be the highest priority and the lowest. Of course the person who pays the most transaction fee would be the highest priority.
Activity: 560
Crypterium - Digital Cryptobank with Credit Token
Activity: 588
I think the disadvantages of bitcoin are, first, it is not mainstream or common in the other countries. In it limited to other prople who does not know about bitcoin. Secondly, I think the transaction of its payment. Thee are some that still does not accept bitcoin as a payment for their purchases. Third and lastly, the disadvantage of butcoib is the price instabiliy. We don't know when will it be fluctuate or not.

Bad things can always be looked at us a good thing, I guess.

Bitcoin is not mainstream and not much of merchants are accepting it. But so what? You can always exchange your bitcoin to fiat and have a transaction. Bitcoin not being mainstream is a good thing because that means we are prone to less dramas. There are dramas today about segwit and whatnot but that's a lot less than what we would have if there are more people involved.

Since bitcoin hasn't made that much scene yet, the government doesn't really care about it yet. Once there are millions of bitcoin users, the government will start implementing taxes on transactions and ruin our peace here. They might even start bashing bitcoins or prohibiting it, although they are more likely to fail miserably on that.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
Activity: 882
Merit: 326
I think the biggest loss in bitcoin is not knowing bitcoin. If we really understand with bitcoin surely we get big advantage. Here we can become entrepreneurs with big profits if we know about bitcoin ...
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
Aside from its immense volatility and the fact that many governments are still against the use of Bitcoin, I think one of the things that is preventing Bitcoin from reaching its own potential is the fact that decision makers are not having one voice on many matters on debate and they could not act fast which lead somehow to the stagnation of Bitcoin lately. I hope this can be corrected soon.
Pages:
Jump to: