Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 43. (Read 76730 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I think bitcoin price is pumping & dumping at any time it's one of the big disadvantages.
You are wrong. Absolutely Bitcoin price pumps and dumps but just sometimes it go down like the others cryptocurrency. We are investing, that's why we have to choose the best and suitable currency to buy and sell it at the right time to gain more income. The biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin is still a lot country don't accept Bitcoin as a legal money.

We can also claim that that is the biggest disadvantage of all the existing currency. Even dollars isn't actually accepted in foreign countries. You still have to convert your dollars, which is quite a famous currency, into their local currency before it gets accepted.

I think it's actually an advantage of bitcoin because in the long run, the situation can be changed. Fiat currencies will always be only exclusive for the local people. Like, Yen will always be only used in Japan. In case that Japan conquers another country, there might be a chance that they will start using Yen as well but surely Japan will not conquer the whole world.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, is flexible. Bitcoin can become a universal currency because it's not under any government. Bitcoin can be used in Japan, in China, in USA, without any hassle at all. You can use it but at the moment, there's not much merchants accepting it. It's only a matter of time and mass adoption for it to be changed.

I think the biggest disadvantage and at the same time advantage of bitcoin is its nature being decentralized. Since the government cannot regulate it, it can be a potential gateway for illegal activities and it also cannot be tracked. Lack of government intervention results to its price being highly volatile but it can also be considered as an advantage for investors. Another thing, one big disadvantage of bitcoin is the accessibility of it to the public. One may require an internet connection to be able to have an opportunity to earn bitcoin but most of the population around the world lives in the poverty area which does not have any access to these.

A lot of people here (apparently) are ranting about how bitcoin requires an Internet connection in order to be accessed. I mean, what other network do we have in the world? The Internet is the only thing that connects each and everyone of us and if you don't have it, then you're practically disconnected to others. The people that don't have an Internet connection don't really affect the economy here.

They can't afford the Internet, thus, bitcoin surely outprices them. They wouldn't have any money to add to the pool of bitcoin. They can't affect us in anyway, they can't even spread FUD because they don't have an Internet connection and FUD is the most basic form of affecting other people.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
I think bitcoin price is pumping & dumping at any time it's one of the big disadvantages.
You are wrong. Absolutely Bitcoin price pumps and dumps but just sometimes it go down like the others cryptocurrency. We are investing, that's why we have to choose the best and suitable currency to buy and sell it at the right time to gain more income. The biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin is still a lot country don't accept Bitcoin as a legal money.

We can also claim that that is the biggest disadvantage of all the existing currency. Even dollars isn't actually accepted in foreign countries. You still have to convert your dollars, which is quite a famous currency, into their local currency before it gets accepted.

I think it's actually an advantage of bitcoin because in the long run, the situation can be changed. Fiat currencies will always be only exclusive for the local people. Like, Yen will always be only used in Japan. In case that Japan conquers another country, there might be a chance that they will start using Yen as well but surely Japan will not conquer the whole world.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, is flexible. Bitcoin can become a universal currency because it's not under any government. Bitcoin can be used in Japan, in China, in USA, without any hassle at all. You can use it but at the moment, there's not much merchants accepting it. It's only a matter of time and mass adoption for it to be changed.

I think the biggest disadvantage and at the same time advantage of bitcoin is its nature being decentralized. Since the government cannot regulate it, it can be a potential gateway for illegal activities and it also cannot be tracked. Lack of government intervention results to its price being highly volatile but it can also be considered as an advantage for investors. Another thing, one big disadvantage of bitcoin is the accessibility of it to the public. One may require an internet connection to be able to have an opportunity to earn bitcoin but most of the population around the world lives in the poverty area which does not have any access to these.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Activity: 750
Merit: 258
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
I think generally, these are the disadvantages of BTC:

1. Most elders does not accept bitcoin as part of their daily money involvement, due to their capacity to understand the innovation of technology nowadays.
2. Bitcoin values are unstable in terms of monetary exchange. Values in currency are altered everyday as noticed on the graph situated at coins.ph.
3. BTC cannot function without the aid of other currency providing system such as banks.

#3 that is the case for now but that's not going to be the case forever. Bitcoin is believed to replace fiat currency because the technology of cryptocurrency makes the technology of fiat currency totally obsolete. The only problem that we are facing is the fact that not everyone knows about crypto yet and not everyone is well-informed enough to embrace the idea of it. Once these problems are solved, people will be using bitcoin to transact with each other and prices will be based off bitcoin, not fiat.

Another thing I want to point out is: Let's say that fiat system has destroyed themselves like hyper-inflation or even just long term constant inflation. Bitcoin doesn't get affected by that. As a matter of fact, the affected people might even switch to using bitcoin. Let's say the whole world's fiat system gets destroyed, then bitcoin has nothing to say about it. Bitcoin wouldn't get affected at all. The prices of commodities will be based off bitcoin.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
The biggest disadvantage i can see about the Bitcoin is the delay in confirmation and i could see the transaction fees getting higher i future.We need fast transactions for the bitcoin to be a major player in world economics
Activity: 560
Merit: 111
Corrupted bitcoin-core developers.
Just setup bitcoin-core 2014 https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases/tag/v0.9.1 while it still available for download.
Bitcoin-core developers not trustable anymore, too many political interests, money and speculations.
Activity: 70
I think generally, these are the disadvantages of BTC:

1. Most elders does not accept bitcoin as part of their daily money involvement, due to their capacity to understand the innovation of technology nowadays.
2. Bitcoin values are unstable in terms of monetary exchange. Values in currency are altered everyday as noticed on the graph situated at coins.ph.
3. BTC cannot function without the aid of other currency providing system such as banks.
Activity: 106
I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is it's not stable it might increase or decrease the exchange anytime and it is not worldwide accepted as for now.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
I am a professional Web Designer and Developer
I think the biggest Disadvantages of Bitcoin is, Bitcoin price is not fixed. It dumps and pumps any time. And most of the country is not except Bitcoin.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
Biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that, you are already saving a lot of bitcoin and when the time you need to withdraw it, the bitcoin value is getting lower so it is very disappointing, you will be thinking again if you need to withdraw it or stay and wait again until it goes up.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
The only main disadvantage of the bitcoin is not accepted worldwide. As of now few countries accepting and when its accepted by all over the world then nothing is stopping this bitcoin.
We should not be as impatient when it comes to bitcoin, adoption takes a lot of time, we will probably need another 20 years before we can see if bitcoin is going to be accepted worldwide or not, I know that is a long time for many but it is in fact a small amount of time when viewed in historical terms.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
The biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is scaling process. With increase usage of Bitcoin, blockchain is incompetent to hold transactions. As a result of which fees are increasing dramatically.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
Bitcoin was different to other altcoins or crytocurrencies due to good credibility of bitcoin in the market place. Moreover because bitcoin is one of the pioneer in crytocurrencies industry they catches up the trust of many people due to good fluctuation of value in the market.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Biggest issue I see is that the elderly I'm surrounded by are completely inept with this technology.  It will take some of them months and years to figure it out.  I tried to set up a wallet with my 65 year old father and it just wasn't happening.

Activity: 840
Merit: 254
No, there are no disadvantages with the Bitcoin. Somebody feels like that the code will be hacked by hackers, then our bitcoins will be stolen, like that. No worries at all, bitcoin is complete secure system.

"Explain the fact that you have to pay more than one dollar for a one dollar transaction."
"Explain the fact that everyone's uncertain about what's going to happen to bitcoin after August 1."
"Explain how mining bitcoin is only profitable to people that are already rich in real life."
"Explain how we have to wait days before out transaction gets confirmed despite putting enough transaction fee."

That's just the very limited questions that you will have if ever you make a thread out there saying that bitcoin has no disadvantage. Everything has a flaw and bitcoin is not an exception.
Bitcoin has some problems there is no way to deny that, but the first point is not a problem but a characteristic of bitcoin, the fee charged for a transaction has nothing to do with the amount of money that you are sending but with the size of the transaction itself.
copper member
Activity: 463
Merit: 251
Activity: 1028
Merit: 144
Diamond Hands 💎HODL
The biggest dis advantage of bitcoin is that many countries didnt accept bitcoins and didnt legalized and sokme banks are not changing the value of bitcoin in to a real money,and some banks didnt accept bitcoin.For they should solve their problem on this to prevent any negative comments and complains about bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The only main disadvantage of the bitcoin is not accepted worldwide. As of now few countries accepting and when its accepted by all over the world then nothing is stopping this bitcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
As of now there is no much awareness of this. when the awareness increased the investments also increase and the value of the bitcoin also increases
Pages:
Jump to: