Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 50. (Read 76730 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 105
I do not like too much confirmation of transactions and the inability to use coins without the Internet.
Activity: 96
Merit: 0
The value keeps on fluctuating, not stable. It's no longer easy for newbies to invest in Bitcoins since the value is too high, only people with a lot of money can do that
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
Biggest disadvantages that i am experiencing with Bitcoin is the confirmation problem, it's taking too long before one transaction gets confirmed if you are using low transaction fee. Another one is the high price of transaction fee even if its low you'll be needing 0.002 to start your transaction. With those two reason i fear that we will lose people who are using Bitcoin.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Well, some people would say that confirmations take a lot of time. But this is necessary to maintain the safety of transactions.
Anyway if we compare bitcoin transactions and other remittance service, I think bitcoin is the fastest one. In the past, people were considered the volatility of bitcoin is a disadvantage of bitcoin but now the trader considered it as advantage of bitcoin.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 584
Well, some people would say that confirmations take a lot of time. But this is necessary to maintain the safety of transactions.

well i saw the first person who told that its OK that confirmation takes a lot of time but the safety of transaction is necessary, because i think confirmation time is not the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin, i think bitcoin is very secure currency in the digital world as compare to other crypto currency and for me this is enough.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 373
<------
In my opinion, the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is its rightful value. A currency's value is what people believe for its rightful/acceptable value. So for bitcoin, people who are holding more coins, have greater effect of what will be the coins' value.
Activity: 546
Merit: 256
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

I think the fact that it is a volatile digital currency and because it is a decentralized, no one will ever control it even the government. Also the slow transaction can affect these. Some merchants or sellers want a good profit from what they sell, so if you pay bitcoin, with it's volatility I think the merchant will be thinking not to accept it because it may dump and affect their profit.
Activity: 33
Merit: 12
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
bitcoin price is suddenly up & down I think it's is disadvantages it's my personal opinion.

well i do not think that the price sudden fluctuation is the disadvantage of bitcoin, i you think such that so i think you can change this disadvantage into useful for yourself and it is very simple, everyone takes benefit from price fluctuation of bitcoin like buying bitcoin at low price and selling at high price.
 i think the present problems with bitcoin is high transaction fee and slow speed of transaction because now a days people are very tensed from them.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
I will try to count all that come to my mind.

1-) The transaction speed is very slow.
2-) Blockchain network is very busy.
3-) Transaction fees are very high. This is horrible!

Most worrying things I guess.
I think the main disadvantage of bitcoin is that this is completely anonymous it could be used I terrist activity or another illegal activity and most other advantage these days it very beginning of bitcoin so it ha problems like fees problem tranxition speed etc but this is not the essue in future we can handle this.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Biggest disadvantage that I can see with bitcoin is its long confirmation to the users that makes everyone irritated, which we do not want, waiting for more than 24 hrs., and the price volatility, which we really need most, and one factor of every currency, but we cannot deny that fact that the value of it is unstable and turns to up side down. But the progress of bitcoin is really good, for sure, once these problem solved by the developer I guess, we will have more users and more registrant. And one more thing, I guess, it is not all about bitcoin disadvantage but the user itself.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 259
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
 bitcoin price is suddenly up & down I think it's is disadvantages it's my personal opinion.
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
The biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is a very slow spreading it in the world. This could contribute to a large number of suggestions for earnings in bitcoins. At the expense of the residents of the third world who can't find a decent income in their home countries.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
As for me at Exchange rate fluctuations
Lack of guarantees
Unpredictability
State bans (different countries are differently related to the bitcoin payment system and at any time can introduce all kinds of prohibitions on its use)
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
https://saturn.black
For me, the most important shortcoming of bitcoin is a too long transaction and a high commission if you use small amounts.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think that the high fees are the main obstacle for the massive use of crypto currency. In some countries, you have to pay very large fees when buying a crypto currency or when withdrawing cash. This discourages business and makes it impossible to use crypto currency in everyday life.
the only disadvantage in the present time is the transaction fee, with the passage of time the transaction fee is increasing i hope that this problem will solve on preyority bases which is really creating confusion for the new users.

Added to this is too long to confirm the transaction that got 1week to confirm. Also the volatility of bitcoin price that its not yet acceptable in any worldwide now.
Making friends with someone that is good at mining Bitcoin will allow them to make a bunch of transaction go through much faster than normal.
Another easy route for fast confirmations could be using ViaBTC's transaction accelerator.

Low transaction fees are the least of my issues with Bitcoin because Bitcoin can break really easily.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
Probably we all share the same opinion, fees and confirmation time are bigest issues at the moment. But the problem is also that Bitcoin still isn't widely adopted as a payment method and I would also add reduced anonimity for users. But these things could be improved and Bitcoin needs to adjust.

I think the segwit integration will be a solution for most of our problems with BTC right now. An increase in Block size was really needed and it is a good decision in my opinion. I just hope people will understand the change and adopt BTC in life.

You have to understand that SegWit is still too far fetched right now. It requires 95% of the miner network to signal for SegWit activation but there's only around 30% of them that supports it. An increase in block size surely will help but we can't control the miners. And even with the UASF, they will not just change their mind so easily.

People dislike change. As a matter of fact, they despise it. It's only normal that people aren't embracing bitcoins even when they know about it and that they know it's the future of the currency. People will carry on with their lives without it. People only change when they believe that the change they are doing will be worth it. Converting all your fiat into bitcoins is such a huge change in life since you're putting your money at risk. There's still no way to assure that bitcoin is never going down.
Activity: 774
Merit: 250
I think that the high fees are the main obstacle for the massive use of crypto currency. In some countries, you have to pay very large fees when buying a crypto currency or when withdrawing cash. This discourages business and makes it impossible to use crypto currency in everyday life.
the only disadvantage in the present time is the transaction fee, with the passage of time the transaction fee is increasing i hope that this problem will solve on preyority bases which is really creating confusion for the new users.

Added to this is too long to confirm the transaction that got 1week to confirm. Also the volatility of bitcoin price that its not yet acceptable in any worldwide now.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
the big disadvantge of bitcoin for me is that it is not accessiable by everyone and it can't be used in our every day lives, sure it is still new and people are still not fimalliar with, but for us the people who already use it and know about it need places so we can use them.
The disadvantages you see is not that big to hindrance the success, with time passes by the development shall continue.
One day you will see bitcoin will be widely accepted and it would not be possible if we will not support it now.

That's why even there are problems like delays and transaction fees btc been troubled too, I still left portion of my savings left since we all knew that btc pump and dump scheme may always happen, we might tell it will pump again like it did before.
If you are just using your bitcoin to buy things that you don't really need or to get some cash from it and use it on wants instead of needs then you really need to stop that kind of habit because it will just make you broke and you are right that bitcoin is experience some pumps and dumps but we will just lose the opportunity if we will sell our bitcoin so the best thing to do is to just hold at least 70% of our bitcoin and keep it on a safe wallet.
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
the big disadvantge of bitcoin for me is that it is not accessiable by everyone and it can't be used in our every day lives, sure it is still new and people are still not fimalliar with, but for us the people who already use it and know about it need places so we can use them.
The disadvantages you see is not that big to hindrance the success, with time passes by the development shall continue.
One day you will see bitcoin will be widely accepted and it would not be possible if we will not support it now.

That's why even there are problems like delays and transaction fees btc been troubled too, I still left portion of my savings left since we all knew that btc pump and dump scheme may always happen, we might tell it will pump again like it did before.
Pages:
Jump to: