Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 47. (Read 76730 times)

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
The disadvantage of bitcoin is that the number of bitcoin users is mainly used in developing countries, but in less developed countries, paper money is quite familiar so very few people know about electronic money and there are some people Given that bitcoin is unreliable virtual currency, it is still worrying to use bitcoin.
So that make everyone in every country all over has chance to use Bitcoin is our missions, helping people use Bitcoin or other electronic currencies can provide us good chance to make profit as well as make e-currency community bigger and stronger.
Activity: 602
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
Because bitcoin lacks security rigor, bitcoin management becomes difficult. And the payment by bitcoin because of that there are many obstacles. Criminals can attack to steal at any time because the internet does not restrict anyone
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
I believe it is in its infancy stage and needs many changes to be done. Such as improvements in blockchain technology. There are many holes in the tech and which is making the process very slow. Miners are getting difficulties. The disadvantage of this? Increased mining fees, increased transaction fees and drop in price time to time.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Criminal hackers are laundering money because bitcoin trading is not controlled so many criminals use this currency as a trading method. Hackers can also attack multiple bitcoins and steal.
Activity: 168
The disadvantage of bitcoin is that the number of bitcoin users is mainly used in developing countries, but in less developed countries, paper money is quite familiar so very few people know about electronic money and there are some people Given that bitcoin is unreliable virtual currency, it is still worrying to use bitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
1. Transactions take ages... Even with high fees, they would take a long time, compared to the insta-payment with services like paypal, skrill, etc!
2. Relatively high transaction fees for small payments. Large transactions would profit a lot from Bitcoin, but small transactions are simply not worth it because of the giant fees.
3. You should understand that for many people, Bitcoin is too hard to understand. I mean... some 1s and 0s are suddenly worth $3000? like W0t! And if people don't understand something, they often don't trust it.
4. Bitcoin is used by criminals: It has been in the news multiple times in my country, as many criminals seem to use Bitcoin. This makes people think it is a criminal currency and well... It's quite obvious that people don't want to use a criminal currency.
5. Fluctuating prices: The prices are rocketing up, then crashing down ALL THE TIME! For many people, that seems too dangerous to put their money into. And then you got the others, who think eZ profits, lose money and then lose trust in Bitcoin... I see this as positive, but it's ofcourse unrealistic to use it as regular payment method... I mean... 1 month your salary is worth $2500/month and the next it's only $1200/month... You see that happening? Anyways, that's what bothers many people.

Many people just don't trust Bitcoin, which really keeps it from growing even more rapidly. Fix these and it will grow far more rapidly. I can assure you that!

Regards,
Trump
Activity: 8
The first is not easy to use bitcoin without the knowledge of technology and the real learning about bitcoin is very difficult to use as well as dealing with it.
Secondly, bitcoin prices fluctuate at sharp increase, at sharp decline. Most of the fluctuations in the world that affect electronic money can cause bitcoin prices to fluctuate.
Activity: 301
Merit: 100
I realize that some things that make Bitcoin unacceptable are as formal as:
- The transaction time is too long
- Loss of transaction fees
- Many unknown
- Involves many unlawful events
- People are accustomed to popular payment methods, they hesitate to change
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Look ARROUND!
Its volatility is its chink in the armour. This is what keeps people from doing more with Bitcoin.

if Bitcoin is like a stock on the stock exchange in that speculation is what drives the price, then Bitcoin is being speculated on too much for its own good.

It keeps people from using it as a currency but obviously people are happy to have it as an asset, the question is can it survive long term as an asset or does it need that real utility?
Bitcoin can survive for a while if more people use it for certain things that they do online and off the Internet. If there is nothing to purchase than there would be no real point to using Bitcoin because there wouldn't be anyone who would want digital junk downloaded onto their computer.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
We have a risk in both fiat and bitcoin money. But for every problem we have solution. In fiat transaction also some fraud thing will happen example credit card fraud transaction but here we have customer support to get help, this facility we don't have in bitcoin trasnmction. Today we don't have, but in future, i think it will come. So try to make bitcoin famous later all issues will solve automatically.

I doubt that. With your example alone, we can conclude that that's not the case in real life. Fiat transactions are all popular. Literally everyone in this world that don't live in some island are having transactions in fiat everyday. Yet, there are still flaws. Fraudsters are still there. Credit cards still get stolen. You can still be scammed or deceived by someone. There's just no perfect system in life and we have to accept that there will never be.

In bitcoin, things like that also happen. All newbies were scammed before. Even the people here that says "Legendary" in their rank were once scammed by a cloud mining company or ponzi. About the customer support, that's never going to happen with bitcoins. You can hire someone to do that but I really doubt that someone can be so powerful on the Internet that he can trace bitcoin transactions and where was the thief from or in which bank did he cash the money out.

Customer supports for bank transfers can easily trace the thief because their system is centralized and their logs shows enough information. In bitcoin, there's just a ledger but no whereabouts.
Activity: 47
Its volatility is its chink in the armour. This is what keeps people from doing more with Bitcoin.

if Bitcoin is like a stock on the stock exchange in that speculation is what drives the price, then Bitcoin is being speculated on too much for its own good.

It keeps people from using it as a currency but obviously people are happy to have it as an asset, the question is can it survive long term as an asset or does it need that real utility?
Activity: 70

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
There are several disadvantages of BTC. Bitcoin is still developing. It is not yet widely accepted and because of this its price is not yet stable. Its value is not predictable. Another one is you can lost your BTC if your data or wallets get corrupted with virus unlike in the banks, if your atm got stolen you can easily call and let your account freeze whereas in BTC, when you lose it theres no retrieving Smiley
I didn't experience that my wallet gets corrupted because of virus, because I think we can still open our account in other devices, even if our devices gets virus we can still open our account. So we can still retrieve our bitcoin. But you are also right that bitcoin is not yet stable.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Bitcoin is not completely implemented in every country and due to very low transaction fee many people are using for illegal activities, The price of bitcoin is also not stable. Grin Grin Grin

Yeaah this is one disadvantage of bitcoin that it is not completely being used by different countries. But I think it's not the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin as once the system was being fixed and everything works perfect that is going to be accepted by countries and they will voluntarily adopt bitcoin whenever they want.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Currently, transaction fees are way too high, transaction processing time also.

Yeah especially for those people that are using xapo. It looks like they are still not adjusting the payment, it ranges 0.001-0.002 BTC and that's really high. Good thing that in blockchain.info they had adjusted and the highest payment that I did was 268sats/b and it's still acceptable in my end.
that is fact it has now become very difficult to do small transaction, some time we pay more as a fee that transaction fee. I was using xapo for mobile recharges as it was free at that time and but now I want to recharge my mobile using xapo account I need to pay 2.5 $ transaction fee only for recharging 1$ to my mobile, I think this problem must be solve so that we may become able to do small transaction also.

Small transactions nowadays is not advisable as your mBTC's will be eaten by the miners fee. I feel too bad for xapo and I guess they lost a lot of users because of their fees but still I don't know if they can do something about it because they are the only ones who still haven't changed but instead increasing their fees.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Here are some disadvantages noticed by users.

Bitcoins Are Not Widely Accepted
Wallets Can Be Lost
Built in Deflation
Bitcoin Valuation Fluctuates
No Valuation Guarantee
No Buyer Protection
Risk of Unknown Technical Flaws
No Physical Form

1) we're getting there
2) so can real wallets
3) really?
4) and it will do for a few years at least but we will find a stable price range in the future
5) nothing has that for real
6) use an escrow
7) same with banks or in case of cash with your pockets
Cool neither does fiat in a lot of countries right now

We have a risk in both fiat and bitcoin money. But for every problem we have solution. In fiat transaction also some fraud thing will happen example credit card fraud transaction but here we have customer support to get help, this facility we don't have in bitcoin trasnmction. Today we don't have, but in future, i think it will come. So try to make bitcoin famous later all issues will solve automatically.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
At this particular time, the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is simply that it isn't as feasible of a payment as traditional methods such as credit cards or cash.
Unless the person purchasing Bitcoin is using an Altcoin to purchase their goods then the transactions would get through much faster than how it’s going right now. I would try to get more developers into Bitcoin than having a bunch of Altcoins built for no reason though. Bitcoin is very young.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
At this particular time, the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is simply that it isn't as feasible of a payment as traditional methods such as credit cards or cash.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
Some of the advantages of Bitcoin has also turn to be the disadvantage to bitcoin, such as the decentralized nature of bitcoin which makes it's difficult to be controlled and as such can course inflation in an economy. Bitcoin will at the end of the day encourages money laundry most especially from the developing countries to developed nation's in the world.
Activity: 663
Right now, we cannot spend out BTC anywhere we want. That is one setback. BTC has yet to really earn the trust of large shopping centers, for example. But it is going there.

Another would be the incredible transaction fee they impose to those who spend BTC. The fee is simply heavy especially if the transaction is not that huge.

Confirmation time is another. We simply cannot waste time waiting for it our whole lives.
Pages:
Jump to: